Windows 10: Right Clicking This PC icon

Discus and support Right Clicking This PC icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I just upgraded to Windows 10 20H2. Now when I right click on This PC icon it goes to About. Why the hell did Microsoft do this? Every since Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by i386, Oct 21, 2020.

1. i386 Win User

Right Clicking This PC icon

So I just upgraded to Windows 10 20H2. Now when I right click on This PC icon it goes to About. Why the hell did Microsoft do this? Every since Windows 95 25 years it has always went to system. Now Microsoft has to change it?
    Why did they change it? Is my Imagination or is it the same for everyone? I know most people don't go to system like that anymore but I still do. And I think it was dumb for Microsoft to change it. Even if you go to Control Panel and click
    System it goes to About.

Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.572)

:)

2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Earp41 Win User

Issues with displaying of details when right clicking on Windows document icons in Windows 10 computer.

All the above settings mentioned in the earlier email are correct on my pc but I still cannot access the details on icon shortcuts on the task bar when I right click it. Also, when I left click the Windows icon on the taskbar, it no longer displays the
    listing of the programs on the start menu as there is no response.

Earp41, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Right Clicking This PC icon - Similar Threads - Right Clicking icon

2. Cannot right-click taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot right-click taskbar icons.: Hi,As per title, I cannot right click my taskbar icons. I can right click start, or the taskbar itself, but not the icons.I cannot perform system restore as there are no restore points before today when the error presented. I have tried restarts, restarting windows explorer,...
  3. Cannot right-click taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot right-click taskbar icons.: Hi,As per title, I cannot right click my taskbar icons. I can right click start, or the taskbar itself, but not the icons.I cannot perform system restore as there are no restore points before today when the error presented. I have tried restarts, restarting windows explorer,...
  4. Custom Icons in Right Click menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Icons in Right Click menu.: [ATTACH] Hello! Is possible to add custom icons to the right click menu options (example screenshot)? Thanks! https://preview.redd.it/qmuv6tpve2l61.png?width=215&format=png&auto=webp&s=ff27929f918cba85ad59deafc6b3aad981d2d1bc submitted by /u/_TopComp_ [link]...
  5. Cant right click taskbar icons

Cant right click taskbar icons: I cannot Right click on my open programs from my taskbar. I also cant left click on my speaker icon to switch sound devicesspeakers to headset. But i can right click to open the settings and all that on the speaker icon. And right click works on all the open programs. This...
  6. Desktop icons and right click

Desktop icons and right click: I can not find my desktop icons nor can I right click on my desktop this is what my desktop looks like[IMG] this is what I want it too look like how do I fix this? thank you [ATTACH]...
  7. Can't click on icons and right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click on icons and right click: I had my whole PC full and games started to lag I did a reset I starting downloading chrome and steam and suddenly I couldn't click on my desktop I don't know what happend I tried restarting windows explorer and doing other things submitted by /u/Deluxxxe5719 [link]...
  8. Recent List on right clicking icon

Recent List on right clicking icon: I have seen a lot of people asking similar questions but in all the reply I have not seen a solution to my issue. When I right click in any applications icon (Word, Excel< etc..) it does not show recently opened files like it was before. I do have the toggle for that option...
  9. Can't right click taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't right click taskbar icons: I can't right click taskbar apps, left click works as it should but not the right click. Also left clicking start button won't open start menu, right click works on this one as it works on other system icons (volume, network, clock and notification) but not the left click....
  10. Right click on icon, then black

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on icon, then black: Please can You help me with this problem, it happens on some files, and I cant do anything (bouht laptop 2 weeks ago) Here is YT link with recorded problem : Win 10 right click problem - YouTube Thanks in advance! 67097