Windows 10: Ring Sound in my microphone

Discus and support Ring Sound in my microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i am having problems with my mic, there is a ring sound coming from it and no audio is being outputted. My built in mic had the same problem but after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vosaci, Jul 29, 2020.

1. vosaci Win User

Ring Sound in my microphone

i am having problems with my mic, there is a ring sound coming from it and no audio is being outputted. My built in mic had the same problem but after i reinstalled the driver it it works, but some applications are bugged out. After looking into the problem i was told that this is a windows driver problem but i can find useful info from the web plz help.

:)

vosaci, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Ring Sound in my microphone

Microphone detected but no output of sound

Hey,

I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB.

Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my microphone is picking up sound, but I get no output to any application or Windows itself.

Any thoughts here or suggestions?

Masterchiefxx17, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Ring Sound in my microphone

1. Ring Sound in my microphone - Similar Threads - Ring Sound microphone

2. My headphones produce microphone sound, not the headphones sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headphones produce microphone sound, not the headphones sound: So, my PC plays microphone quality sound into my headphones, and when i want to switch to my normal headphone sound, it produces no sound at all....
  3. My headphones produce microphone sound, not the headphones sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My headphones produce microphone sound, not the headphones sound: So, my PC plays microphone quality sound into my headphones, and when i want to switch to my normal headphone sound, it produces no sound at all....
  4. No sound on my laptop microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on my laptop microphone: Good morning,When I want to talk to my friends on my laptop on any app, my laptop doesn't input any sound. I have tried troubleshooting, seeing if it was muted or not, plugging in headphone with a mic to see if it would work, going to put my input volume up in settings,...
  5. No sound on my laptop microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on my laptop microphone: Good morning,When I want to talk to my friends on my laptop on any app, my laptop doesn't input any sound. I have tried troubleshooting, seeing if it was muted or not, plugging in headphone with a mic to see if it would work, going to put my input volume up in settings,...
  6. My Microphone Has No Sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Microphone Has No Sound.: It's a USB microphone, which works fine when plugged in as a USB mic aka, into the motherboard -- buzzy, but functional, however when I use an adaptor USB to 3.5mm jack to be able to plug it into my Soundcard Creative Soundblaster Z se, there is no sound registering...
  7. Sound is coming to me and to my microphone

Sound is coming to me and to my microphone: I recently bought a splitter for my pc because it had two ports and I needed one for my headset I had but when i try to use the microphone it picks up what comes from the computer and my voice. I was wondering if there was a way for it to only pick up my voice because even...
  8. Change ring sound

Change ring sound: Hi, I've recently set up the Your Phone companion app on Windows 10 PC and have it setup with Bluetooth to connect to my android phone. It makes and receives calls fine without any issue but I was just wondering if anyone knows a way to change the ringtone on it for when I...
  9. Phone ringing sound

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Phone ringing sound: Hello, this morning when I logged onto my laptop a loud phone ringing sounded. It was about 5 minutes after the initial log-in, and rang 2 full rings, then one ring that was cut off as if it had been answered. This has never happened before, and I am perplexed as to what...
  10. Windows Fax - No Rings Sound

Windows Fax - No Rings Sound: In case you don't expect it, plenty of businesses and organizations still use faxes, and for many tasks with no alternative ways to submit documents. I used Venta Fax software for years to send and receive faxes on a Windows PC, and never had the issue of no sound. Recently...