Windows 10: Ripping my music

Discus and support Ripping my music in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ripping my music from a CD the info displayed is some other artist What is causing this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Roy22wj, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Roy22wj Win User

Ripping my music

Ripping my music from a CD the info displayed is some other artist What is causing this

:)

Roy22wj, Dec 16, 2018
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

RIP CDs

Hi,

We suggest that you perform these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press "Windows" + "E" button on the keyboard.
    • Go to "View > Navigation pane" and select "Show libraries".
    • Now in the navigation pane, right-click on the "Music" library under "Libraries" and select "Delete".
    • Now right-click on the "Libraries" and select "Restore default libraries".
    • Now try to rip.

We also suggest that you refer to this link. Burn and rip CDs.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Dec 16, 2018
  3. something Wrong with window media player, it does not ripping no music

Hi Joseph,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to the Windows Media Playback?
    • What exactly happens when you try to rip music?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter, if not yet deployed.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of ripping the DVD for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Ripping my music

Media Player does not have a RIP button. I've tried all the previously posted solutions but none have worked.

Hi Tony,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

• Which version of Windows Media Player are you using?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to find the rip music option and check if it helps.

• Open the “Windows media player” and click on “organize” button.
    • Go to “options” and click on “rip music”.
    • If you want to rip the music “automatically”, please select the box “Rip CD automatically” and click on
      apply.
    • If you don’t need rip music automatically you can make the changes accordingly and check.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

Ripping my music

1. Ripping my music - Similar Threads - Ripping music

2. how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??: I have win 10, updated today [oct. 23, 2022].I have a number of songs saved on an external heard drive [actually serval hard drives].For some reason, these songs have NOT sync/installed into my library in media player.I have media player set to rip automatically [from CDs]...
  3. how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??: I have win 10, updated today [oct. 23, 2022].I have a number of songs saved on an external heard drive [actually serval hard drives].For some reason, these songs have NOT sync/installed into my library in media player.I have media player set to rip automatically [from CDs]...
  4. how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Optical Disc Doesn't WRITE/BURN/RIP: hp DVDRAM GT31L It does READ and PLAY Music CD's but...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optical Disc Doesn't WRITE/BURN/RIP: hp DVDRAM GT31L It does READ and PLAY Music CD's but...: Optical Disc Doesn't WRITE/BURN/RIP: hp DVDRAM GT31L does not WRITE /Rip/Burn CD's but it does Play music CDs; in iTUNES does not indicate initializing, but does indicate WRITING but after process completion No advisory on "Finalizing" --CD is ejected as though Successfully...
  6. Using Windows Media Player to rip 500 hours of unknown vintage music CD -R s

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using Windows Media Player to rip 500 hours of unknown vintage music CD -R s: I do not have home wifi . I have only limited use of library computers. Wish to rip at my home without wifi but WMP will not let me do this because it wants information on the music which requires an internet connection .So I am dead in the water. None of my music is...
  7. ripping music from cd

ripping music from cd: how do I rip music from my cd into windows media player? there is no 'rip; button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-music-from-cd/76d5c5e8-7596-40ff-afaa-6e5c5858477e
  8. When you rip a music CD to Windows, what program do you use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When you rip a music CD to Windows, what program do you use?: I have a Mac and when I put the CD in, iTunes pops up so that I can import it, but FLAC is not one of the options. If I want to save the CD music files in FLAC in Windows, what program do I have to use? 159198
  9. When you rip a music CD to Windows, what program do you use?

in Windows 10 Support
    When you rip a music CD to Windows, what program do you use?: I have a Mac and when I put the CD in, iTunes pops up so that I can import it, but FLAC is not one of the options. If I want to save the CD music files in FLAC in Windows, what program do I have to use? 159198
  10. Ripping Music CD's

Ripping Music CD's: When ripping a disk of music on Media Player, where does it save the music to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-music-cds/bcf9bdf4-8b9e-4346-8509-e8c6ebea7df3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i ripped my own store bought cd and widows wont let me play them

2. WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER CD RIPPING TRACK SELECTION no check boxes

3. my music rip