Windows 10: Right clicking on images crashes/not responding

Discus and support Right clicking on images crashes/not responding in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This seems like a recent issue that just randomly started happening as I just noticed it a few minutes ago, but for some reason whenever I right click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Complexiey, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Right clicking on images crashes/not responding

This seems like a recent issue that just randomly started happening as I just noticed it a few minutes ago, but for some reason whenever I right click on images it crashes or like goes to (not responding) and then I have to end process it doesn't seem like this issue happens with anything else so it's kind of weird lol any png or gif or anything like that seems to just break

Not sure how to fix this any help?

submitted by /u/Complexiey
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Complexiey, Jul 30, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

right click crashes explorer

I'm thinking you have a program installed on your machine that integrates itself into Windows shell that is messed up. An example would be a program like imageburn or Catalyst control center that puts itself into the "right-click list". If you've installed any programs recently, try uninstalling them.

erocker, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Namslas90 Win User

Right clicking on images crashes/not responding

Namslas90, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Right clicking on images crashes/not responding

1. Right clicking on images crashes/not responding - Similar Threads - Right clicking images

2. file explorer crashes or stop responding when i right click on image after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer crashes or stop responding when i right click on image after windows 11 update: I updated my windows to the latest 22h2 version and now whenever I right-click on an image the file explorer stops responding and crashes after some time. When I right-click on folders or anywhere else I am not facing any issues. Also is there a way to hide the thumbnail icon...
  3. file explorer crashes or stop responding when i right click on image after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer crashes or stop responding when i right click on image after windows 11 update: I updated my windows to the latest 22h2 version and now whenever I right-click on an image the file explorer stops responding and crashes after some time. When I right-click on folders or anywhere else I am not facing any issues. Also is there a way to hide the thumbnail icon...
  4. Desktop right click a bit time to respond.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop right click a bit time to respond.: Hello, I recently upgraded from windows 10 to 11. Everything works fine for me, but desktop right click is taking a bit time to respond around 2 secs but right click in explorer or browsers is working fine. Is there any way to fix this issue ?Thanks and regards....
  5. Right Click Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right Click Crashing: I've already tried to steps suggested on other websites and found them either unable to fix the issue clearing file explorer history and ran sfc scan or that they failed to run properly ShellExView - when clicking to refresh explorer made explorer endlessly reboot. This has...
  6. Right click not responding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Right click not responding: Dear Support team, Need help below 1. Right click of any file, folder, application, software is not working, it keep on scrolling round? 2. Windows defender scan is suspending continuously while full scan or custom scan or quick scan? 3. Inadvertently I installed one...
  7. Right click not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right click not responding: C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs,...
  8. right click not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click not responding: recently ,I reset my laptop and after the installation I face an issue whenever I try to right click on the desktop window the cursor goes to loading state and doesn't responds or open the context menu. Is there any solution ?? please help!!...
  9. Right click not responding......

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click not responding......: Yesterday i reset my windows 10 and after the fresh startup , when i click the right mouse button (right click) on desktop .....then it did not respond infact only the blue circle was just loading , loading and still loading.......How to resolve this problem please tell if...
  10. mouse freezes and then right click wont respond

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse freezes and then right click wont respond: Hi guys. 4 days ago my mouse in my dell precision windows 10 laptop started freezing. The right click would not respond at clicking. i did alt+ctrl+shift renewed the windows explorer and then the left click function of the mouse would be reed but I had no right click. I...