Windows 10: right clicking in Win 10

Discus and support right clicking in Win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Suddenly, right-clicking in File Explorer for Windows 10 no longer offers the usual options. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Dan 56565 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bromberg, Jul 17, 2016.

1. bromberg Win User

right clicking in Win 10

Suddenly, right-clicking in File Explorer for Windows 10 no longer offers the usual options.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Dan

:)

bromberg, Jul 17, 2016

2. Right clicking & recycle bin not working (Win 10)

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience this has caused. We'll be glad to help you fix this.

A question, since when are you facing this issue? Did you make any changes to your device?

Firstly, make sure your device is updated. Install all the available and pending updates.

Go to Start > Settings > Update and
    Security  and click
    Check for Updates.

This issue might have occurred due to various reasons such as third-part applications, corrupted user profiles and operating system files etc..

Method 1: You may run the SFC scan on your computer
    which will replace the missing or corrupt files & check if the issue persists.

1. Press Windows + X.

2. Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

In the Command Prompt, type the following and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

Method 2: Perform Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

Refer the below given link to learn how to perform a clean boot in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in
    "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot"
    to reset computer as usual.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status of the issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Praveen Venugopal, Jul 17, 2016
  3. Right clicking & recycle bin not working (Win 10)

As the title suggests, I am having difficulty right clicking & deleting files.

Here's what's happening;

When I right click on my desktop nothing happens, no loading cursor appears, nor does the menu.

When I do the same but to an icon (such as for an application) half the options are missing, one of these is the delete option.

Right clicking on "Your PC" under file explorer will not let me click properties , infact, there is not option other than "pintodesktop"

And finally, when trying to access the old control panel non of the options will load, just a blank window.

Does anybody know what's happening, I feel there's something corrupted in my windows registry but I'm unsure how to fix it.

BisquiteCat, Jul 17, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

right clicking in Win 10

Right click in file explorer differs based on the object that you select such as Drive, Folder, File, File Type etc.. then you would get a different menu options available for the selected object.

topgundcp, Jul 17, 2016
Thema:

right clicking in Win 10

1. right clicking in Win 10 - Similar Threads - right clicking

2. Change right-click menu selection color?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change right-click menu selection color?: I've updated to version 1903 today and notice a ridiculous change: in the right-click menu (such as right-clicking the recycle bin), the selection color showing you what option you are on with your mouse is now white. Since the menu is also white (less white, so fortunately...
  3. Have to right-click to get installers to run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have to right-click to get installers to run: I have a thread in this forum, APC PowerChute Startup Problems which is not getting any responses; thus this new thread with a title that perhaps will get me some support: In trying to fix the problem in my other thread, I have found that in order to run program...
  4. Right click options show up, but no longer function

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Right click options show up, but no longer function: After a forced update was pushed out recently, I've discovered that when I right click Firefox, for example, and select a task from it (new tab, private tab, go to a favorite - whatever) it accepts the command and then does absolutely nothing. This worked just fine prior to...
  5. Right click context menu of Windows 10 is excrutiatingly slow in taskbar

Right click context menu of Windows 10 is excrutiatingly slow in taskbar: Hello, Running Windows 10, latest update (08.08.) and latest drivers on an Asus Zenbook 14 (i5 CPU). I recently had to restore Windows, ever since then the context menu of some applications is extremely slow. When I right click on apps on the taskbar, they usually open the...
  6. right click print?

right click print?: why cant i right click print in windows 10? is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-print/df258074-3d4d-4d7a-ad90-2c6c495542ab
  7. Disable Quick Access on right click on File Explorer icon in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Quick Access on right click on File Explorer icon in taskbar?: Hi all, I have many folders pinned in my Quick Access, which I like that way (see screenshot below). [ATTACH] (clickable) But now, when I do a right click on the icon of a File Explorer folder on the taskbar, I get this huge column of Quick Access links and Recent...
  8. Disable Quick Access on right click on File Explorer icon in task bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Quick Access on right click on File Explorer icon in task bar?: Hi all, I have many folders pinned in my Quick Access, which I like that way (see screenshot below). [ATTACH] (clickable) But now, when I do a right click on the icon of a File Explorer folder on the taskbar, I get this huge column of Quick Access links and Recent...
  9. Right-click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click Context Menu: I click on ads on some websites and gadgets to give revenue to the service provider. Generally, I want to right-click, then click on 'Open Link in New Tab'. More and more, right-clicking is acting like left-clicking and taking me to the ad site in the current tab or doing...
  10. "Paste" is not an option on right click menu

in Windows 10 Support
    "Paste" is not an option on right click menu: I just noticed this: When I go to COPY files and PASTE them into folders on another PC on the home network, the PASTE option does not show in the menu when you right click the destination folder. Is this 'normal' behavior? I can Paste the files using the paste button in the...