Windows 10: RIP Button In media play

Discus and support RIP Button In media play in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I dont have RIP button on media play only Organize,Stream, create play list . I want to copy CD to my LT.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeirdreElliott, Dec 8, 2018.

1. RIP Button In media play

I dont have RIP button on media play only Organize,Stream, create play list . I want to copy CD to my LT.

:)

DeirdreElliott, Dec 8, 2018

2. MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Media Player does not have a RIP button. I've tried all the previously posted solutions but none have worked.

Hi Tony,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

• Which version of Windows Media Player are you using?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to find the rip music option and check if it helps.

• Open the “Windows media player” and click on “organize” button.
    • Go to “options” and click on “rip music”.
    • If you want to rip the music “automatically”, please select the box “Rip CD automatically” and click on
      apply.
    • If you don’t need rip music automatically you can make the changes accordingly and check.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 8, 2018
  4. RIP Button In media play

something Wrong with window media player, it does not ripping no music

Hi Joseph,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to the Windows Media Playback?
    • What exactly happens when you try to rip music?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter, if not yet deployed.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of ripping the DVD for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

RIP Button In media play

1. RIP Button In media play - Similar Threads - RIP Button media

2. cannot find RIP button and Now PLaying Button to RIP CD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot find RIP button and Now PLaying Button to RIP CD: Cannot find Now Playing Button on Windows Media Player to activate RIP function when playing CD on remote CD drive connected to my computer HP Notebook 2021. The help info states RIP will function when Now Playing Button is on, but there is no such button on Media Player...
  3. cannot find RIP button and Now PLaying Button to RIP CD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot find RIP button and Now PLaying Button to RIP CD: Cannot find Now Playing Button on Windows Media Player to activate RIP function when playing CD on remote CD drive connected to my computer HP Notebook 2021. The help info states RIP will function when Now Playing Button is on, but there is no such button on Media Player...
  4. cannot find RIP button and Now PLaying Button to RIP CD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Media Play Buttons in Folder View

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Play Buttons in Folder View: If I open a folder of MP3 files there are no "play" buttons next to the media.I have to double click to open a program to play a file.Would seem so dumb not to have something as obvious as a play button for media files but I just cant find one?Not even the preview pane has...
  6. Windows Media Player eject cd when rip button is push DOES NOT RIP

Windows Media Player eject cd when rip button is push DOES NOT RIP: Windows Media Player eject cd when rip button is push DOES NOT RIP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-eject-cd-when-rip-button-is/d782aad9-50bb-4ac4-8ec6-89bdf503dd75
  7. media player will not rip

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media player will not rip: Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-will-not-rip/718d6d9c-66d4-47ea-86c6-767282466c49
  8. Windows Media Player has stopped playing or ripping CDs

Windows Media Player has stopped playing or ripping CDs: WMP was working fine until yesterday. After inserting CD, data (song titles, album cover) show up but songs will not play. A small x shows up in the right column by each song title I try to play. This also happens with CDs I had already successfully ripped to computer....
  9. Cannot find RIP button in Win10 media player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot find RIP button in Win10 media player: I cannot find RIP button when I insert CD-R80 into laptop. The audio file plays, but RIP button does not appear. Please note I want to make a copy of the audio file in my Windows Media Player. PS: I don't want to burn a new CD, which seems to be the topic that comes...
  10. Rip button not available

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rip button not available: I running Windows 10. When executing Windows Media Player, then inserting a CD, it begins playing the CD even though I have set the options to Ask me every time. What I want to do is rip the songs to my PC, but there is no Rip button displayed. Please help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows rip button