Windows 10: RIP error on one track of an albumn with Windows Media Player

Discus and support RIP error on one track of an albumn with Windows Media Player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I fix a RIP error with windows media player. Windows 10 but I do not know the version of media player... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JamesCasper, Jan 1, 2020.

1. RIP error on one track of an albumn with Windows Media Player

How do I fix a RIP error with windows media player. Windows 10 but I do not know the version of media player

:)

JamesCasper, Jan 1, 2020

2. Get "Media player cannot RIP one or more tracks from the CD" on WMP in Windows 10

Original title: Windows 10 Media Player

Although Media Player recognises the CD (Album, titles etc) when I try to RIP a track the error message "Media player cannot RIP one or more tracks from the CD" Any suggestions please.

Moved from Windows 7(Music, photos and video)

StuartCampbell153, Jan 1, 2020
  3. MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 1, 2020
  4. KRu123 Win User

RIP error on one track of an albumn with Windows Media Player

Windows media player unable to rip one or more tracks from the CD error.

I have the same problem as the user above, but none of the fixes recommended have helped.

Errors:

Attempting to rip music: "Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD"

Trying to change rip settings: "The settings for ripping music could not be applied"

When running windows media player troubleshooter: "Configuration settings might not be set correctly"

When running windows media player library troubleshooter: "Media library is corrupted"

Any help would be appreciated!

KRu123, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

RIP error on one track of an albumn with Windows Media Player

1. RIP error on one track of an albumn with Windows Media Player - Similar Threads - RIP error track

2. Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD.: Windows 10 Windows 8.1 Windows 7 Windows Media PlayerWindows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD.the cd was burned correctly but when i tried to play it back i got this message....
  3. Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD.: Windows 10 Windows 8.1 Windows 7 Windows Media PlayerWindows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD.the cd was burned correctly but when i tried to play it back i got this message....
  4. Rip function in Windows media player

Rip function in Windows media player: windows media player will not rip a cd. a box pops up that says one or more songs cannot be ripped. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rip-function-in-windows-media-player/298c78d8-3b87-41bb-998c-9e34f49c4706
  5. Is there a limit to the number of tracks on a CD that can be ripped by Windows Media Player...

Is there a limit to the number of tracks on a CD that can be ripped by Windows Media Player...: Is there a limit to the number of tracks on a CD that can be ripped by Windows Media Player v.12.0.19041.1052 on Win 10?I have a set of CDs containing a large number of tracks up to 88 tracks each that I want to rip. It appears that WMP only rips the first 50 of them. Am I...
  6. Windows Media Player ripping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player ripping: I'm ripping old personal audio CDs to store in my plugin external drive. First, I have to almost beg Windows Media Player to recognize there's a CD inserted. Secondly, at the end of a rip it says it cannot locate media information on the web for the CD OF COURSE NOT, IT'S...
  7. Media Player Ripping Issues

Media Player Ripping Issues: When I try to Rip a CD, the program closes after a couple seconds. All I get in the folder is the track numbers but otherwise it is empty. Why and what do I need to change??...
  8. Ripping cd's in Media Player

Ripping cd's in Media Player: I am trying to rip cd's to my laptop using Media Player and keep getting the message 'Media Player cannot rip one or more cd's'. What is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-cds-in-media-player/6b8143b8-eb5f-4154-b930-d4465e9a20d0
  9. CD RIP in Media Player

CD RIP in Media Player: RIP option does not come on in Windows Media Player when I load a CD. The songs are shown correctly in the listing but I am unable to rip to file. This has always worked OK before today....
  10. media player will not rip

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media player will not rip: Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-will-not-rip/718d6d9c-66d4-47ea-86c6-767282466c49