Windows 10: right clicking Properties not showing dialog box

Discus and support right clicking Properties not showing dialog box in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; for a couple months now when I right click on file or folder and select the properties no dialog box appears. I have also tried Alt+Enter and same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Trigunner, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Trigunner Win User

right clicking Properties not showing dialog box

for a couple months now when I right click on file or folder and select the properties no dialog box appears. I have also tried Alt+Enter and same thing...nothingI haven't encounters this in the past windows versions.Thanks

:)

Trigunner, Sep 13, 2022
  2. Ramzi M Win User

right click menu

Hi ,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

I'm Ramzi, an Independent advisor, here to help you.

Step 1: On your Windows 10 desktop, make sure that desktop icons are visible. If not, right-click on desktop, click View, and then click Show desktop icons to view all desktop icons.

Step 2: Right-click on the Recycle Bin and then select Properties to open Recycle Bin Properties dialog box.

Step 3: Under General tab, check the option named Display delete confirmation dialog. Click Apply button before closing Recycle Bin Properties dialog box.

Let me know if I can help you further!

Ramzi M, Sep 13, 2022
  3. External HardDrive Problem (please help right clicking Properties not showing dialog box :( )

Try this:

1) Insert your flash/external drive into the USB port.

2) When you see the AutoPlay dialog box, click Cancel.

3) Open My Computer, right-click your flash drive icon, and select Properties.

4)In the Properties dialog box, select the AutoPlay tab.

5) Perform the following steps for each item in the Content Type drop-down list:
    > Select an item in the Content Type drop-down list.
    > Choose Select An Action To Perform in the Actions panel.
    > Select the Open Folder To View Files In Windows Explorer action.
    > Click the Apply button.
    > Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.

Now use the Safely Remove Hardware feature to remove your flash drive — wait a moment and plug it back in. You’ll see the AutoPlay progress appear momentarily, and then you should see Windows Explorer open to show the contents of the flash drive.

thoughtdisorder, Sep 13, 2022
  4. Lizy297 Win User

how to change size of folders on my Pc

To set the size, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and choose the Properties command.
    • Click the Taskbar tab in the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box.
    • To use smaller icons, place a check mark by the item Use Small Icons. ...
    • Click OK.

Lizy297, Sep 13, 2022
Thema:

1. right clicking Properties not showing dialog box - Similar Threads - right clicking Properties

2. right clicking Properties not showing dialog box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right clicking Properties not showing dialog box: for a couple months now when I right click on file or folder and select the properties no dialog box appears. I have also tried Alt+Enter and same thing...nothingI haven't encounters this in the past windows versions.Thanks...
  3. Right click is a white box

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click is a white box: [ATTACH] literally blank to display anything i have to hover over them, which looks like this https://preview.redd.it/8t3rlyi83j461.png?width=231&format=png&auto=webp&s=132a883607faf6ff1eefd6f1ab3cdc444a147d3d Windows 20H2 submitted by /u/GalacticUser25 [link]...
  4. Dialog box showing as you'll need administrator rights to perform this action

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dialog box showing as you'll need administrator rights to perform this action: I am the only user of my PC but every time I am creating a folder or deleting it, it is showing a dialog box stating as " You'll need administrator rights to perform this action" Please help on this issue....
  5. Right Click gets Window Installer dialog box

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click gets Window Installer dialog box: For last few days when ever I right click in File Explorer or other instead of a menu I get a Windows dialog box "Window Installer" and message "Preparing to Install" with one option "Cancel". I am not installing. Just want right click menu. Dialog box remains and computer...
  6. Right click box gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click box gone: When I right click a file to rename it I can only see the MacAfee symbol. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/right-click-box-gone/37ce3599-70fe-45aa-89a7-fa1b1e08eb46
  7. Right click on taskbar no longer shows properties option

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on taskbar no longer shows properties option: ...therefore I am no longer able to auto hide the task bar ot change any of the other config options via that menu option. I have turned tablet mode on and off as advised in this thread Does anyone have any suggestions? .... I see someone else reported this problem as...
  8. White boxes for right click menus?

in Windows 10 Support
    White boxes for right click menus?: http://puu.sh/jjjOl/869ebbd62a.png The bottom right box is me right clicking the Speakers or Network icons. I can click in it and it still works but it's just annoying knowing that it's not working properly. Anyone else have this problem or perhaps a solution for it? 10411
  9. No properties on right click

in Windows 10 Support
    No properties on right click: Windows 10 My windows desktop has become strange. right clicking on my taskbar do not show properties. Any window opens maximized without the option to restore or minimize. Menu button missing on the taskbar but exists as an icon on the desktop. The leftmost icon on the...
  10. 'Properties' option not accessible in Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    'Properties' option not accessible in Right Click Menu: I am currently using Windows 10 pro 64 bit having upgraded from Windows 7 pro and I am experiencing a strange problem. When I right click on a file ( .WAV, .MP3, .JPG, .DOC etc ) in Windows Explorer and then select the 'Properties' option, the expected properties window...