Windows 10: Right-clicking [on desktop] not working.

Discus and support Right-clicking [on desktop] not working. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have downloaded Windows 10 as I am sure you all have. When I right-click [on a .jpg] on the desktop it takes ages to bring-up the context menu and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by essentuki, Aug 15, 2015.

1. essentuki Win User

Right-clicking [on desktop] not working.

I have downloaded Windows 10 as I am sure you all have. When I right-click [on a .jpg] on the desktop it takes ages to bring-up the context menu and invariably does NOT RESPOND [so my task manager tells me]. How do I fix this?

:)

essentuki, Aug 15, 2015
  2. rranger Win User

Right Clicking Next desktop background not working in Windows 10

I have suddenly started to have an odd issue with one of my Windows 10 PCs that is perplexing me.

The other day, I woke up my PC to find that all of my Themes were gone and I was locked onto a desktop photo that I don't ever remember having downloaded. I assumed that somehow I had gotten malware (since I couldn't right click on the Windows icon on the
    bottom left either and OneDrive was gone), so I reset Windows 10 on my PC, keeping my files.

All seems to have been fixed except for desktop personalization. When I right click on the desktop, "Next desktop background" no longer works, even though I am using a theme. The really odd thing is that if I click on the link, nothing happens, but then
    when I open up Personalize - Settings - Background, the next photo in the theme is displayed in the preview and the background changes on my desktop.

This is really annoying and I haven't found an answer on the web; can someone help me fix this?

Thanks.

rranger, Aug 15, 2015
  3. JATPENG Win User
    Right Clicking Next desktop background not working in Windows 10

I have the same issue and sfc /scannow completes without any issues identified. Not sure what to do with the reference to msvcp_win.dll in the instructions above?

Slideshow does not change when I right click and choose the Next Desktop Photo option. The only way I can change the desktop imiage is to right click choose Personalization and wait till it changes and then close it. I have the interval set to 1 minute.

When this started happening, the icons on my Desktop started to randomly change to black boxes or get messed up completely and the desktop image disappears and is left with a black background. If I Log off and log on the Desktop returns to normal for a
    few minutes.

JATPENG, Aug 15, 2015
  4. satchmo Win User

What's your computer specs? Which OS were you running before Windows 10? Did you experience similar problem with the previous OS?

satchmo, Aug 15, 2015
  5. essentuki Win User
    I was running Windows 7 Home and I did not have the error then.
    I have a Dell Inspiron 620 with Intel Chip set i3-2100 CPU run at 3.10 GHz. I have 8 GB of RAM and run a 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor.

essentuki, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Right-clicking [on desktop] not working. - Similar Threads - Right clicking desktop

2. Right click on Desktop not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click on Desktop not working: Everytime I press right click on my desktop, it makes the cursor start loading (turns in into the blue spinning ring) then just refreshes the desktop. Anyone know a solution? (still happens if I dont right click an application, and just the desktop itself). submitted by...
  3. Right click not working on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click not working on Desktop: Hi, I reset my laptop yesterday and now when I right-click mouse/trackpad on the Desktop, it doesn't do anything. I just get a spinning circle like it's loading. I didn't have this issue prior to the reset. I have tried restarting the File Explorer, tried DSIM, and...
  4. Right click on desktop not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click on desktop not working.: hi, I have noticed that whenever I right click on my desktop it gives me the loading symbol, aborts and then restarts and im not sure whats causing this, i looked into the problem scripts and found these were potential problems anyone able to help. Source Windows Explorer...
  5. Right Click on Desktop not working!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click on Desktop not working!: When I press right click on the desktop, the cursor goes into 'loading' mode and doesn't open the menu. However, elsewhere the right click works fine such as selecting files and viewing their properties inside the file manager, including on the desktop icons. Just not around...
  6. Desktop Right Click not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Right Click not working: So when I try to right click my desktop to make a folder the blue loading icon loads and it takes about 5 minutes to load and then nothing happens. I do it again and it does the same thing.. when it's loading I can't click anything on my desktop at all and when it stops...
  7. Desktop Right Click not working

Desktop Right Click not working: So when I try to right click my desktop to make a folder the blue loading icon loads and it takes about 5 minutes to load and then nothing happens. I do it again and it does the same thing.. when it's loading I can't click anything on my desktop at all and when it stops...
  8. Desktop Right Click not working

9. Desktop Right Click not working

10. Right click on desktop not working

Right click on desktop not working: I just factory resetted my laptop and now when I right click on the desktop it only shows the loading icon but doesnt do anything, how can i fix it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when right clicking on desktop screen does not work

2. right clicking desktop not working

3. rightclicking sesktop not working