Windows 10: Right Mouse button auto-clicking since a few days ago.

Discus and support Right Mouse button auto-clicking since a few days ago. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read this thread. I've recently ran into a problem when using my PC: My right mouse button would randomly go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shironeki, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Shironeki Win User

Right Mouse button auto-clicking since a few days ago.

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read this thread.

I've recently ran into a problem when using my PC: My right mouse button would randomly go off on it own. Sometimes it's very frequent, sometimes it take between 5 to 10 minutes between each right click. Totally random. The pointer itself doesn't move, nor does the left button acting on its own. Just the right mouse button.

I don't remember installing any update/programs/probably anything prior to this problem. It just shows up out of nowhere about 3 days ago and I'm at quite a bind because it seems like no one on the internet know the exact answer to this problems or there's just too many things that can go wrong and that I haven't digged deep enough

Things I've tried:

- Changing the USB hub to another one/switching between the mouse and the keyboard.

- Updating mouse driver.

- Uninstalling mouse driver, then reconnecting it to a USB hub.

- Checking for ClickLock.

- Performing a full scan with Windows Defender.

- Disabling Remote control

- Uninstalling any program that looks like it could allow for Remote control.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because this is making me lose my mind gradually everytime I turn on my PC. Even writing this question was a drag in and of itself because I keep getting interrupted by random right mouse click...

Edit: I've just tested a bit more by switching the primary button to RMB. The problem is still persisting, but I'm noticing that it's not so much as "clicking" but actually it's "dragging" most of the time. Like when you're holding down onto the button.

:)

Shironeki, Jun 29, 2020

2. Mouse right click is intermittent; what should I check?

Hi everyone,

I've been having a problem with my Razer Copperhead mouse. Holding down the right mouse button no longer sends a constant hold-click to my PC; instead it repeats an endless cycle of click and release, like the "turbo" buttons on old console controllers. Still, the mouse makes only one audible click, initially, when holding down the button. This problem manifests itself in shooter games (where holding right click usually looks down the scope) as the gun constantly zooming in and out. This only occurs with the right mouse button, not the left. I'm right handed, so it's weird that the left mouse button gets more wear than the right but it still works fine.

I initially thought this was an issue with the mouse being dirty, so I disassembled the mouse and cleaned everything inside and out, and this didn't fix the issue. I would like suggestions on how I can fix the mouse or if replacing it is the only option.

Thanks in advance.

The Von Matrices, Jun 29, 2020
  3. stor Win User
    mouse freezes and then right click wont respond

Hi guys. 4 days ago my mouse in my dell precision windows 10 laptop started freezing. The right click would not respond at clicking. i did alt+ctrl+shift renewed the windows explorer and then the left click function of the mouse would be reed but I had no right click.
    I called dell and they came and changed the entire mouse pad but still no success.
    I downloaded the shellexview as was proposed in another thread and followed the steps to disable the pink ones, still no result.
    Today I did format in the laptop and reinstalled windows 10. a few hours later the problem was back. After the format I installed again shellexview and repeated the steps. still no result
    I am running out of options. Please any help would be greatly appreciated

4. Jim_Green Win User

Right mouse click in laptop not working but USB mouse is ok.

I updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 about 3 weeks ago. The laptop mouse and an external cordless USB mouse have worked fine until a few days ago. Now the right click on the laptop mouse is not responding: no context menus on file explorer
    or other programmes - no right-click reaction in my third party picture editor where left and right clicks should paint different colours.

Yet the external mouse works just fine.

I've checked for driver updates and got the message that the mouse driver is up to date. I've run the "Control Panel>Fix Problems" and "Control Panel>Run Maintenance Tasks" without any problems being found.

Interestingly: I tried Control Panel to switch primary and secondary mouse buttons. This worked as intended for the external mouse, but had no effect on the laptop mouse - i.e. the left button was still the primary ("Select") button, and right button still
    did nothing.

Suggestions???

Jim_Green, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Right Mouse button auto-clicking since a few days ago. - Similar Threads - Right Mouse button

2. VPN won't connect since a few days ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN won't connect since a few days ago: So for the last few days I have tried everything to fix this, but I found no fix to the issue of the VPN not working. I tried the provider even but it does work with older versions of Windows 11 64-bit. Does anyone know why it doesn't work suddenly?Information:Windows 11...
  3. VPN won't connect since a few days ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN won't connect since a few days ago: So for the last few days I have tried everything to fix this, but I found no fix to the issue of the VPN not working. I tried the provider even but it does work with older versions of Windows 11 64-bit. Does anyone know why it doesn't work suddenly?Information:Windows 11...
  4. Windows Update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update a few days ago: Hello one and all, A few days ago, I had a WINDOWS Update for a WINDOWS 10 PC. Since then, I have been experiencing problem after problem with my apps. They are not working or audio not heard. I went to the virtual chat yesterday evening, and was told they were connecting...
  5. Last windows update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Last windows update a few days ago: Since the windows 10 update a few days ago, a lot of my Microsoft products do not seem to be working properly. It seems odd to me that they release these updates before they see how they react with programs etc that they manage. Like Microsoft Solitaire. It keeps turning...
  6. Blue Screen of Death starting since a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen of Death starting since a few days ago.: so i am a Windows Insider i had 1903 for ages and didnt know about its BSOD issues till recently. Now every 30 mins my computer is going to blue / green wcreen of death. I first tried reverting to normal windows 10 with no sucess. Reseated my memory and cables inside the...
  7. Windows 10 updated a few days ago and ever since then Chrome crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 updated a few days ago and ever since then Chrome crashes.: My computer did an automatic Windows 10 update a few days ago and ever since then Netflix and Chrome crash. How do I fix these problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updated-a-few-days-ago-and-ever-since/0d1d6b6d-227b-4903-a216-251330b371f3
  8. Mouse Right Click Button Still Not Working

in Browsers and Email
    Mouse Right Click Button Still Not Working: Hi, Hopefully sometime in the near future the developer's of edge browser will give us more option's when using a mouse, such as back. David *Sad 55834
  9. I cannot safely eject usb drives since a few days ago

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot safely eject usb drives since a few days ago: Hello. Does anybody know if something has changed for w10 [16299.125]? Since a few days ago I cannot safely eject some usb pendrives because the OS says "something is using it", even though everything is closed. Could it be Windows Defender? How can I circumvent this?...
  10. Mouse Right Button Click Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Right Button Click Problem: Hi there, In the last couple of weeks I have a problem with my mouse right button (doesn't matter which mouse I use - Pad, USB, etc). When clicking on certain files, such as images, pdf, text files or ms-office files, instead of firing the menu, windows explorer resets...