Windows 10: RK DisableSearchBoxSuggestions 1 breaks Window's Camera Application functionality, is there...

Discus and support RK DisableSearchBoxSuggestions 1 breaks Window's Camera Application functionality, is there... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So a while back I did a regedit because I was sick of Window's infuriatingly useless internet search results.The steps I undertook.1. Navigate to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lachlan Brown, Apr 18, 2024.

1. RK DisableSearchBoxSuggestions 1 breaks Window's Camera Application functionality, is there...

So a while back I did a regedit because I was sick of Window's infuriatingly useless internet search results.The steps I undertook.1. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows2. Created a folder called Explorer3. Created DWORD 32-bit registry key, named it DisableSearchBoxSuggestions, and set its value to 1.Recently I've started WFH which requires a functional webcam.I opened the camera app to find that my captured image no longer refreshes in the application display, the camera still auto detects the focus point which I can see the box moving around the screen.After

:)

Lachlan Brown, Apr 18, 2024
  2. jekiboi20 Win User

Camera is green

Hi GeorgiaPeach,

Welcome to the forum!

You can try these steps and see if it will make any difference:

• Power cycle
    1. Turn off the phone then remove the back cover and the battery.

2. Reinsert the battery and the back cover then turn on your phone.

• Reset your camera settings
    1. Go to Settings.

2. Swipe to Application settings.

3. Choose Photos+camera.

4. Select Reset camera.

If the issue still persists, you can try to perform the steps provided on this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749480. If the steps on the link will not work, I suggest that you
    visit the nearest Nokia repair facility for it to be repaired. See this link: Nokia and HMD phones support to check the repair facility near your area.

jekiboi20, Apr 18, 2024
  3. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 18, 2024
  4. RK DisableSearchBoxSuggestions 1 breaks Window's Camera Application functionality, is there...

Windows Camera

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to use the integrated webcam. There could be a possibility that the
    device driver not installed or out of date or the installed driver failed.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the model number of the Lenovo Desktop?
    • Is Lenovo Vantage utility app installed on the PC?

• Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Let us try few steps.

Step 1: Check Camera Settings.

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows Settings.
    2. Click on Privacy and select Camera from the left pane.
    3. Click on Change check if it is toggled to On.
    4. Also toggle the switch to On under Allow apps to access your camera
    Step 2:Update Webcam driver.

We would suggest you to update the Webcam driver from Device Manager. Please refer this article to update the driver:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

If the behavior persists, I suggest you follow the steps in the article below and see if it solves the problem:
    Camera doesn't work in Windows 10

You may also refer these articles for additional information:

Windows 10 camera, microphone, and privacy

How to use the Camera app

If it persists, I recommend that you contact the Lenovo Technical Support to carry out tests related to the camera.

Let us know the results.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

RK DisableSearchBoxSuggestions 1 breaks Window's Camera Application functionality, is there...

1. RK DisableSearchBoxSuggestions 1 breaks Window's Camera Application functionality, is there... - Similar Threads - DisableSearchBoxSuggestions breaks Window's

2. RK DisableSearchBoxSuggestions 1 breaks Window's Camera Application functionality, is there...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RK DisableSearchBoxSuggestions 1 breaks Window's Camera Application functionality, is there...: So a while back I did a regedit because I was sick of Window's infuriatingly useless internet search results.The steps I undertook.1. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows2. Created a folder called Explorer3. Created DWORD 32-bit registry key,...
  3. Camera not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera not functioning: Hi, I am getting 0xA00F4292 error while accessing the camera .Could you please solve this asap. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-functioning/b04d1590-35b1-465e-97be-931ba712b753
  4. Camera function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera function: My camera app shows grey without my face or anything. Last night the camera app is working perfectly but now I cant see my face. I have Lenovo laptop and I turn on the camera and check properly the lens. All is good but I cant see myself. Check if there is a settings I need...
  5. Camera not functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not functioning: Hi Everyone, my camera is not being shown in device manager can anyone help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-functioning/91ff2bc8-1bba-40fd-838e-ced870e27b7e
  6. Windows Upgrade breaks functionality

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Upgrade breaks functionality: I upgraded my windows 7 pc to windows 10 through Windows Media Creation Tool and noticed changes I deem unexpected (some of which I'll explain along with the steps I took to attempt fixing). The main thing is a stretched display. Here is what I tried: -Meddling with the...
  7. Camera not functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not functioning: Camera can be switched on but cannot function with Skype or with any webinar program eg Zoom or any chat programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-functioning/de162191-f84d-4710-a471-f21e8d7542cb
  8. camera is not functioning

in Cortana
    camera is not functioning: Camera is not working THE Error code seen here is 0xA00F4244 . help me solving this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-is-not-functioning/45ccc739-da47-45bb-a58a-5e27a93569c4"
  9. Camera not functional

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera not functional: Hi Team My camera is showing a blank screen when I press the icon. I have a MCAFEE anti virus on my HP laptop. Kindly tell me how can it be sorted. Regards...
  10. DisableSearchHistory vs DisableSearchBoxSuggestions

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DisableSearchHistory vs DisableSearchBoxSuggestions: What is the difference between these two and which versions of Windows they apply to: Code: reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer" /v "DisableSearchHistory" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add...