Windows 10: ripping music from cd

Discus and support ripping music from cd in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I rip music from my cd into windows media player? there is no 'rip; button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by emceedance, Jul 2, 2020.

1. ripping music from cd

how do I rip music from my cd into windows media player? there is no 'rip; button

:)

emceedance, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

RIP CDs

Hi,

We suggest that you perform these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press "Windows" + "E" button on the keyboard.
    • Go to "View > Navigation pane" and select "Show libraries".
    • Now in the navigation pane, right-click on the "Music" library under "Libraries" and select "Delete".
    • Now right-click on the "Libraries" and select "Restore default libraries".
    • Now try to rip.

We also suggest that you refer to this link. Burn and rip CDs.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Query related to Ripping Music CD's through network

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to ripping CD to Music Library. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the question below:

• Have you inserted the disc on the client machine or on Surface Pro?

Ideally, if you are trying to rip a CD to a Music Library that is located on the network then you there are chances that it will be take time to process.

One of the convenient way I can suggest is to rip the CD on one machine and then copy paste to the Music Library on the other machine. Refer the section
    Rip CDs from the article
    Burn and rip CDs

However, please let us know the information on how you are trying to rip the CD.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 2, 2020
  4. ripping music from cd

Ripping music from CD's

How do I rip music from CD's. On my Windows Media Player I used to rip music from my legitimate store bought CD. It's been over 6 months since I ripped my last cd. I try to get info from all support areas in Microsoft, nothing works. Would someone
    help me.

TheresaDuhamel, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

ripping music from cd

1. ripping music from cd - Similar Threads - ripping music

2. how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??: I have win 10, updated today [oct. 23, 2022].I have a number of songs saved on an external heard drive [actually serval hard drives].For some reason, these songs have NOT sync/installed into my library in media player.I have media player set to rip automatically [from CDs]...
  3. how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??: I have win 10, updated today [oct. 23, 2022].I have a number of songs saved on an external heard drive [actually serval hard drives].For some reason, these songs have NOT sync/installed into my library in media player.I have media player set to rip automatically [from CDs]...
  4. how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Optical Disc Doesn't WRITE/BURN/RIP: hp DVDRAM GT31L It does READ and PLAY Music CD's but...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optical Disc Doesn't WRITE/BURN/RIP: hp DVDRAM GT31L It does READ and PLAY Music CD's but...: Optical Disc Doesn't WRITE/BURN/RIP: hp DVDRAM GT31L does not WRITE /Rip/Burn CD's but it does Play music CDs; in iTUNES does not indicate initializing, but does indicate WRITING but after process completion No advisory on "Finalizing" --CD is ejected as though Successfully...
  6. Using Windows Media Player to rip 500 hours of unknown vintage music CD -R s

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using Windows Media Player to rip 500 hours of unknown vintage music CD -R s: I do not have home wifi . I have only limited use of library computers. Wish to rip at my home without wifi but WMP will not let me do this because it wants information on the music which requires an internet connection .So I am dead in the water. None of my music is...
  7. When you rip a music CD to Windows, what program do you use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When you rip a music CD to Windows, what program do you use?: I have a Mac and when I put the CD in, iTunes pops up so that I can import it, but FLAC is not one of the options. If I want to save the CD music files in FLAC in Windows, what program do I have to use? 159198
  8. When you rip a music CD to Windows, what program do you use?

in Windows 10 Support
    When you rip a music CD to Windows, what program do you use?: I have a Mac and when I put the CD in, iTunes pops up so that I can import it, but FLAC is not one of the options. If I want to save the CD music files in FLAC in Windows, what program do I have to use? 159198
  9. Ripping Music CD's

Ripping Music CD's: When ripping a disk of music on Media Player, where does it save the music to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-music-cds/bcf9bdf4-8b9e-4346-8509-e8c6ebea7df3
  10. Unable to rip music to mp3 but WMA works fine!

Unable to rip music to mp3 but WMA works fine!: Hello, Windows 10 media player is refusing to rip a CD to MP3. I've tried all the stock suggestions on multiple similar posts: Error correction is turned on for the CD/DVD drive in Media Player. There's a valid folder for it to rip to have tried 2 separate drives,...