Windows 10: Ripping CD to FLAC - File Size

Discus and support Ripping CD to FLAC - File Size in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I hope this is the correct place for this question. I've done a couple of test rips to replace to rip my CDs onto a NAS for playback, previously I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PoBear, Dec 17, 2018.

1. PoBear Win User

Ripping CD to FLAC - File Size

Hi

I hope this is the correct place for this question.

I've done a couple of test rips to replace to rip my CDs onto a NAS for playback, previously I have used MP3 but now have the space to use a lossless codec such as FLAC.

I'm using Windows Media Player to do the rip.

So far I have ripped two CDs without a problem but whilst the file size for one is recorded as 300,897,431 bytes the size on disk is 2.75GB is round numbers, nearly 10 times the size. The other CD has the same issue

I can't understand why there is such a discrepancy, any ideas?

Thanks

:)

PoBear, Dec 17, 2018
  2. Mark Ari Win User

Ripping cd's

Generally you may not get many answers to this because Flac is a new lossless addition to media player ripping formats. not sure how it would be fully with
    standard flac files ripped or downloaded from elsewhere sue to DMR so I provide the following info on the basis of using a CD you own.

For Flac to play as you wish. A CUE file will be created when ripping a
    CD. If you use ISO buster or some other software to create the cue file. then If a CD is read and ripped perfectly to FLAC, the CUE file is what allows later burning of an audio CD that is identical in audio data to the original CD, including track order and pregap,
    Although excluding CD-Text and other additional data such as lyrics and CD+Ggraphics

Mark Ari, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Rhen Pal Win User
    RIP CDs

Hi,

We suggest that you perform these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press "Windows" + "E" button on the keyboard.
    • Go to "View > Navigation pane" and select "Show libraries".
    • Now in the navigation pane, right-click on the "Music" library under "Libraries" and select "Delete".
    • Now right-click on the "Libraries" and select "Restore default libraries".
    • Now try to rip.

We also suggest that you refer to this link. Burn and rip CDs.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Ripping CD to FLAC - File Size

Ripping cd's

If I rip a cd in the FLAC format, can I make a cd to play in an cd player, like I can in the WAV format? I have JRiver, and would like to make a mixed cd using music in the Flac format, does anyone have any views/ideas? I've made hundreds of cd's in either
    WAV or MP3, just not sure about FLAC. Thanks for the help.

StatuaryCell492, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Ripping CD to FLAC - File Size

1. Ripping CD to FLAC - File Size - Similar Threads - Ripping FLAC File

2. CD ripping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD ripping: Hi guys. I am trying to rip my cd's to mp3 for personal ease. The first one copied well, then nothing else happened, the second and any other I insert shows the ripping going active, just hangs there pending while windows WMP seems to do updates. I ticked alot of boxes to...
  3. CD ripping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD ripping: Hi guys. I am trying to rip my cd's to mp3 for personal ease. The first one copied well, then nothing else happened, the second and any other I insert shows the ripping going active, just hangs there pending while windows WMP seems to do updates. I ticked alot of boxes to...
  4. Ripping CD's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ripping CD's: SO windows Groove doesn't rip CD's and now your Media player is broken because it doesn't retrieve cd information. How do I rip my Cd's now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-cds/890b3347-7c58-490b-b6c1-11491a1fb465
  5. ripping CD's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ripping CD's: When Im ripping CDs , I notice that when I check them out in my library in Albums, I get albums of other music I don't own nor care to...this pisses me off...I don't need music suggested to me to listen to...Other times Ill rip a single album, and then it shows it twice,...
  6. CD Ripping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CD Ripping: With Windows 10 If I have an audiobook CD in my optical drive how do I rip it to a folder on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-ripping/b92b283c-841f-49ea-9b9e-a1cb56cbba86"
  7. rip cd

rip cd: How do I rip a cd to my hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rip-cd/a5499e64-d8ff-48ec-8510-4bd6c14c651c"
  8. ripping a cd

ripping a cd: can i still use my laptop to browse while i am ripping a cd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/ripping-a-cd/96517814-07b7-44e3-aa33-e766fe5a2cf8
  9. Rip CD's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rip CD's: Media Player will not recognise some of my CD's and a cannot rip them....Is there a problem or a fix for this? It is not the format i.e mp3, it simply wont read them. Its only the discs with a bold clear line aroun the outside....
  10. rip cd

in Windows 10 Support
    rip cd: how to rip cds to computer for later download to mp3 19029