Windows 10: Ripping Audio disc tracks in a different format after having ripped them before.

Discus and support Ripping Audio disc tracks in a different format after having ripped them before. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've ripped a disc to one library on my computer using mp3 format. But, for a few of the discs, I wanted to re-rip them in FLAC format. When I replace... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MenachemGoren, May 13, 2020.

1. Ripping Audio disc tracks in a different format after having ripped them before.

I've ripped a disc to one library on my computer using mp3 format. But, for a few of the discs, I wanted to re-rip them in FLAC format. When I replace the disc, the RIP column comes up "Ripped to Library". How can I get around this, so I can rip this disc in the different format?

:)

MenachemGoren, May 13, 2020

2. Ripping Cd's

To all reading this, it may sound at first just like all the similar posts on this subject but there is a difference.

I run on Windows 10 with the updated version of WMP.. So far I have ripped approximately three hundred cd's to my PC in preparation of loading all my music on to a server and then do away with my dated AIWA music system.

All cd's have been ripped with no problems, that is until I tried to load two discs by Chas& Dave, not everyone's cup of tea I know but it's great for a touch of nostalgia. So here is the problem: The first one ripped fine but when I started to rip the
    second one, I noticed that the first track was the same as the previous one so I stopped ripping, changed the track information and then attempted to carry on ripping and that is when the troubles began. No matter how I tried it always ended up with the same
    message: Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD suggesting (to me anyway) that the album/tracks still existed on the my pc, so I have searched my pc thoroughly to make sure that it doesn't exist in case that is the problem.

Although am slowly approaching my seventieth birthday I'm not totally computer illiterate, I can read and follow most instructions, so all the solutions posted concerning this particular subject I have tried with no success. I refuse to believe that my
    PC has an inbuilt dislike of Chas &Dave and is doing this out of spite so there must be some kind technical problem that is stopping me from ripping this second album. If I try to rip a cd that I have already done then up comes; Windows Media Player cannot
    rip one or more tracks from the CD. suggesting to me that WMP can not rip music from the same cd but as these two contain different tracks then why will it not rip? I have searched the system thoroughly to make sure it isn't there so it has me totally baffled.

If anyone thinks they may have the answer then I would be really pleased to hear from you.

Regards the Duffer

GrahamandJane, May 13, 2020
  3. Rhen Pal Win User
    RIP CDs

Hi,

We suggest that you perform these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press "Windows" + "E" button on the keyboard.
    • Go to "View > Navigation pane" and select "Show libraries".
    • Now in the navigation pane, right-click on the "Music" library under "Libraries" and select "Delete".
    • Now right-click on the "Libraries" and select "Restore default libraries".
    • Now try to rip.

We also suggest that you refer to this link. Burn and rip CDs.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, May 13, 2020
  4. alfaetche Win User

Ripping Audio disc tracks in a different format after having ripped them before.

Windows Media Player corrupts the meta data of Track 1 after ripping

I have been ripping from CD to WAV in Win 10 (OEM full version, not an upgrade) using WMP. Some discs rip perfectly, but a LARGE number just lose Track 1. The first track just disappears. Other discs work, but a large number just don't store Track
    1. It plays, but doesn't show up in File Explorer at the end of the rip. I disabled Auto Play and automatic ripping, but it keeps happening.

alfaetche, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Ripping Audio disc tracks in a different format after having ripped them before.

1. Ripping Audio disc tracks in a different format after having ripped them before. - Similar Threads - Ripping Audio disc

2. Can't RIP an audio CD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't RIP an audio CD: Every time I click the "Rip CD" button on an audio CD to rip it to a flash drive, the Windows Media Player window disappears. This happens also on music CDs. The CDs are clean with no scratches. I have tried everything I can think of. It has to be some simple thing I'm...
  3. rip off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rip off: Why do I order stuff in Operation: New Earth and I don't get it? I send emails and never get a response. I want my money back. I'll stick to other game platforms from now on that take care of their customers....
  4. Ripping CDs

Ripping CDs: Hi, I am using Media Player to attempt to rip CDs. I am getting an message indicating one or more the of tracks can't be ripped; however, I am not getting any sort of error message as to what track is impacted. If I manually click on each track individually, I get the same...
  5. RIP music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RIP music: I have Windows 10 and Windows Media Player, version 12.0 I can no longer find how to RIP CD's to my music library. I have read all of the suggestions from Microsoft support; all settings are current but two things happen when inserting a CD to be RIPPED - (1) It does not...
  6. ripping CD's

ripping CD's: When Im ripping CDs , I notice that when I check them out in my library in Albums, I get albums of other music I don't own nor care to...this pisses me off...I don't need music suggested to me to listen to...Other times Ill rip a single album, and then it shows it twice,...
  7. RIP Listener (Слушатель RIP)

RIP Listener (Слушатель RIP): Здравствуйте В последних билдах Windows 10 не могу найти RIP Listener Как его установить? В более ранних билдах этой ОС - устанавливался из дополнительных компонентов, но сейчас его там нет...
  8. CD Ripping

CD Ripping: With Windows 10 If I have an audiobook CD in my optical drive how do I rip it to a folder on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-ripping/b92b283c-841f-49ea-9b9e-a1cb56cbba86"
  9. rip music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    rip music: when ripping cd to media player album title details do not show https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rip-music/8353ed90-387f-497c-a57b-37af1d4a0615
  10. rip cd

in Windows 10 Support
    rip cd: how to rip cds to computer for later download to mp3 19029