Windows 10: Right Clicking Volume icon in icon tray "mutes" discord, zoom, and other applications.

Discus and support Right Clicking Volume icon in icon tray "mutes" discord, zoom, and other applications. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a new headset, corsair virtuoso, and I constantly right click on the volume icon to get to the volume mixer to alter the sound of the games I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Master_Pudendum, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Right Clicking Volume icon in icon tray "mutes" discord, zoom, and other applications.

I got a new headset, corsair virtuoso, and I constantly right click on the volume icon to get to the volume mixer to alter the sound of the games I'm playing. As soon as I right click on the volume icon discord stops outputting sound to my headset until I go into discord and unselect my headset and then reselect it. Same thing happens with zoom except sometimes I can unfocus the volume icon menu and my headset sound comes back. I have tried changing my output on discord and zoom to default device rather than the headset itself and that has not fixed the issue. This only happens with this headset and no other sound output devices. Not sure if this is a windows problem or a headset problem but I would appreciate any help or tips.

submitted by /u/Master_Pudendum
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Master_Pudendum, Mar 2, 2021
  2. fidget77 Win User

False red X on volume icon in the system tray (broken volume system tray icon) when sound is on in Windows 10 after Windows Creators Update

Speakers are enabled, sound works fine. Its just the volume system tray icon that gets broken when used and this happens only if I use the volume system tray icon by left clicking it to mute/unmute sound and then restart the PC. The false red X appears
    on volume icon in the system tray and doesn't go away unless I restart PC again.

fidget77, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Tray icon disappears

I've been experiencing since the installation of Windows XP SP2 on multiple machines with the ATITool Tray Icon disappearing upon load at system startup. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Enabling or Disabling the "Hide Inactive (tray) Icons" WinXP menu option doesn't have any effect. The only way to open ATITool after it has loaded is to go through the start menu to open it again. I have "minimize on close" selected in ATITool. When closing ATITool, you see it make the motions of minimizing to the tray area but no icon is displayed. Any ideas?

djshowergel, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Tjeros Win User

Right Clicking Volume icon in icon tray "mutes" discord, zoom, and other applications.

Volume Mixer not showing muted app

I do not have an audio problem in the context of "Audio is not playing". The problem is in the fact that Volume Mixer will not show a muted app. This issue has been around since Windows 7.

If you mute an application, it will not show up in Volume Mixer next time you start it. Is there any way I could find the settings for muted applications and change those to 'unmuted'?

Tjeros, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Right Clicking Volume icon in icon tray "mutes" discord, zoom, and other applications.

1. Right Clicking Volume icon in icon tray "mutes" discord, zoom, and other applications. - Similar Threads - Right Clicking Volume

2. Add Other Tray Icons to the 'Other system tray icons' in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Other Tray Icons to the 'Other system tray icons' in Windows 11: When I go to pin a hidden icon to the taskbar tray icon section, it will only pin while that account is signed in, after logout or sleep or shutdown or restart the attached taskbar tray icon will go back into the 'Hidden icon menu' in the system tray icon section.I have tried...
  3. Add Other Tray Icons to the 'Other system tray icons' in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Other Tray Icons to the 'Other system tray icons' in Windows 11: When I go to pin a hidden icon to the taskbar tray icon section, it will only pin while that account is signed in, after logout or sleep or shutdown or restart the attached taskbar tray icon will go back into the 'Hidden icon menu' in the system tray icon section.I have tried...
  4. Right-click over volume icon no longer working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click over volume icon no longer working.: Hello!I like to have my volume mixer open when I use my laptop, but the right-click function isn't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-over-volume-icon-no-longer-working/a7da2c21-e490-4bab-bdad-ccd8df4510af
  5. Right-click over volume icon no longer working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click over volume icon no longer working.: Hello!I like to have my volume mixer open when I use my laptop, but the right-click function isn't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-over-volume-icon-no-longer-working/a7da2c21-e490-4bab-bdad-ccd8df4510af
  6. Right-click over volume icon no longer working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bottom right volume icon in system tray not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bottom right volume icon in system tray not working: I am also having the same problem as another Microsoft user Petercoffee re the volume icon in the task tray does not work. I have to manually go into the volume settings via the Control Panel to adjust every time. I think this likely happened after an MS Windows 10 update as...
  8. System tray has no icons for volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray has no icons for volume: Turn on system icons are gray on. I need the icons in the system tray of the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-has-no-icons-for-volume/8e175dbf-d1f4-40c7-9562-3f3e0dff11a2
  9. right click on volume icon on task bar not working right

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click on volume icon on task bar not working right: Hi - last few days, when i right click on volume, only the volume mixer is working, playback devices, sound, recording devices all don't work..when i tried to access device manager, getting message - Unable to create new document!! what is going on?? thanks for the help...
  10. Taskbar right-click menu and system tray icons delay

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar right-click menu and system tray icons delay: Hello, recently my system has developed a weird issue. Right-clicking on the taskbar on any open applications that I have stops working quite often (the black task menu to minimize/close etc doesn't appear), meaning: after logging in it's all good, then after a while it...