Windows 10: Ringing, Modem Handshake Coming Through Speakers - No Phone Line Attached

Discus and support Ringing, Modem Handshake Coming Through Speakers - No Phone Line Attached in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Win10 Pro, Dell XPS15 (with external speaker bar) on rural DSL service. This is a random event but at least 10 times / day. When this happens, the OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NobodyForSure, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Ringing, Modem Handshake Coming Through Speakers - No Phone Line Attached

Win10 Pro, Dell XPS15 (with external speaker bar) on rural DSL service. This is a random event but at least 10 times / day. When this happens, the OS freezes (no cursor movement) until the "handshake" is completed within 10-15 seconds.

I'm unable to find any Fax or Win Phone setting that allows this to happen or HW adapter/driver issue. Not sure if this is an OS, Laptop or DSL problem.

Thoughts?

submitted by /u/NobodyForSure
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NobodyForSure, Dec 11, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

DOCSIS 3.0 modem with phone line?

I'm thinking about buying my own modem for a few reasons:

1. Upgrade to DOCSIS 3.0, the modem I have from them is 2.0
    2. Eliminate the monthly rental fee.

Time Warner has a official supported modem list on their site, but none of them have phone lines like my current modem does, and then there's this little tidbit: if you choose to purchase your own modem, you will need another device from them to use their phone service, as none of the modems on their list have phone lines (including the modem I am currently using, from them, that does have phone lines on it). It seems they are trying to get their monthly equipment fee regardless if you have their modem or your own.

Considering my modem isn't on their list and it has phone lines on it, and I don't have a second box from them for the phone, I'm thinking ANY modem should work, whether it's on their list or not.

So, I'm looking for a DOCSIS 3.0 modem that has phone lines on it, any recommendations? I don't mind if the modem is also a router, provided I have full control over it as I would with my current router.

3. Callender Win User
    Intermittent problems with TLS handshake and being timed out

Check DNS settings for both network adapters. Your Wifi might be set to use a different DNS server.

Getting message when trying to connect - Windows 10 Forums

Option Two follow steps then pick a DNS server from the list in item 7. Personally I use CloudFlare DNS

EDIT: Reset router first as already suggested.

Callender, Dec 11, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

Ringing, Modem Handshake Coming Through Speakers - No Phone Line Attached

DOCSIS 3.0 modem with phone line?

I recommend a Magic Jack and ditch TWC phone service....TWC phone isn't any better than Magic Jack but Magic Jack is Cheaper.....even if you get the stand alone version...
    and you can keep your current phone number...I'll be buying a modem of my own come August when my 1 year deal ends with free phone and DVR service...

jmcslob, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Ringing, Modem Handshake Coming Through Speakers - No Phone Line Attached

1. Ringing, Modem Handshake Coming Through Speakers - No Phone Line Attached - Similar Threads - Ringing Modem Handshake

2. Monitor turns green, static comes through speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turns green, static comes through speakers: Windows 10CPU: 7800X3DGPU: 7900XTXG.Skill DDR5- 6000 RAMALL BIOS AND UPDATES HAVE BEEN INSTALLED.This is a brand new system, with all new parts. There are no random drivers or system files that may be left over from a prior build.While playing games, browsing the internet, or...
  3. Volume Mixer: All Sound Coming Through the Speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Mixer: All Sound Coming Through the Speaker: Hello Microsoft community,I've been having some problem with my volume mixer lately.Normally I'm supposed to be able to mute individual applications by using my volume mixer. However none of my applications seem to registering? any sound and all the sound seems to be going...
  4. Volume Mixer: All Sound Coming Through the Speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume Mixer: All Sound Coming Through the Speaker: Hello Microsoft community,I've been having some problem with my volume mixer lately.Normally I'm supposed to be able to mute individual applications by using my volume mixer. However none of my applications seem to registering? any sound and all the sound seems to be going...
  5. Sound coming through my speaker is slowed down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound coming through my speaker is slowed down: I have connected my Sony SRS XB speaker to my PC via bluetooth. It has connected but the sound that comes through is slowed down, when I try to watch a video it also slows that down to the speed of the audio. Everything I have seen online to fix this issue say change the...
  6. Sound coming through both headphones and speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound coming through both headphones and speakers.: I just bought the Nitro 5 and found that when my headphones are plugged in, minecraft game audio comes through my main speakers while the spotify app and anything on google all play audio through my headphones. In the sound settings the app minecraft is specifically set to...
  7. Headphones plugged in, but game audio coming through speakers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones plugged in, but game audio coming through speakers.: I plug in headphones and I can listen to music or youtube through the headphones, but when I try and play a game, the audio plays through my laptop speakers. Is there any way to fix this and have everything playing in my headphones?...
  8. No sound through reg speakers inly through head phones

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound through reg speakers inly through head phones: I am unable to hear sound through my dell laptop. I have the latest windows and I've tried trouble shooting is there anyone who can help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-through-reg-speakers-inly-through-head/9bbba79b-d7d4-435f-b02e-1c8984ac1452
  9. Attachments do not come through Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Attachments do not come through Windows Mail: I am now using a new computer using Windows 10 Mail. The computer I just stopped using (5 years old) did receive and show all email attachments in Windows 10 Mail. How do I get the attachments?...
  10. No sound through headphones/speakers from Line-In

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound through headphones/speakers from Line-In: Hello, I have a VIA HD on board sound card, with a Behringer Xenyx 1202fx mixer. Main out with RCA cables with a 3.5mm y-adapter plugged into the line-in on the sound card. I have Samson C01 Studio condenser Mic connected to the mixer. Since upgrading to Windows 10, I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why do i hear a phone ring when nno phone connected windows 10