Windows 10: ripping CDs

Discus and support ripping CDs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I rip CDs PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-cds/ebe073be-7d41-4204-91cb-8e3d936496e9 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by roysmith61, Jul 29, 2019.

1. ripping CDs

How do I rip CDs PLEASE

:)

roysmith61, Jul 29, 2019
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

RIP CDs

Hi,

We suggest that you perform these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press "Windows" + "E" button on the keyboard.
    • Go to "View > Navigation pane" and select "Show libraries".
    • Now in the navigation pane, right-click on the "Music" library under "Libraries" and select "Delete".
    • Now right-click on the "Libraries" and select "Restore default libraries".
    • Now try to rip.

We also suggest that you refer to this link. Burn and rip CDs.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Ripping burned cds.

Hi,

Ripping music from a CD allows you to copy songs to your PC.

Follow the steps below to rip CD to your PC:

1. Open Windows Media Player.

2. Insert a music CD.

3. Click Rip CD.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Jul 29, 2019
  4. ripping CDs

MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

ripping CDs

1. ripping CDs - Similar Threads - ripping CDs

2. Is there a fix for WMP corrupting first track when ripping CDs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a fix for WMP corrupting first track when ripping CDs?: I see closed threads going back 10 years for the problem that WMP fails to get correct data for 1st track when ripping. Is there a way to retrieve data? Do people just use EAC or Foobar2000 instead?...
  3. Is there a fix for WMP corrupting first track when ripping CDs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a fix for WMP corrupting first track when ripping CDs?: I see closed threads going back 10 years for the problem that WMP fails to get correct data for 1st track when ripping. Is there a way to retrieve data? Do people just use EAC or Foobar2000 instead?...
  4. Issue with Windows Media Player ripping CDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows Media Player ripping CDs: I recently purchased a new Dell Desktop Computer with the Windows 11 Operating System but it doesn't come with CD/DVD player I've connected an external player but every time I attempt to rip a disc to the computer I receive the following message: Windows Media Player cannot...
  5. Issue with Windows Media Player ripping CDs

Issue with Windows Media Player ripping CDs: I recently purchased a new Dell Desktop Computer with the Windows 11 Operating System but it doesn't come with CD/DVD player I've connected an external player but every time I attempt to rip a disc to the computer I receive the following message: Windows Media Player cannot...
  6. windows media player won't rip cds on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows media player won't rip cds on windows 11?: Windows media player won't rip cds on windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-wont-rip-cds-on-windows-11/3762f492-0b11-4196-b690-d09e8383bcbf
  7. windows media player won't rip cds on windows 11?

windows media player won't rip cds on windows 11?: Windows media player won't rip cds on windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-wont-rip-cds-on-windows-11/3762f492-0b11-4196-b690-d09e8383bcbf
  8. Windows Media Player will rip some CDs but not others!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player will rip some CDs but not others!: Win10 Media Player. I have an external CD drive. I open Windows Media Player, connect the external CD drive, insert the CD to be ripped, Click on "Organize", then "Options", then a screen comes up where I click on "Rip Music" I rip wav files. Sometimes it works and sometimes...
  9. Windows Media Player will rip some CDs but not others!

Windows Media Player will rip some CDs but not others!: Win10 Media Player. I have an external CD drive. I open Windows Media Player, connect the external CD drive, insert the CD to be ripped, Click on "Organize", then "Options", then a screen comes up where I click on "Rip Music" I rip wav files. Sometimes it works and sometimes...
  10. Question: Can I still rip audio CDs to Apple Lossless format in Windows 11? Sunday,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question: Can I still rip audio CDs to Apple Lossless format in Windows 11? Sunday,...: I definitely should wait at least another 120 days before getting a Windows 11 PC as I’ll rip at least 7,630 songs from audio CDs to Apple Lossless format to save in a Norton 360 Premium II plan with 150 GB of cloud storage so far. There should be an iTunes 13 or 12.13 by...