Windows 10: Right clicking on an application freezes

Discus and support Right clicking on an application freezes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I try to right click an application on the desktop OR in the file explorer, the loading circle appears and stays like that until I restart my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ivan Marinov, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Right clicking on an application freezes

When I try to right click an application on the desktop OR in the file explorer, the loading circle appears and stays like that until I restart my computer or the explorer. If it's in the file explorer, it just freezes with the circle and I have to close it from the taskbar or task manager. If it's on the desktop with the apps it self the loading circle appears and I can't interact with the screen, only task bar and other opened apps.

:)

Ivan Marinov, Apr 7, 2021

2. Right click function of an application

Hello

After right clicking on an application on taskbar it displays a list of history or recently used things but again right clicking on a particular thing suppose a video, folder, program etc the drop down menu is not visible means not transparent.

Also if i take the pointer slightly towards right of the menu it shows the drop down menu options but not fully transparent that is it is not overwriting over the list of options after the 1st right click on an application of taskbar.

Please solve the problem and give necessary suggestions.

Thank you and regards

Sumit Mondal, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Apr 7, 2021
  4. kebabs Win User

Right clicking on an application freezes

Clicking noise from HDD

Hey again,

I recently formatted my PC and reinstalled Vista and have noticed slowdowns/freezes on every application.

What's noticable is the clicking sound which my HDD generates right before the program unfreezes. It's a single click and it's doing it roughly every few minutes.

Could this be the `final frontier` for my HDD?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
    Simon

kebabs, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Right clicking on an application freezes

1. Right clicking on an application freezes - Similar Threads - Right clicking application

2. Can't right click on applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't right click on applications: When I right click on applications on my Windows 11 desktop the cursor turns into the loading icon and the Desktop turns unusable because the loading icon won't go away until I restart my system. This also happens when i right click applications on the explorer tab. Right...
  3. Can't right click on applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't right click on applications: When I right click on applications on my Windows 11 desktop the cursor turns into the loading icon and the Desktop turns unusable because the loading icon won't go away until I restart my system. This also happens when i right click applications on the explorer tab. Right...
  4. Windows 11 Folder: Right click freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Folder: Right click freeze: This happened all the time, When I'm in a folder, or when I right-click a folder on the desktop, The mouse will turn into that Loading circle and loading forever, If i restart windows explorer via task manager, then i will not even be able to left click to open any folder,...
  5. Right click function of an application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click function of an application: Hello After right clicking on an application on taskbar it displays a list of history or recently used things but again right clicking on a particular thing suppose a video, folder, program etc the drop down menu is not visible means not transparent. Also if i take the...
  6. When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.: Hi, i'm having a problem with my MSI Laptop, where I right click the desktop, then it will turn my cursor into the blue circle and try to boot up the screen the gives you all those settings. Then it will take around 2 minutes for that to actually show, but when I click it...
  7. Right Click New Context Freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click New Context Freeze: Hello, I'm still having problems with my context menu when I right click on the desktop and go to "New" It freezes before showing any options. I have uninstalled programs that had placed items in the new context menu so at this moment I only have the default things, but it's...
  8. Right Click "New" freezes system.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right Click "New" freezes system.: Recently I am facing this issue. whenever I click right click and select new, the menu box or 'context menu' freezes along with the file explorer. It does not happen with other items such as sort by or view by options in the context menu. It only occurs when I click new. It...
  9. Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?: My mouse has a spontaneous right click occur and simultaneously the left click doesn't work until I right click on some part of the page I'm on. Windows 10 OS and Edge browser. I have tried different mouses, cleaned their buttons etc. and uninstalled the mouse drivers and...
  10. mouse freezes and then right click wont respond

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse freezes and then right click wont respond: Hi guys. 4 days ago my mouse in my dell precision windows 10 laptop started freezing. The right click would not respond at clicking. i did alt+ctrl+shift renewed the windows explorer and then the left click function of the mouse would be reed but I had no right click. I...