Windows 10: Risks Of Changing Folder Structure

Discus and support Risks Of Changing Folder Structure in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running Win 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.1082. I have a 2Tb internal with 1Tb partition for my personal folder structure. I also have a 4Tb external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MamaWolf, Sep 14, 2020.

1. MamaWolf Win User

Risks Of Changing Folder Structure

I am running Win 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.1082. I have a 2Tb internal with 1Tb partition for my personal folder structure. I also have a 4Tb external with 2 partitions for archiving finished folders. I would like to organize my personal folder structure so they are no more than 2 or 3 deep. Are there any risks involved in changing the folder structure? I would be changing well over 50,000 folders.

Many Thanks,

:)

MamaWolf, Sep 14, 2020
  2. buck10 Win User

Folder structure

Hi

I would like my folder structure to have the list view but show thumbnails for files within those folders.

In the 'folder options' I can only set either picture view or list view. How can I achieve list view AND show thumbs?

I have realised I can set this manunally for each folder, but it's impractical as I have thousands of directories.

Thanks for any help

buck10, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Lumia 1520 default structure picture folders

Hi, can anyone tell me what the default structure for the phone's picture folder should be?

I mean the the structure you see when you look at your phone on the computer.

I have :

Phone:

• Pictures:
      • Pictures:
        • from "phone name":
          • Camera Roll
          • Camera-album
          • Saved Pictures
      • Camera Roll
      • Sample Pictures
      • Saved Pictures

Is this the correct structure? I have the feeling something is wrong and things are double now, but I am not sure, and I don't want to experiment with deleting things just yet.

Thijme---01, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Risks Of Changing Folder Structure

folder structure of /users/... and relation to OneDrive

Some new installations of Windows 10 do not have folder in the /users/%username%/ folder or have only 1 or a few of the standard structure of 'backups, desktop, documents, downloads, pictures, music, video'. but the OneDrive folder structure is complete
    for more so. The OneDrive/documents is populated with files, but the c:/users/documents/ has no files, The 'Quick Access' list is compete and properly populated. Shall I generate the file structure in the /users/%username%/ folder? Any good articles?

Thanks. Howard

HowardSartori, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Risks Of Changing Folder Structure

1. Risks Of Changing Folder Structure - Similar Threads - Risks Changing Folder

2. File Folder Structures Duplicated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Folder Structures Duplicated: Something odd occurs once in a while - after a reboot, I think. I will find a document folder with only the Folder structure duplicated. I recently discovered an additional folder named "Documents" my main Doc folder appears correct and it included all of the folders on my...
  3. File Folder Structures Duplicated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Folder Structures Duplicated: Something odd occurs once in a while - after a reboot, I think. I will find a document folder with only the Folder structure duplicated. I recently discovered an additional folder named "Documents" my main Doc folder appears correct and it included all of the folders on my...
  4. File Folder Structures Duplicated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Folder Structure in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Structure in Windows 11: Hello,I have a new desktop computer with Windows 11 22H2 with a 1/4 T SSD drive C: and a full T hard drive D:.I am confused by file and folder icons. When I open File Explorer, I see 10 "Document" folders. Some have green tick icons, others not, some are grey document icons,...
  6. Folder Structure in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Structure in Windows 11: Hello,I have a new desktop computer with Windows 11 22H2 with a 1/4 T SSD drive C: and a full T hard drive D:.I am confused by file and folder icons. When I open File Explorer, I see 10 "Document" folders. Some have green tick icons, others not, some are grey document icons,...
  7. Folder structure of Onedrive lost

Folder structure of Onedrive lost: Hy, since today the folder structure of my personal onedrive is lost. All subfolder are shown inside the root folder. So I've 8.000 subfolders in the users\documents path. How to correct this, as I don't what happend? kr Andreas...
  8. Transfer of old WindowsImageBackup Folder risks

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Transfer of old WindowsImageBackup Folder risks: Sorry, long preamble to what I hope is a fairly simple question. I am in process of rationalising a very messy set of directories on a fairly new HP Laptop running on Windows 10. I took this over when my own desktop crashed a couple of months after my husband died so I am...
  9. Folder structure

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder structure: Hi I would like my folder structure to have the list view but show thumbnails for files within those folders. In the 'folder options' I can only set either picture view or list view. How can I achieve list view AND show thumbs? I have realised I can set this manunally...
  10. Windows 10 folder structure

Windows 10 folder structure: I read in another answer from Microsoft: Please be informed that the documents folder can be accessed by the following locations. Desktop\<me>\Documents ThisPC\Documents Local Disk (C)\Users\<me>\Downloads\Documents Libraries\Documents\Documents I really...