Windows 10: right clicking in Win 10

Discus and support right clicking in Win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Suddenly, right-clicking in File Explorer for Windows 10 no longer offers the usual options. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Dan 56565 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bromberg, Jul 17, 2016.

1. bromberg Win User

right clicking in Win 10

Suddenly, right-clicking in File Explorer for Windows 10 no longer offers the usual options.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Dan

:)

bromberg, Jul 17, 2016

2. Right clicking & recycle bin not working (Win 10)

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience this has caused. We'll be glad to help you fix this.

A question, since when are you facing this issue? Did you make any changes to your device?

Firstly, make sure your device is updated. Install all the available and pending updates.

Go to Start > Settings > Update and
    Security  and click
    Check for Updates.

This issue might have occurred due to various reasons such as third-part applications, corrupted user profiles and operating system files etc..

Method 1: You may run the SFC scan on your computer
    which will replace the missing or corrupt files & check if the issue persists.

1. Press Windows + X.

2. Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

In the Command Prompt, type the following and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

Method 2: Perform Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

Refer the below given link to learn how to perform a clean boot in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in
    "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot"
    to reset computer as usual.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status of the issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Praveen Venugopal, Jul 17, 2016
  3. Right clicking & recycle bin not working (Win 10)

As the title suggests, I am having difficulty right clicking & deleting files.

Here's what's happening;

When I right click on my desktop nothing happens, no loading cursor appears, nor does the menu.

When I do the same but to an icon (such as for an application) half the options are missing, one of these is the delete option.

Right clicking on "Your PC" under file explorer will not let me click properties , infact, there is not option other than "pintodesktop"

And finally, when trying to access the old control panel non of the options will load, just a blank window.

Does anybody know what's happening, I feel there's something corrupted in my windows registry but I'm unsure how to fix it.

BisquiteCat, Jul 17, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

right clicking in Win 10

Right click in file explorer differs based on the object that you select such as Drive, Folder, File, File Type etc.. then you would get a different menu options available for the selected object.

topgundcp, Jul 17, 2016
Thema:

right clicking in Win 10

1. right clicking in Win 10 - Similar Threads - right clicking

2. Can't disable Flicks/ Hold to right click/ pen circle Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disable Flicks/ Hold to right click/ pen circle Windows 11: Hello. I am having an issue using windows ink on Windows 11 Pro using Thinkpad Pen Pro.The hold to right click is interfering with all photo editing software. I cannot disable it in any way. If I want to draw any line, I have to drag it out of the circle, about 4mm, before it...
  3. Can't disable Flicks/ Hold to right click/ pen circle Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't disable Flicks/ Hold to right click/ pen circle Windows 11: Hello. I am having an issue using windows ink on Windows 11 Pro using Thinkpad Pen Pro.The hold to right click is interfering with all photo editing software. I cannot disable it in any way. If I want to draw any line, I have to drag it out of the circle, about 4mm, before it...
  4. Right Click and Left Click selection in windows explorer not working - Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click and Left Click selection in windows explorer not working - Windows 11 Pro: I'm running Windows 11 Pro and in March updated the system with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853 from 2024-01 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034204. Since then, when using...
  5. Right Click and Left Click selection in windows explorer not working - Windows 11 Pro

Right Click and Left Click selection in windows explorer not working - Windows 11 Pro: I'm running Windows 11 Pro and in March updated the system with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853 from 2024-01 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034204. Since then, when using...
  6. Right click menu filled with junk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click menu filled with junk: [ATTACH] I have uninstalled office from App & Features and switched to WPS, but there are still office files option in the new context menu, I have looked for solution to clean it like Context Menu Manager, Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant and editing registry but...
  7. Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click: My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5 A514-54-52UP running i5-1135G7 and Windows 10 22H2.For a view weeks, my laptop won't change focus to another window or to the taskbar-and-desktop if I left click or hover my cursor over the window, taskbar, or desktop.I have tried multiple...
  8. Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click

Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click: My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5 A514-54-52UP running i5-1135G7 and Windows 10 22H2.For a view weeks, my laptop won't change focus to another window or to the taskbar-and-desktop if I left click or hover my cursor over the window, taskbar, or desktop.I have tried multiple...
  9. Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Need help fixing right click IN the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help fixing right click IN the start menu: While trying to fix a prior issue i descovered that my right click has refused to work in the start menu. To clarify i can click on the start menu just fine its in the search in the menu that the right click is not working. the menu that is supposed to pop up after the right...