Windows 10: Right clicking on some files or folders takes about 25 seconds to bring up right click menu

Discus and support Right clicking on some files or folders takes about 25 seconds to bring up right click menu in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Title says it all, this all of the sudden just started happening. If I right click on video files/images or folders it takes about 25-30 seconds to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chris d.bender, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Right clicking on some files or folders takes about 25 seconds to bring up right click menu

Title says it all, this all of the sudden just started happening. If I right click on video files/images or folders it takes about 25-30 seconds to bring up the right click menu, before this comes up it says not responding but eventually responds. Funny thing is when I right click on short cuts or .pdf files (adobe acrobat files) the right click menu comes up right away. This is really costing me a lot of time at work and was wondering how I could fix this without a reinstall? Thank you.

:)

chris d.bender, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. 'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

I just submitted this suggestion on Windows Uservoice:

The idea: the right-click menu for folders in File Explorer has an option called 'Open in new window', which opens that folder in a new File Explorer window. Very useful for copying and moving things, and opening destination folders without accessing the start menu a second time.

right-click menu option for File Explorer – Feature Suggestions for Windows

Delicieuxz, Jul 10, 2019
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

Right clicking on some files or folders takes about 25 seconds to bring up right click menu

'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

Is this a weird joke/troll?

That feature has been in Explorer since at least Windows 7...

Thema:

Right clicking on some files or folders takes about 25 seconds to bring up right click menu

1. Right clicking on some files or folders takes about 25 seconds to bring up right click menu - Similar Threads - Right clicking files

2. right click file menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click file menu: 1. Why did the file management drop down menu change from all the things you need to manage files to stuff you don't usually do as a first option on Windows 11? I need to delete a file it takes more clicks/steps to delete it etc. Why did they change that for the worse? Don't...
  3. right click file menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right click file menu: 1. Why did the file management drop down menu change from all the things you need to manage files to stuff you don't usually do as a first option on Windows 11? I need to delete a file it takes more clicks/steps to delete it etc. Why did they change that for the worse? Don't...
  4. Right click does not bring up a menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click does not bring up a menu: I have searched this problem and none of the supposed fixes work for me. So far I have verified the mouse works, downloaded shellexe and disabled all non-microsoft content, ran the file checker and scannow, updated the mouse driver, and re-booted a million times. When I click...
  5. Right click does not bring up a menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click does not bring up a menu: I have searched this problem and none of the supposed fixes work for me. So far I have verified the mouse works, downloaded shellexe and disabled all non-microsoft content, ran the file checker and scannow, updated the mouse driver, and re-booted a million times. When I click...
  6. Right click does not bring up a menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  8. right click menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click menu: how do i remove something off the right click menu submitted by /u/kubunio10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mopspb/right_click_menu/
  9. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"
  10. Right click menu for folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click menu for folders: my right click menu for folders on my desktop has a program at the top instead of the word open , so every time i click to open it opens the program instead of the folder. i can right click and go to open below and it will open properly. How does one change the order of the...