Windows 10: Right clicking on any of the icons on my desktop shows Scan with TotalAV.

Discus and support Right clicking on any of the icons on my desktop shows Scan with TotalAV. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Problem is, I uninstalled that program. Windows 10 Home 64 bit, if it matters. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rick Fague, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Right clicking on any of the icons on my desktop shows Scan with TotalAV.

Problem is, I uninstalled that program. Windows 10 Home 64 bit, if it matters.

How do I fix this?

:)

Rick Fague, Aug 23, 2020

2. No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Desktop icons missing?

i guess its not coz oc
    try to right click on desktop you will find show desktop icon

micropage7, Aug 23, 2020
  4. avemaria Win User

Right clicking on any of the icons on my desktop shows Scan with TotalAV.

right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

avemaria, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Right clicking on any of the icons on my desktop shows Scan with TotalAV.

1. Right clicking on any of the icons on my desktop shows Scan with TotalAV. - Similar Threads - Right clicking icons

2. my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons.": my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons." instead, it has a transparent bar on top corner.i've tried many different ways but it still doesn't work. i've also opened my "desktop icon setting" and it doesn't have anything even i ticked all....
  3. my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons.": my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons." instead, it has a transparent bar on top corner.i've tried many different ways but it still doesn't work. i've also opened my "desktop icon setting" and it doesn't have anything even i ticked all....
  4. Problem when I Right Click on a Desktop Icon or on any file

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem when I Right Click on a Desktop Icon or on any file: I have just sat and read through all 27 pages in case someone had already posted about my problem, but this is not the case. I upgraded to 20H2 yesterday. All very painless and relatively fast. However, I have a problem that when I Right Click on a Desktop Icon or on any...
  5. Right clicking on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right clicking on desktop: When I left- click on the desktop and click either personalize or display settings a system 32 pop-up appears for less than a second but disappears without opening display settings or personalize. I have done a scan and check disk but nothing. Thanks for any help!...
  6. Desktop icons and right click

Desktop icons and right click: I can not find my desktop icons nor can I right click on my desktop this is what my desktop looks like[IMG] this is what I want it too look like how do I fix this? thank you [ATTACH]...
  7. Explorer not respoding on right click on any icon

Explorer not respoding on right click on any icon: Hello, When i right click on any icon on desktop, on any download or right click on any drive, it loads then it says Not respoding and restarts explorer. Any fix?...
  8. right-click on desktop

right-click on desktop: Hey, lately whenever I right-click on the desktop (to create a folder, document, etc.), the menu does not opened, and the system gets stuck for a few minutes. The blue circle continues to rotate for 40-50 minutes after a click, and then the menu opened. Is there a...
  9. Remote desktop crashes when right click icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop crashes when right click icon on desktop: Hi friends i have 2 computers one is laptop and the other is desktop.Both are on windows 10 with genuine windows license and 100% updated. I am having a weird problem and it started recently. When connected to laptop via remote desktop, if i right click on any icon then the...
  10. Can't delete Desktop Icons with a right click

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete Desktop Icons with a right click: Instead, I have to use the Delete button. Is this normal? 74701