Windows 10: Right Clicking Stopped Working?

Discus and support Right Clicking Stopped Working? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some reason, right clicking stopped working on my Windows 10 computer. Any idea why and how to fix that? 115321 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Joshie, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Joshie Win User

Right Clicking Stopped Working?

For some reason, right clicking stopped working on my Windows 10 computer. Any idea why and how to fix that?

:)

Joshie, Aug 3, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Right click not working

Hello Norman,

We apologize for the delay in response form our end. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Now, please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Method 2:

If issue persist, kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Right Clicking Stopped Working?

Right Clicking on a file

Hi Dileep,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Below are the steps on how to create Mail Recipient in the Sent To list.

1. Press Windows Key + R.

2. Type in the Search bar %appdata%\microsoft\windows\sendto

3. Right Click on the space in the middle of the window

4. Click New.

5. Click Text Document

6. Open the txt file in notepad, type in there 'Mail', and save the file as "Mail Recipient.MAPIMail"

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Right Clicking Stopped Working?

1. Right Clicking Stopped Working? - Similar Threads - Right Clicking Stopped

2. Suddenly the Right click on touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly the Right click on touchpad stopped working: Laptop Lenovo Thinkbook 16P , Less than 1 year oldThe Original OS was Windows 11Pro --> Right click was working OKThe Current OS is Windows 10 Pro v 22H2 built 19045.2846 Down gradedA few days ago the Right click stopped functioning.What I did :* Uninstalled & Reinstalled the...
  3. Suddenly the Right click on touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly the Right click on touchpad stopped working: Laptop Lenovo Thinkbook 16P , Less than 1 year oldThe Original OS was Windows 11Pro --> Right click was working OKThe Current OS is Windows 10 Pro v 22H2 built 19045.2846 Down gradedA few days ago the Right click stopped functioning.What I did :* Uninstalled & Reinstalled the...
  4. Left & Right Click Stops Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left & Right Click Stops Working: I am having issues with my mouse Logitech MX Master 3Left & Right click stops working on certain icons and so does double click, some areas of Windows 11 are ok and some are not.To fix this I need to ctrl/alt/delete then cancel and everything comes right until it happens...
  5. Left & Right Click Stops Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left & Right Click Stops Working: I am having issues with my mouse Logitech MX Master 3Left & Right click stops working on certain icons and so does double click, some areas of Windows 11 are ok and some are not.To fix this I need to ctrl/alt/delete then cancel and everything comes right until it happens...
  6. Wifi stops working on file right click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi stops working on file right click: So at first I was confused why my wifi drops out for no reason since I had a smb share and the smb share so what I did was remove the smb share and it was still happening. And I just realised that if I right click on a file anywhere on the C:\ drive on a usb drive or even on...
  7. Left and Right click randomly stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left and Right click randomly stop working: Since a few days ago my left and right click buttons randomly stop working. I have a Genesis Xenon 770 and when ever this happens the RGB lights freeze but I can still move my cursor around the screen only I can't use any buttons. Any ideas? The only workaround is to reach...
  8. right click stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click stopped working: After updating to the new Windows Update, my touchpad's right click stopped working. The left click is also not very responsive. I have restarted my computer several times, tried to troubleshoot Windows Update and the HID-compliant mouse. Also, after updating, the...
  9. Right Clicking Stopped Working?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Right Clicking Stopped Working?: For some reason, right clicking stopped working on my Windows 10 computer. Any idea why and how to fix that? 115321
  10. Right-click has stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click has stopped working: I recently had to open Disk Management and tried to do this using right-click on the Windows symbol and selecting that option. Nothing happened. I found another way to do it, but have now noticed that other right-click issues are happening, eg I recently tried to run...