Windows 10: Right side of the earphone/headphone not working exclusively on my laptop

Discus and support Right side of the earphone/headphone not working exclusively on my laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i have a lenovo laptop and everything was fine. then one day i left my laptop to go get water and i tripped on the plugged in earphone cable. i didnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by P.V-1208, Jun 20, 2021.

1. P.V-1208 Win User

Right side of the earphone/headphone not working exclusively on my laptop

i have a lenovo laptop and everything was fine. then one day i left my laptop to go get water and i tripped on the plugged in earphone cable. i didnt think much of it, got my water and came back. but my right earbud stopped working. i was using earphones which means i could change what earbud was in my ear to test this and sure enough, the right one wasnt working. i used the same earphones on different devices and everything was proper. i tried different, working headphones on the laptop and the right side didnt work. i have no clue what to do. i think i may have damaged the port when i trippe

:)

P.V-1208, Jun 20, 2021
  2. WH Siew Win User

Earphones don't work on Acer Aspire E 14

I recently updated my Acer Aspire E 14 Windows 10 and my earphones aren't working.

My earphones work on my iphone perfectly but not on here. Sound can still be played on my laptop but not when my headphone was connected to it

I've tried:

Method 1: Run the Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices.

Hardware troubleshooter reviews, diagnose and identifies operational or technical problems within a hardware device.

1. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.
    2. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.
    3. Click on Hardware and Devices.
    4. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter. ---->
      Problem persists

Method 2: Follow the below steps to set your headphone as default.

1. Right-click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    2. Select "Playback Devices".
    3. On a empty space, right click and select both Show Disconnected/Disabled Devices
    4. Check if your headphone is shown in the devices list ------>
      Headphone didn't shown up.

Could you pls assist?

WH Siew, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Snakefist Win User
    Earphone mic not being detected

Maybe as a work around you could use a Y spliter. Where you plug in your headphones into it and the other ends will go in your mic and earphone ports on your pc/laptop. Yes i understand they are combo ports but i'm just suggesting this as a workaround till you can find drivers that makes the combo port work correctly.
    Here is the cable i was talking about. You don't have to use it but just a suggestion as a workaround and as a last resort.
    Amazon.com

Snakefist, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Right side of the earphone/headphone not working exclusively on my laptop

Headphones/Earphones aren't detected

My laptop can't seem to detect earphones/headphones, and I'm using the Windows 10 on a Asus X4414. I've tried to plug and unplug, restart the laptop, update the audio drivers, look for the headphones in the 'disabled devices' area in the Playback of the
    Sound System, tried the Troubleshooting, even disabling and enabling the audio drivers, but all to no avail. Sometimes audio would come out of both speakers and headphones (but it's still not in the audio system's playback list), and most times audio doesn't
    come out of the headphones/earphones at all and just have the speakers blare out audio, even though my laptop seems to 'detect' it somewhat by saying that a device was plugged in, but it would never show up in the Sound System at all. However, at rare moments,
    it would suddenly work, but even when it does, the Sound System's Playback tab couldn't detect it, so it's not in the list at all. After unplugging the earphone when it does
    work, I tried to plug it back in to check just in case if it's alright now, but then the same problem would ensure, which would be no audio coming out of my headphones and have the internal speakers play the audio instead. My earphone works just fine in
    other devices, and is fairly important for college-related tasks, so this is quite troubling. If anybody's ever faced the same problem and found a solution, I'd be really grateful to hear about it.

Vallery D., Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

Right side of the earphone/headphone not working exclusively on my laptop

1. Right side of the earphone/headphone not working exclusively on my laptop - Similar Threads - Right side earphone

2. Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.: Ok, so, I've been looking all around the internet only to come up with losses, my headphones will not play on the left side.Ive tried:- Restarting my computer- uninstalling then reinstalling the driver for the audio by restart- changed the balance to accommodate both sides,...
  3. Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.: Ok, so, I've been looking all around the internet only to come up with losses, my headphones will not play on the left side.Ive tried:- Restarting my computer- uninstalling then reinstalling the driver for the audio by restart- changed the balance to accommodate both sides,...
  4. Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. One side of headphones/handsfree not working on laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One side of headphones/handsfree not working on laptop.: Sound was only coming out of one side of my handsfree and I thought it was an issue of handsfree but then when I plugged into mobile, both sides were working fine. Then, I tried plugging different headphones/handsfrees in the laptop and the sound was coming out of one side...
  6. One side of headphones/handsfree not working on laptop.

One side of headphones/handsfree not working on laptop.: Sound was only coming out of one side of my handsfree and I thought it was an issue of handsfree but then when I plugged into mobile, both sides were working fine. Then, I tried plugging different headphones/handsfrees in the laptop and the sound was coming out of one side...
  7. One side of headphones/handsfree not working on laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Only One side of Earphones is Working on my Windows 10 Laptop.

Only One side of Earphones is Working on my Windows 10 Laptop.: Hey, My Problem is that only one side of my Earphones is working in my Laptop. I have Checked the Earphones and Both the Sides are working Perfectly in other devices. I have Even checked the Audio Balancing and Both the Sides are Perfectly Balanced. Another issue is that...
  9. Show windows side by side not working right

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show windows side by side not working right: When I try to use the "Show windows side by side" option, more often than not, the windows will not tile correctly. Windows seems to think there are some invisible applications/programs running. see image. The only ways I have found to remedy this are: Reboot Sign out...
  10. Earphone only hear on the right side only.

Earphone only hear on the right side only.: my earphone cannot hear on the right side when I plug on the back audio jack it function properly, for the front audio jack only right side ear only function, can someone clear me up here please.......