Windows 10: Right-clicking on a WAV file will hang Explorer

Discus and support Right-clicking on a WAV file will hang Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/976417/high-cpu-usage-in-the-explorer-exe-process-when-you-open-a-folder-that This problem was allegedly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DustinNulf, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Right-clicking on a WAV file will hang Explorer

DustinNulf, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Explorer hangs for a second when right clicking empty space

Are you talking windows explorer or internet explorer?

First thought, some sort of timeout problem. Explorer is trying to connect to something that isn't there or not responding.

Edit: I just saw this... so windows explorer:

I've seen similar behavior in Excel when a network printer (that was the default) wasn't available, Excel would hang for a second on just about every click. Solution was to change the default printer to PDF or something local. I'm only saying that because something analogous could be happening in your case.

Edit2:

Read this: http://www.winhelponline.com/xp/slowrightclick.htm

Sasqui, Feb 12, 2020
  3. mouse right click will not open my file explorer in taskbar

Hello Carl,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What happens when you left clicking?
    • When you say right click, do you actually mean left click?
    • Which all troubleshooting steps have you already tried to resolve this issue?

Left clicking with mouse will open File explorer or any other programs. Whereas right click will give you context menu.

I suggest you to right-click on the File Explorer
    on the task bar and select Unpin from Taskbar. Now in the search bar type
    File Explorer and right click on it and select Pin it to Taskbar
    and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Right-clicking on a WAV file will hang Explorer

File Explorer, Right click not responsive

Regarding your concern with File Explorer, we suggest that you follow these steps to resolve your query.

• Open File Explorer and click the View tab.
    • Click Options, and select Change folders and search options. The
      Folder Options window should pop up.
    • Click View tab and check mark “Always show icons, never thumbnails.”
      Right-clicking on a WAV file will hang Explorer 0a0866ea-811b-444d-836e-f29ca744e5b5.jpg
    • Click Apply and click Yes, when it asks, “Do you want all folders of this type to match this folder’s view settings?”
    • Click OK to close the Folder Options window and you may now use your File Explorer.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Right-clicking on a WAV file will hang Explorer

1. Right-clicking on a WAV file will hang Explorer - Similar Threads - Right clicking WAV

2. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click not working in file explorer: hello,I am encountering with an issue in file explorer windows 10. I wanted to print some documents and when i right clicked in the folder. It just hanged, like when the cursor shows a blue round moving animation only. That happened and the file explorer froze. I cant even...
  3. Explorer.exe hangs when right clicking on desktop or in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer.exe hangs when right clicking on desktop or in file explorer.: Basically it crashes when I right click in explorer application or desktop so I cant delete files using mouse or create files. Also first time today onedrive crashed with it and I was instantly able to right click again. Usually it goes away after 2minutes and happens again...
  4. File explorer hangs when pressing right click on anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer hangs when pressing right click on anything: So, most of the times I want to use something, the Windows File Explorer hangs, I tried almost anything and nothing fixes it, some people told me that updating windows fixes it, but I did it and nothing. submitted by /u/Izanaski [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 Right Click Makes File Explorer Hang

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Right Click Makes File Explorer Hang: Due to lack of space, I only managed to clear enough space to do the Windows 10 update last night. But today, the file explorer shortcut in the taskbar doesn't work, and when i right click an app in file explorer or desktop, the explorer hangs and I have to close it. I've...
  6. Explorer hangs on right-click on Office files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer hangs on right-click on Office files in Windows 10: Since the last one week, this problem has reappeared after a year . Whenever I right-click or double-click on an Office file Word, Excel or PPT , explorer hangs and I am unable to open the file as intended. On doing some more research, I have been able to narrow down the...
  7. Right clicking files in Explorer causes Explorer to hang / not respond. Slow context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right clicking files in Explorer causes Explorer to hang / not respond. Slow context menu: About a week ago after i updated windows 10 for the first time in a while i've noticed that occasionally when i right click pictures, documents, etc. in windows explorer to open the context menu, explorer will freeze and ill have the blue spinny loading cursor for like 30...
  8. Right click on desktop hangs

Right click on desktop hangs: After turning my laptop onrunning on windows 10 whenever I right click at the desktop it hangs for about 5-7 minutes and shows. Please help ASAP because once it hangs I cannot access anything at the desktop....
  9. Right click hangs computer

Right click hangs computer: All of a sudden, when I right click on a shortcut, the system hangs, and I have to restart the desktop. I have booted to safe mode and the same thing happens. I can right click in an open space and create a new folder etc. I just can not right click a shortcut. Windows 10...
  10. Right click hangs for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right click hangs for File Explorer: I have an issue that just started, and I could use some help. I want to format a hard drive, but when I ues File Explorer and right click on it to do this, I just get " not responding" Can anyone help me to fix this please? Thank you...