Windows 10: Right shift key not working if used with two other keys

Discus and support Right shift key not working if used with two other keys in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just recently my right shift key stopped working. I did some windows updates and it stopped working for example when creating a new folder, or trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sadpandaisdepressed, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Right shift key not working if used with two other keys

Just recently my right shift key stopped working. I did some windows updates and it stopped working for example when creating a new folder, or trying to open the recently closed tab in chrome.
    It works when its used with one other key

submitted by /u/sadpandaisdepressed
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sadpandaisdepressed, Aug 27, 2020
  2. LTUGamer Win User

Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Aug 27, 2020
  3. m3110w Win User
    HP Pavilion 15-ab030tx . Shift-quote key combo not working (Windows 10

Thanks for your reply.

I am pressing them together, even though it doesn't appear on the Kybd Event Viewer screenshot. Both shift keys are working normally with other keys. But for some reason neither shift key works with the single-quote key.

I did try Sticky Keys and it works! The double quote character appears when I use it. However, it works for ALL keys, which isn't good for me; I'd have to totally change my typing patterns. I only want it to work with the single-quote key, and I don't think that's possible. The ShortKeys solution works well.

Thanks for all your suggestions. Cheers,

m3110w, Aug 27, 2020
  4. KatJB Win User

Right shift key not working if used with two other keys

shift keys not working

I upgraded to windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop and then did the windows update and when I tried to do anything with the shift key neither one works. I read all the suggestions I could find in here and tried most of them with no luck. I ran the hardware
    and device troubleshooter, I went to the keyboard on control panel and it says it's working properly. I tried shift/control/alt keys all together. I downloaded and scanned with anti malware and I did the fn and del keys with no results. I would like an easy
    fix for this as I believe it is a windows 10 and or update for windows 10 issue. I am not real savvy on the computer so I need step by step instructions, please and thank you.

KatJB, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Right shift key not working if used with two other keys

1. Right shift key not working if used with two other keys - Similar Threads - Right shift key

2. right side shift key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right side shift key not working: Hello there!I suddenly experience the problem that my right side shift key is not working anymore. It is not a hardware issue and I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers as well as the sfc scan or the simple "windows troubleshooting".On the on-screen keyboard...
  3. right side shift key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right side shift key not working: Hello there!I suddenly experience the problem that my right side shift key is not working anymore. It is not a hardware issue and I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers as well as the sfc scan or the simple "windows troubleshooting".On the on-screen keyboard...
  4. right side shift key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Shift key and other keys not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key and other keys not working.: Hello,I have been having an issue with my laptop An HP Envy x360 convertible where the shift key, the E key, and a couple other keys haven't been working. The shift key inserts the letter C when I press it. The E key if i have a video playing pauses the video, the other...
  6. Shift key and other keys not working.

Shift key and other keys not working.: Hello,I have been having an issue with my laptop An HP Envy x360 convertible where the shift key, the E key, and a couple other keys haven't been working. The shift key inserts the letter C when I press it. The E key if i have a video playing pauses the video, the other...
  7. Shift key and other keys not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. The two shift keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The two shift keys not working: I Was cleaning my elitebook 840 G5 keyboard.So I find out later that my two shift keys are not working. Else the left shift key only toggle the FN light on and off. Please help...
  9. The two shift keys not working

The two shift keys not working: I Was cleaning my elitebook 840 G5 keyboard.So I find out later that my two shift keys are not working. Else the left shift key only toggle the FN light on and off. Please help...
  10. Shift and enter key not working, other keys are working fine

Shift and enter key not working, other keys are working fine: For those who have this problem, that is SHIFT and ENTER keys are not working , and if its not hardware issue, try thisPress and hold SHIFT and ENTER key and press TABMake sure you open word or WordPad to test it out if it worked I play games and suddenly I had this problem...