Windows 10: right mouse button having no effect in win 10 on lenovo laptop

Discus and support right mouse button having no effect in win 10 on lenovo laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Not used machine much and realised that right mouse button having no effect in app I installed. Now realised it does nothing. Have ran device and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by malc1304, Oct 13, 2018.

1. malc1304 Win User

right mouse button having no effect in win 10 on lenovo laptop

Not used machine much and realised that right mouse button having no effect in app I installed. Now realised it does nothing. Have ran device and hardware check, ran update. Still doesn't work.

:)

malc1304, Oct 13, 2018

2. right mouse button

Hi Rob,

In order for us to better assist you with your issue on right mouse button, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates or changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Have you tried to update your Windows 10 to its latest version?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Jim_Green Win User
    Right mouse click in laptop not working but USB mouse is ok.

I updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 about 3 weeks ago. The laptop mouse and an external cordless USB mouse have worked fine until a few days ago. Now the right click on the laptop mouse is not responding: no context menus on file explorer
    or other programmes - no right-click reaction in my third party picture editor where left and right clicks should paint different colours.

Yet the external mouse works just fine.

I've checked for driver updates and got the message that the mouse driver is up to date. I've run the "Control Panel>Fix Problems" and "Control Panel>Run Maintenance Tasks" without any problems being found.

Interestingly: I tried Control Panel to switch primary and secondary mouse buttons. This worked as intended for the external mouse, but had no effect on the laptop mouse - i.e. the left button was still the primary ("Select") button, and right button still
    did nothing.

Suggestions???

Jim_Green, Oct 13, 2018
  4. ICIT2LOL Win User

Lenovo Y510P (Unsupported for Win 10) Camera Driver Needed

Hello and welcome ksuthayya have had a look for a driver for your machine but there are only drivers listed up to 8.1 not 10.
    Camera Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - IdeaPad Y410p, Y510p - Lenovo Support (US)

Another Google found that there was no camera driver support for 10. for a similar Lenovo Lenovo Y510P (Unsupported for Win 10) Camera Drive... - Lenovo Community

Having said that my old Toshiba was in the same position and yet when I installed 10 Windows updates found drivers for stuff not listed on the Toshiba site.

Now a suggestion would be to get a clip on camera and install it via USB or like wise because it would have it owns driver. If my memory serves me right they are not that expensive - but still annoying eh?.

ICIT2LOL, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

1. right mouse button having no effect in win 10 on lenovo laptop - Similar Threads - right mouse button

2. Left mouse button not working right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left mouse button not working right: First I thought hardware issueWhen I click the left mouse button it doesn't work. I press it 5-10 times then it may respond once. In the mouse settings if I switch from right to left buttons then the right works fine however when I restart my system it switches back to left....
  3. Left mouse button not working right

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left mouse button not working right: First I thought hardware issueWhen I click the left mouse button it doesn't work. I press it 5-10 times then it may respond once. In the mouse settings if I switch from right to left buttons then the right works fine however when I restart my system it switches back to left....
  4. Left mouse button not working right

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Disable Right Mouse Button:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Right Mouse Button:: My hand shakes and is always hitting the right mouse button. I have seen in earlier posts I can edit the registry, but that was 10 years ago. Before I mess with the registry I want to know if it has changed in the past ten years.Follow these steps to disable mouse right click...
  6. Disable Right Mouse Button:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Right Mouse Button:: My hand shakes and is always hitting the right mouse button. I have seen in earlier posts I can edit the registry, but that was 10 years ago. Before I mess with the registry I want to know if it has changed in the past ten years.Follow these steps to disable mouse right click...
  7. mouse right button not working

mouse right button not working: mouse right button not working please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-right-button-not-working/be5ad139-ab02-485a-82b2-b3ff783cc639
  8. Right Mouse BUtton

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Mouse BUtton: I have Windows 10 Home Edition , Recently I'm facing a problem in which when ever I click right mouse button on main screen(Desktop)curson keeps showing the running process but nothing appears ,I have tried full reset , but still problem persist. Please Help me find a...
  9. Win 10 refresh, asks to choose keyboard, keyboard and mouse have no effect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 refresh, asks to choose keyboard, keyboard and mouse have no effect: Trying to Refresh windows 10. It restarts and asks me to choose a keyboard layout. But my keyboard and mouse have no effect. So I can't choose a keyboard layout. Tried with wireless and wired keyboard and mouse. Neither works. Turned Power off and on, rebooted OK but...
  10. Mouse Right Button Click Problem

Mouse Right Button Click Problem: Hi there, In the last couple of weeks I have a problem with my mouse right button (doesn't matter which mouse I use - Pad, USB, etc). When clicking on certain files, such as images, pdf, text files or ms-office files, instead of firing the menu, windows explorer resets...