Windows 10: Right Shift key isn't working properly.

Discus and support Right Shift key isn't working properly. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got a new keyboard and right away I've noticed that the Right Shift key isn't working properly. While trying to capitalize the letter T it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lithwhack, Aug 24, 2019.

1. lithwhack Win User

Right Shift key isn't working properly.

I got a new keyboard and right away I've noticed that the Right Shift key isn't working properly. While trying to capitalize the letter T it doesn't work, some letters work fine other sometimes type out a different letter, mostly F or S. This problem occurs only while holding down the Right Shift key, I've tried it with the Left one and everything works fine. I don't know if there's a problem with the keyboard or if it's a software problem because of the new keyboard. This is really annoying because I'm really used to using the Right Shift than the Left one.

:)

lithwhack, Aug 24, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 24, 2019
  3. KatJB Win User
    shift keys not working

I upgraded to windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop and then did the windows update and when I tried to do anything with the shift key neither one works. I read all the suggestions I could find in here and tried most of them with no luck. I ran the hardware
    and device troubleshooter, I went to the keyboard on control panel and it says it's working properly. I tried shift/control/alt keys all together. I downloaded and scanned with anti malware and I did the fn and del keys with no results. I would like an easy
    fix for this as I believe it is a windows 10 and or update for windows 10 issue. I am not real savvy on the computer so I need step by step instructions, please and thank you.

KatJB, Aug 24, 2019
  4. RkKing Win User

Shift Keys + Arrow key are not working properly

In my PC Left shift key+ Any Arrow key is not working. Which is used to select text. However, Right shift+left arrow is working. This all was working properly just before a few days. I am using
    windows 10. I have not enabled sticky keys or anything else other than normal settings. Please help.

RkKing, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Right Shift key isn't working properly. - Similar Threads - Right Shift key

2. right side shift key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right side shift key not working: Hello there!I suddenly experience the problem that my right side shift key is not working anymore. It is not a hardware issue and I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers as well as the sfc scan or the simple "windows troubleshooting".On the on-screen keyboard...
  3. right side shift key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right side shift key not working: Hello there!I suddenly experience the problem that my right side shift key is not working anymore. It is not a hardware issue and I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers as well as the sfc scan or the simple "windows troubleshooting".On the on-screen keyboard...
  4. right side shift key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Left shift key not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left shift key not working properly: I run Windows 11 dual booted with Ubuntu 20.04. Recently after switching back to windows I noticed that the left shift key only capitalizes a couple letters then stopped. It works fine in safe mode and I haven’t installed anything other than an update for Windows lately. Any...
  6. Left shift key not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left shift key not working properly: I run Windows 11 dual booted with Ubuntu 20.04. Recently after switching back to windows I noticed that the left shift key only capitalizes a couple letters then stopped. It works fine in safe mode and I haven’t installed anything other than an update for Windows lately. Any...
  7. Shift key isn't working with certain keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shift key isn't working with certain keys: Today when i turned on my laptop and went to write an essay, i noticed that certain keys don't work with the shift key. i don't have sticky keys on, but when i do turn that on these keys work just fine. The keys that the shift key doesn't work on includes c, e, i, m, o, p, q,...
  8. Right arrow key not working properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Right arrow key not working properly: Hello fellow members, My laptop's right arrow key has not been functioning properly. Most of times the key is in "pressed" state continuously, and when I actually do press it no action happens. The "pressed" state turns to "unpressed" for 10 secs on physical key press....
  9. Shift (at) key isn't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shift (at) key isn't working: I just opened up my brand new HP laptop and when I press shift (at) I get " instead of the (at) symbol. When I press shift quotation I get @ so they have swapped around somehow....
  10. Right arrow key isn't working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right arrow key isn't working: My laptop's right arrow key isn't working. It is not a hard wire problem because every time I use right arrow key from external keyboard, it doesn't work also. Somebody please help me. Thanks in advance....