Windows 10: Right side of Task Bar unresponsive

Discus and support Right side of Task Bar unresponsive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I try to click Action Center, Time & Calendar, Volume Mixer or Network Settings nothing happens. My System Tray, Start Button & All Program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hootla, Jul 2, 2020.

1. /u/Hootla Win User

Right side of Task Bar unresponsive

Whenever I try to click Action Center, Time & Calendar, Volume Mixer or Network Settings nothing happens.

My System Tray, Start Button & All Program shortcuts are responsive.

Can anyone help?

submitted by /u/Hootla
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hootla, Jul 2, 2020

2. putting the task bar on right side

could you please tell me how to put icons on the right side task bar. It just went away and now I cannot click on explorer internet to get on internet PLEASE HELP Right side of Task Bar unresponsive :)

terry'trouble, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Ken Blake Win User
    task bar on right side, not bottom of screen

Although by default the task bar appears on the bottom of the screen, it can be on any of the sides you prefer it on. To move it from any side to another, simply click on an unused part of it and drag it where you want it. Be sure to click *within*
    it, not on the edge; clicking on the edge and dragging will resize it, not move it.

If it won't move, it may be locked. In that case, right click on it and uncheck "Lock the taskbar," then try again.

By the way, with today's wide-screen monitors, I prefer the task bar on the left or right side of the screen. I think that makes a better use of screen real estate than having it at the bottom.

Ken Blake, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Right side of Task Bar unresponsive

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Right side of Task Bar unresponsive

1. Right side of Task Bar unresponsive - Similar Threads - Right side Task

2. The notification count on the right side of the task bar in Windows 11 is showing a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The notification count on the right side of the task bar in Windows 11 is showing a...: The notification count on the right side of the task bar in Windows 11 is showing a rectangle instead of the usual icon.I had this issue before with other icons and was able to fix it by replacing the Segoe fonts in the C:/Windows/fonts folder.But after installing Windows 11...
  3. The notification count on the right side of the task bar in Windows 11 is showing a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The notification count on the right side of the task bar in Windows 11 is showing a...: The notification count on the right side of the task bar in Windows 11 is showing a rectangle instead of the usual icon.I had this issue before with other icons and was able to fix it by replacing the Segoe fonts in the C:/Windows/fonts folder.But after installing Windows 11...
  4. Unresponsive Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unresponsive Task Bar: I have spent hours trying to fix this issue. I have reinstalled mouse / keyboard drivers / chipset etc..... somehow after a while the task bar become unresponsive to mouse clicks. If I plug in a usb hub which works perfectly on an other PC the taks bar becomes unresponive...
  5. Unresponsive Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unresponsive Task Bar: I have spent hours trying to fix this issue. I have reinstalled mouse / keyboard drivers / chipset etc..... somehow after a while the task bar become unresponsive to mouse clicks. If I plug in a usb hub which works perfectly on an other PC the taks bar becomes unresponive...
  6. Right side of task bar disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right side of task bar disappearing: The right side of the task bar System Tray/Notification Area has begun to disappear. Have tried rebooting and no change. It appeared intermittently for a couple minutes then just disappeared. Screen shots attached, visible, then gone. Applications open, or closed make no...
  7. Reversing the Side Task Bar

Reversing the Side Task Bar: I recently started using the side task bar rather than the bottom one. I was wondering if it was possible to flip the task bar so the the Windows Start was still in the Bottom Left of the screen. It seems like a better spot for it rather than in the top corner....
  8. Right Side Task bar shortcuts to be keep in Down

Right Side Task bar shortcuts to be keep in Down: Is there any way to show my windows logo & shortcuts in down ? and date and time in the down show in the top.?? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-side-task-bar-shortcuts-to-be-keep-in-down/d749a4be-d01a-474b-9532-44be19d43375
  9. task bar on right side, not bottom of screen

task bar on right side, not bottom of screen: OK, recent "upgrades" moved the task bar to the side. Tried to get used to it, but requires more clicks, is a hassle for me. Called MS support, agent came onto my computer, put task bar back to bottom. Tried to follow what he did, could not duplicate. I said, will it stay...
  10. Task bar unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar unresponsive: Running windows 10 on my lap top. This morning it worked fine and now I cannot activate the start button, internet, type in search or view notifications. Ran virus software and cleaners to no avail. At a loss, usually pretty good with this stuff....