Windows 10: Right clicking desktop freezes it until I restart, and then it happens again.

Discus and support Right clicking desktop freezes it until I restart, and then it happens again. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just did a reinstall of windows, and I am unable to do anything on Windows Explorer except for interacting with the taskbar. Restarting my pc allows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TrashBuckets, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Right clicking desktop freezes it until I restart, and then it happens again.

I just did a reinstall of windows, and I am unable to do anything on Windows Explorer except for interacting with the taskbar. Restarting my pc allows to hover over the icons, but the moment I click on one of them, it freezes. Any suggestions on fixing this?

:)

TrashBuckets, Jul 2, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

File Explorer crashes after Right Click in Desktop

Download: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows
    NOTE: download version 1.97 or later, else Restart Explorer won't work in step 4

1. This program does not require installation, just right click and run as Administrator
    2. From the menu, click on Options then click on Filter by Extension Type and select Context Menu. Also put check marks as shown

Right clicking desktop freezes it until I restart, and then it happens again. [​IMG]
    3. Click on the screen, Hold down CTRL Key+A to select all then click on the red button on top left corner to disable all.
    4. Click on the Options again and select Restart Explorer
    5. Now try to right click on desktop to see if it fixes your problem. If it does then start to enable one by one and repeat step 4 until the problem occurs again, that's the offending extension.

topgundcp, Jul 2, 2020
  3. dereddog Win User
    Nothing Happens When You Right-Click the Desktop in windows 10

Just upgraded to windows 10 pro.

Right clicking on desktop causes the mouse pointer to turn to circle and nothing happens, unable to click on any icons on desktop. Restarting helps until you right click on desktop again.

Anyone else come across this?

dereddog, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Right clicking desktop freezes it until I restart, and then it happens again.

Desktop freezes if I right-click on a document or shortcut

Hi everyone!

My desktop freezes when I right-click on a document or shortcut. This also happens when I right-click on something in file explorer.

Does anyone has a solution for this?

Thank you in advance!

KobeTheylaert, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Right clicking desktop freezes it until I restart, and then it happens again.

1. Right clicking desktop freezes it until I restart, and then it happens again. - Similar Threads - Right clicking desktop

2. desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut: I am running Windows 11 Home.I am also running latest version. When ever I right click a desktop icon/shortcut the desktop freezes and the cursor shows the loading circle. After right clicking on a icon I can not click on anything on my desktop until I restart my PC. While...
  3. desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut: I am running Windows 11 Home.I am also running latest version. When ever I right click a desktop icon/shortcut the desktop freezes and the cursor shows the loading circle. After right clicking on a icon I can not click on anything on my desktop until I restart my PC. While...
  4. Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop: My pc was working normally after while i faced a problem, when i right click a program in the desktop the desktop will freeze, also i saw that programms that was installed on Hdd drive when i right click on them the context menu appear without any problem, but when i right...
  5. Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop: My pc was working normally after while i faced a problem, when i right click a program in the desktop the desktop will freeze, also i saw that programms that was installed on Hdd drive when i right click on them the context menu appear without any problem, but when i right...
  6. Desktop freeze when i right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop freeze when i right click: Everytime i right click on my desktop it freezes and i dont know why. I have the newest drivers for my gpu, windows is updated and the moving background is not the problem because when i shut it off it still does it. https://reddit.com/link/12rqnhh/video/frzaswpqxtua1/player...
  7. freezing Buzzing until restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    freezing Buzzing until restart: game or video will freeze for a bit like a few hours in then buzzing with freezes at random this has been happening for a while now i have an up to date Nvidia GTX 1660 these are the errors that i have noticed in the Reliability monitor usually i get the 144 error first but...
  8. When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.: Hi, i'm having a problem with my MSI Laptop, where I right click the desktop, then it will turn my cursor into the blue circle and try to boot up the screen the gives you all those settings. Then it will take around 2 minutes for that to actually show, but when I click it...
  9. Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?: My mouse has a spontaneous right click occur and simultaneously the left click doesn't work until I right click on some part of the page I'm on. Windows 10 OS and Edge browser. I have tried different mouses, cleaned their buttons etc. and uninstalled the mouse drivers and...
  10. Desktop freezes if I right-click on a document or shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop freezes if I right-click on a document or shortcut: Hi everyone! My desktop freezes when I right-click on a document or shortcut. This also happens when I right-click on something in file explorer. Does anyone has a solution for this? Thank you in advance!...