Windows 10: Right clicking disappears when I type something in the search field of Windows 10

Discus and support Right clicking disappears when I type something in the search field of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home. I search for programs like control panel or cmd in the bottom left corner and they appear, but when I right click on them to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PeterFedyszyn, May 9, 2019.

1. Right clicking disappears when I type something in the search field of Windows 10

I have Windows 10 Home. I search for programs like control panel or cmd in the bottom left corner and they appear, but when I right click on them to do things such as "add to task bar" or "run as administrator", the box disappears super fast. I've tried resetting my PC, but this did not solve the issue. If I run Windows in safemode I can't even type anything in the search box.

I bring this up, because I am unable to zoom into photos on Windows photo viewer. When I try to zoom into a photo it just zooms me back out. Not sure what is causing these mysterious problems. This problem doesn't occur in safe mode.

Please help!

:)

PeterFedyszyn, May 9, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, May 9, 2019
  3. Right Clicking on a file

Hi Dileep,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Below are the steps on how to create Mail Recipient in the Sent To list.

1. Press Windows Key + R.

2. Type in the Search bar %appdata%\microsoft\windows\sendto

3. Right Click on the space in the middle of the window

4. Click New.

5. Click Text Document

6. Open the txt file in notepad, type in there 'Mail', and save the file as "Mail Recipient.MAPIMail"

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, May 9, 2019
  4. jbailey8 Win User

Right clicking disappears when I type something in the search field of Windows 10

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Right clicking disappears when I type something in the search field of Windows 10

1. Right clicking disappears when I type something in the search field of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Right clicking disappears

2. Cannot type in search fields, run field, or Mail

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot type in search fields, run field, or Mail: After recovering from an exception error caused by CorsairVBusDriver.sys by first restoring windows, then renaming all occurrences of the file to include .bak at the end, I uninstalled Corsair Utility Engine, dated 2016, and installed the newest iCUE dated 2020. I am unable...
  3. When i click the search icon i can type for a second and then it disappears so it doesn't...

in Cortana
    When i click the search icon i can type for a second and then it disappears so it doesn't...: I try to type in the search icon but it only lets me type for a second and then goes away so can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-the-search-icon-i-can-type-for-a/aae7006c-afe0-4162-bc60-f2d3f567d514
  4. Windows 10 search bar disappears when i go to type

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search bar disappears when i go to type: Windows 10 search bar disappears when i go to type. How do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-bar-disappears-when-i-go-to-type/33e587a4-f622-4f49-8b06-e9aeccb77f1f
  5. Windows 10 Searchbar disappears when i try to type something in.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Searchbar disappears when i try to type something in.: Greetings Everyone,as the title says,everytime i try to type something in the bottom Searchbar it dissapears.This is the Third time it happens,and the only way i could repair it the last two times was by reseting my whole PC.It just started today when i booted up my PC....
  6. Search Bar keeps crashing when I try to type/click something

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Bar keeps crashing when I try to type/click something: Title says it all, it stays up for like half a second then closes on me, this started happening like maybe 2-3 days ago?? Is anyone else having this issue? After some digging I saw that a lot of people were getting this same problem this week which makes me think it has...
  7. Clipboard - when I right click, nothing happens and when I left click it disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard - when I right click, nothing happens and when I left click it disappears: I take a snip of an item and it goes to my clipboard. The only options the clipboard gives me is 'delete', 'pin' or 'clear all'. there is no option to paste or save the image. What do I need to do? when I right click, nothing happens and when I left click it disappears. I...
  8. Right-click not working at search field in folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right-click not working at search field in folders: Good afternoon, Since the last update of Windows 10, whenever I try to right-click at the search field inside folders nothing happens. It's like the ability to do it disappeared. A turnaround to this is to Ctrl+C the text I want to search for and then Ctrl+V inside the...
  9. How To Enable Typing Into Search Field (Cortana field?)

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Enable Typing Into Search Field (Cortana field?): I now find, to my great surprise, that I can't type in the Search field at bottom left. The cursor will go there but nothing will happen to it when I start typing. This is amazing. This computer. Endless problems. I have two computer each with win10 and each installed at...
  10. Add notepad++ to the right click New> field

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add notepad++ to the right click New> field: Hi people, I would like to have Notepad++ in my "New>" list. Example: 1) Go to your desktop and right click on it 2) Click on New> 3) You are able to click on Notepad++ Right now I do see Notepad, I would like to keep it. Just adding notepad++ extra to it....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if i try to type something in the windows search it dissapears