Windows 10: Right clicking on my desktop flickers my screen

Discus and support Right clicking on my desktop flickers my screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This started after an update. The screen slightly flickers whenever I hit my right mouse button. How do I fix this issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SridattaMarati, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Right clicking on my desktop flickers my screen

This started after an update. The screen slightly flickers whenever I hit my right mouse button. How do I fix this issue?

:)

SridattaMarati, Mar 14, 2019
  2. CarloMarc Win User

Screen flickering after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

If you're still having problem with flickering screen. Just change your refresh rate(lower it down)

Steps:

• right-click on empty space on the desktop
    • choose graphic properties
    • look for the refresh rate dropdown box
    • from 60phz change it to 40phz
    • hit apply then ok

CarloMarc, Mar 14, 2019
  3. AlanR246 Win User
    Screen flicker and hangup on desktop screen

The short term fix for me was to roll back to Windows 7. I did not have the time to work through the issues but will try again in a week or so. I had a call in to the Microsoft Answer Desk and got a call back after I rolled back. Pasted below are the suggestions
    to attempt find the problem. In my case, I suspect Norton was the culprit since that was the common product on both my desktops and I was not seeing a flicker in Task Manager window.

From the Microsoft Answer Desk:

Here are the Steps for the Flickering issue.

If we see the screen flickering after sign-in there are two possible causes - apps causing Explorer to crash, or display driver issues.

To start, press this key combination: CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

If this opens Task Manager and that window is NOT flickering:The likely cause is Software Compatibility issue causing Explorer.exe to crash repeatedly.

• Use the File, Run option in Task Manager to open additional tools as-needed. Be sure to check the box to run tools as Administrator. These could include:

appwiz.cpl: Opens Programs and Features

compmgmt.msc: Opens Computer Management

cmd.exe
    • You can search for crash events in the Event Logs and find if any third party DLLs are the faulting module in the Explorer,.exe crashes Or uninstall software that is likely to include shell extensions.
    • If removing software does not resolve the issue, use these commands to repair Windows:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow
    We have reports that removing these apps help resolve the issue:

• Norton Antivirus
    • Other AV solutions
    • iCloud
    • IDT Audio (faulting module IDTNC64.cpl)
    If Task Manager is flickering, or it didn't open, proceed with display driver troubleshooting:
    The likely cause is a display driver or display hardware issue.

• Boot to Safe Mode with Networking.
    • Use the same steps here as for Black Screen issues - if dual chipset, disable built-in graphics, if still flickers, try with only the other chipset enabled.
    • If this does not work, or there is only a single chipset, uninstall the device and remove the driver software.
    • Then boot into Windows and update the drivers to the latest from the manufacturer.
    Here are the Steps for the Flickering issue.

If we see the screen flickering after sign-in there are two possible causes - apps causing Explorer to crash, or display driver issues.

AlanR246, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Right clicking on my desktop flickers my screen

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Right clicking on my desktop flickers my screen

1. Right clicking on my desktop flickers my screen - Similar Threads - Right clicking desktop

2. Right clicking in my desktop or file explorer will refresh the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right clicking in my desktop or file explorer will refresh the desktop: I've had this problem twice now, the last problem occurred around 2 months ago and now it happened again. I would assume this is caused by the updates, and it appeared again. Tried the same solution I tried last time but it didn't work this time system restore. I restored at...
  3. Right clicking in my desktop or file explorer will refresh the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right clicking in my desktop or file explorer will refresh the desktop: I've had this problem twice now, the last problem occurred around 2 months ago and now it happened again. I would assume this is caused by the updates, and it appeared again. Tried the same solution I tried last time but it didn't work this time system restore. I restored at...
  4. Right click doesn't work on my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click doesn't work on my desktop: Hi everyone, I can't seem to right click on my desktop to create a new folder. I can right click on my existing icons, but I can't right click anywhere else on my desktop. I have tried going into Registry Editor under directory and removing certain folders (I followed online...
  5. I cannot right click on my pc desktop

I cannot right click on my pc desktop: Help, i can't right click on my pc desktop. It takes 30 seconds for the options to come up submitted by /u/CordSnap [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ju5zte/i_cannot_right_click_on_my_pc_desktop/
  6. Right clicking on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right clicking on desktop: When I left- click on the desktop and click either personalize or display settings a system 32 pop-up appears for less than a second but disappears without opening display settings or personalize. I have done a scan and check disk but nothing. Thanks for any help!...
  7. Can't click the right side of my screen

Can't click the right side of my screen: !/4 of my screen on the right side is un-clickable except for an area at the bottom of the un-clickable area. I was wondering if someone could support me with fixing this problem submitted by /u/ENKitty [link] [comments]...
  8. Unable to click right side of my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to click right side of my screen: After start-up it is possible for me to click on the right side of the screen like closing a chrome browser. After 5 minutes, it becomes unclickable no matter what I do. Is there any way for me to figure out which application is causing this? It basically started happening...
  9. right-click on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    right-click on desktop: Hey, lately whenever I right-click on the desktop (to create a folder, document, etc.), the menu does not opened, and the system gets stuck for a few minutes. The blue circle continues to rotate for 40-50 minutes after a click, and then the menu opened. Is there a...
  10. Right Click shuts down my documents and desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click shuts down my documents and desktop: My Right click when I want to copy, or paste or use any function in my documents and files, shuts down the programme. The bottom bar disappears and it restarts itself, but I can still not right click without it happening again. I have performed a sfc scan which allows the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click on desktop causes screen to flicker with no menu

2. if i right-click on desktop screen flickers

3. right click flickers screen

4. desktop flickers when right click,
  5. right click on desktop icons screen flickers doesnt work,
  6. when i right click the mouse the page flickers,
  7. when i right click on my screen the desktop flikers