Windows 10: Right hand click on applications pinned to task bar

Discus and support Right hand click on applications pinned to task bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi With the help of a community member I have just solved a problem that had brought my laptop to the state of unusable and close to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mexicanpete, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Right hand click on applications pinned to task bar

Hi

With the help of a community member I have just solved a problem that had brought my laptop to the state of unusable and close to the re-installation of Win 10 - see entry "file permissions" for details.

One consequence of this problem and the execution of the solution is that the options for the applications that are pinned to the task bar can no longer be displayed by means of a right click.

If anybody knows how to reset this feature I'd be very grateful to know.

:)

Mexicanpete, Feb 9, 2020
  2. sixt5cuda Win User

Windows 10 lost my pinned OneDrive file links on the task bar

First, my files are not missing, I simply cannot access them the same way I did with Windows 8 and 8.1

Correct behavior from Windows 8.1:

1) Open Windows Explorer

2) Find and open Notepad file "Notes.txt" located in a OneDrive folder

3) Notepad is pinned to the task bar

4) Right-click on Notepad icon in task bar

5) List of recent files appears, including files recently opened on OneDrive

6) Right-click on "Notes.txt", left-click on Pin To This List

7) "Notes.txt" is now quickly accessible from the list of files in the Notepad list on the task bar

Under Windows 10, step 5 is broken. Files located on OneDrive never appear in the list of recent items for a pinned application on the task bar. This behavior is duplicated on the Start Menu Jump List.

Under Windows 8.1, I had many pinned documents connected to applications on my task bar. As soon as Windows 10 booted the first time, these links disappeared. Links to documents on the desktop or in my local Documents folder, remained linked to task bar
    applications.

Has anyone else seen this behavior, or is it just my computer?

sixt5cuda, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Mikky_888 Win User
    how to successfully pin files to the task bar

I use to be able to drag and drop files onto the task bar and they would reside withing the file list for that program. Since the recent upgrade it appears that I am not able to pin a file to the program on the task bar. Suggestions?

Mikky_888, Feb 9, 2020
  4. kreed66 Win User

Right hand click on applications pinned to task bar

windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Right hand click on applications pinned to task bar

1. Right hand click on applications pinned to task bar - Similar Threads - Right hand click

2. Application and task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application and task bar: At first i found apps i didnt install after i switched on my PC and i restarted it after restarting my task bar was not showing anything, the time,start button and application and some of the appliacation i have i do not have access to them anymore like the setting, mircosoft...
  3. Application and task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application and task bar: At first i found apps i didnt install after i switched on my PC and i restarted it after restarting my task bar was not showing anything, the time,start button and application and some of the appliacation i have i do not have access to them anymore like the setting, mircosoft...
  4. Application and task bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't right click in task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't right click in task bar: To start, I have:Windows 10 ProVersion: 20H2Build: 19042.1165Issue: I can't right click any icon in the task bar. Additionally, when I hover over an icon in the task bar the active windows show, but then they won't go away, even after I click on one of them to bring that...
  6. Task bar right click pop up issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Task bar right click pop up issues: When i right click on my file explorer icon in the task bar it pops up but when i move the mouse to make a choice it disappears. Do i need to change a setting somewhere ?.....Len ... I am using the newest Windows 10 158680
  7. right click on volume icon on task bar not working right

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click on volume icon on task bar not working right: Hi - last few days, when i right click on volume, only the volume mixer is working, playback devices, sound, recording devices all don't work..when i tried to access device manager, getting message - Unable to create new document!! what is going on?? thanks for the help...
  8. Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar): when I right-click on file explorer to try to open frequent or pinned folder, left-click or right-click on folder name are resulting in nothing happen but I can still pin or unpin folder normally....
  9. Missing Right Click Menu Test in Task Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Right Click Menu Test in Task Bar: After a while text can start to not appear in right click menus from the task bar. It seems similar to the other graphic bugs like missing icons from the start menu. [img] 22257
  10. lost right click copy option for pinned files on the task bar

in Windows 10 Support
    lost right click copy option for pinned files on the task bar: It worked at first, but changed after a few days. Looks like the whole menu changed Thanks Gary 52067