Windows 10: Right clicking on start button or Edge nothing happens.

Discus and support Right clicking on start button or Edge nothing happens. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; About 2 weeks ago I noticed that all my bookmarks had dissappeared, then when I right click on the start menu nothing happens, now Edge won't open when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BudE, Nov 11, 2018.

1. BudE Win User

Right clicking on start button or Edge nothing happens.

About 2 weeks ago I noticed that all my bookmarks had dissappeared, then when I right click on the start menu
    nothing happens, now Edge won't open when I click on it on the taskbar, then today I went into my computer and my picture and documents files are gone. I have tried a bunch of fixes from u tube and what shows up when I ask the question on google but nothing works. Anyone have this problem or a fix for it. Thanks for any help.

:)

2. Start Button & Edge Not Working

I upgraded to Windows 10 in early August and all has been well until this week when I find that when I left click on the start button nothing happens (right click is fine), and Microsoft Edge seems to have disappeared from my PC (although the icon remains on the Quick Start Bar (but does nothing). This means that I cannot access my list of programs and apps etc.

This all seems to have happened after the last Windows Update. I have tried a system restore from some of the previous restore points, but to no avail.

I have a laptop as well and Windows 10 is running fine on that.

Any suggestions?

Neil

NeilFranklin, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Harry1018 Win User
    Nothing happen when clicking Start button

After starting Win10 several times, now when I click on start menu nothing comes up, only when right click I get list of short cuts such as control panel, Power option etc. But when I just click on
    start button nothing shows such as list of all the app and tiles on the right. Second thing when I click on bottom right hand corner on the time I am suppose to see the whole month calendar, but nothing happens when when I click the time button

Harry1018, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Right clicking on start button or Edge nothing happens.

Windows 10 Start button - No right click option

Nothing appears (no menu) when I right click the start button also Win X does not work or show and sub menu. I have tried restarting explorer.exe and I have run sfc /scannow to no avail! Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

Scooterboy, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Right clicking on start button or Edge nothing happens.

1. Right clicking on start button or Edge nothing happens. - Similar Threads - Right clicking start

2. Start button right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button right click: Windows 11 updated. Right click on the 'Start Button' does not respond at all. It is disabled. Left click has no issuesPlease advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-right-click/9f12bb06-5418-4b0c-b663-30178b749a3c
  3. Start button right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start button right click: Windows 11 updated. Right click on the 'Start Button' does not respond at all. It is disabled. Left click has no issuesPlease advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-right-click/9f12bb06-5418-4b0c-b663-30178b749a3c
  4. Start menu has disappeared, Click on button nothing happens

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu has disappeared, Click on button nothing happens: Was having problems with taskbar items and played around and fixed them but yesterday found that when I click on the start button nothing happens. Dont know how long its been like that as dont use it often so maybe not my playing caused it. Have tried to find a solution...
  5. Nothing happens when I click 'browse' button.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing happens when I click 'browse' button.: Whenever I click 'browse' button to open a file or to save one it does nothing. I tried SFC and DISM commands and nothing achieved. I'm sure there is a problem with a 'dll' file in the system32 directory, however, I cannot locate it as I don't know what its name is. Any help...
  6. Right-click "Run as Administrator" in start menu, nothing happens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right-click "Run as Administrator" in start menu, nothing happens: Hello folks I have been struggling with this issue for a while now, but it seems that right-clicking something in the start menu to run as administrator is not working, as absolutely nothing happens. I can launch things such as command prompt with no admin permissions just...
  7. windows 10 start button and taskbar buttons "no-show" nothing happens when clicked

windows 10 start button and taskbar buttons "no-show" nothing happens when clicked: i am confused if virus or malware causes this problem, cause nothing happens if i clicked any taskbar buttons including start. windows is updated but still nothing happens. your opinions are highly appreciated...
  8. start button right click menu

start button right click menu: when I right click on the start button, nothing happens, no menu. Also, when I start windows, I get this error: This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows". The two things happened about the same time, not sure if...
  9. Start button left click nothing happens

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button left click nothing happens: Have a Dell XPS 11. Clicking left on start button should open Cortana and Start Options. Nothing happens. There's a hamburger on the top left which will bring up the start menu, Most Used, Recently Added and File Explorer, Settings, etc. At the bottom, Power Symbol and a...
  10. Clicking Start Button does nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Clicking Start Button does nothing: My Win10 Home 64 bit computer was working correctly yesterday. Today there was one notification which just showed 'windows.immersivecontrolpanel-cw5n1h2xyewy! microsoft.windows.it', although I am not sure if the last part was something like 'immersive' as the last character...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nothing happens when i right click start button

2. microsoft calendar nothing happens when i click the shortcut