Windows 10: Right club File explorer stopped working

Discus and support Right club File explorer stopped working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I thought Microsoft took this feature away, but it still works on my other laptop. Both machines are on latest insider release of Win10 Pro 64bit.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobFromDetroit, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Right club File explorer stopped working

I thought Microsoft took this feature away, but it still works on my other laptop.

Both machines are on latest insider release of Win10 Pro 64bit.

I have file explorer pinned to my taskbar.

The expected result from right clicking that shortcut is it gives you a list of options on what a new file explorer window should open. For example: right click file explorer icon->select Downloads-> it opens a new file explorer window of my Downloads folder.

On one of my laptops, that stopped working! Right clicking it does nothing. Obviously, my right mouse button still works. But it just doesn't do that anymore. On my other laptop, it still works perfect. Both are exact same Windows versions.

It's driving me crazy. To my knowledge, I haven't changed any settings.

Shift-Control-Left click still opens a new file explorer window.

:)

RobFromDetroit, Mar 2, 2019

2. File Explorer stopped working,

this does not work and i can not open Command Prompt (Admin)

aurelio arellano, Mar 2, 2019
  3. File Explorer stopped working,

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the file explorer stops responding. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise when some of the Windows components or applications gets corrupted. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under process tab, locate Windows Explorer.
    • Right Click Windows Explorer and select End Task.
    • Now select on File tab and click Run Task.
    • Type explorer.exe and press ok.
    • Check if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    perform SFC scan and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

System File Checker (SFC) is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

• Press the Windows button + X on your keyboard, a mini dialogue box will appear.

2. Choose Command Prompt (Admin). You must run the command prompt in Administrator level.

3. On the command prompt type sfc /scannow and hit enter.

4. If everything went okay and no errors were found, restart your computer and see if the issue re-occurs.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Right club File explorer stopped working

Xbox clubs don't work

Hi,

Synchronization failure of the account's settings to the Xbox Live server is a possible factor why you're encountering this issue. For us to determine the root cause, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you referring to joining clubs on the Xbox app or Xbox One?
    • Is this the first time you're trying to join clubs?
    • Do you have an access to the parent account?
    • Have you made any changes to the device and the Xbox account before encountering this issue?
    If you have an Xbox One console, we suggest that you visit this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to change the privacy settings for clubs. The steps on that page will synchronize the changes you've made across all devices as long as you're using the same Microsoft account.

Refer to this
    link
    for more information regarding Xbox One online safety and privacy settings for parents and children.

Catherine Cus., Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Right club File explorer stopped working

1. Right club File explorer stopped working - Similar Threads - Right club File

2. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click not working in file explorer: hello,I am encountering with an issue in file explorer windows 10. I wanted to print some documents and when i right clicked in the folder. It just hanged, like when the cursor shows a blue round moving animation only. That happened and the file explorer froze. I cant even...
  3. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click not working in file explorer: hello,I am encountering with an issue in file explorer windows 10. I wanted to print some documents and when i right clicked in the folder. It just hanged, like when the cursor shows a blue round moving animation only. That happened and the file explorer froze. I cant even...
  4. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PROBLEM: Right Click And File Explorer Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PROBLEM: Right Click And File Explorer Not Working: Ok, Let's Go Straight To The Point: Everytime I Press Right Click In The Desktop, I'm Greeted With An Spinning Circle, If I Do Nothing It Just Stay There, Spinning, If I Do Something It Blacks Out And Appears Again, And About File Explorer, If I Open Any Folder It Just Gives...
  6. File Explorer is not working right.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer is not working right.: With this last windows update: Windows 10 Home 20H2 OS build 19042.685 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 My Windows File Explorer is not working right. If I save a image it takes so long for it to take place now where as before the update it was instant....
  7. File Explorer not working right...

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer not working right...: I've been doing a lot of picture editing and what I don't need I send to the Recycle Bin, when done I empty it. I've noticed the bin doesn't automatically refresh to show that it is empty like in earlier versions of windows i.e. "3.11, 98, XP, and 7", but will if I manually...
  8. File Explorer not working right...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer not working right...: I've been doing a lot of picture editing and what I don't need I send to the Recycle Bin, when done I empty it. I've noticed the bin doesn't automatically refresh to show that it is empty like in earlier versions of windows i.e. "3.11, 98, XP, and 7", but will if I manually...
  9. File Explorer stopped working.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer stopped working.: Hi, I upgraded to W10 on the 31st July and all well apart from intermittent stoppages in File Explorer. There have been 4 stoppages over this period and an identical one at boot up this morning. It is reported in Reliability Monitor although I have neither seen or...
  10. Right Mouse Function/ File Explorer "working on it"

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Mouse Function/ File Explorer "working on it": Hi, I upgraded to 10 from 7 as a download and I am occasionally losing right mouse function (start menu, task bar) and file explorer will not open ("working on it"). Restart fixes it for a while and sometimes it will work for hours and sometimes just minutes. I tried...