Windows 10: RMI Port Block/Exhaustion on Windows Server 2019

Discus and support RMI Port Block/Exhaustion on Windows Server 2019 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; We have a java-based server-client application which is working on Windows Server 2019. Operators use application over CITRIX server. Until a Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OrhanKeser, Nov 30, 2021.

1. RMI Port Block/Exhaustion on Windows Server 2019

We have a java-based server-client application which is working on Windows Server 2019. Operators use application over CITRIX server. Until a Windows update 10 days ago, system was running normally. After then, users started to get an error as "Communication port is blocked" and it is listing all ports as [Current port number setting] which we have defined in Environment Variables. The predefined port range has 100 ports and according to application limitation, 80 concurrent users can connect. However only less than 20 users can connect to application and others get error. If we run client a

:)

OrhanKeser, Nov 30, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Nov 30, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Port is being blocked

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to this issue?

Upon researching, this seems like an issue due to the port scan. You may want to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Login to your Netgear
      NX6200 Extender GUI
    • Click on Advanced tab and choose
      WAN Setup
    • Check the box for Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection.
    • Allow it to update and check if the port is still being blocked.

However, if the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals
    equipped with knowledge on port forwarding.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 30, 2021
  4. RMI Port Block/Exhaustion on Windows Server 2019

Windows Update ports and IP addresses for Server 2019

Hi Guys,

Just want to check what are the ports and IP addresses to be allowed in Windows Update for Server 2019.

Thank you.

Ralph

RalphRacca84, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

RMI Port Block/Exhaustion on Windows Server 2019

1. RMI Port Block/Exhaustion on Windows Server 2019 - Similar Threads - RMI Port Block

2. App using serial ports runs on Win10, Server 2016 but not Server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App using serial ports runs on Win10, Server 2016 but not Server 2019: I have an app that uses several serial port and runs fine on Win10, Server 2016 but not Server 2019. The app reads the device info for the port and uses that info to identify the device connected to the port. On Win10 and Server 2016, the query returns the device info but on...
  3. App using serial ports runs on Win10, Server 2016 but not Server 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App using serial ports runs on Win10, Server 2016 but not Server 2019: I have an app that uses several serial port and runs fine on Win10, Server 2016 but not Server 2019. The app reads the device info for the port and uses that info to identify the device connected to the port. On Win10 and Server 2016, the query returns the device info but on...
  4. .NET Framework 4.8 Blocked Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework 4.8 Blocked Windows Server 2019: Fully patched Microsoft Server 2019 running on Azure. I am trying to install a software update for an accounts package on a company server, and this update requires .NET Framework 4.8. I have tried all steps advised that I can find online, such as trying to repair and remove...
  5. .NET Framework 4.8 Blocked Windows Server 2019

.NET Framework 4.8 Blocked Windows Server 2019: Fully patched Microsoft Server 2019 running on Azure. I am trying to install a software update for an accounts package on a company server, and this update requires .NET Framework 4.8. I have tried all steps advised that I can find online, such as trying to repair and remove...
  6. RMI Port Block/Exhaustion on Windows Server 2019

RMI Port Block/Exhaustion on Windows Server 2019: We have a java-based server-client application which is working on Windows Server 2019. Operators use application over CITRIX server. Until a Windows update 10 days ago, system was running normally. After then, users started to get an error as "Communication port is blocked"...
  7. MSMQ port exhaustion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSMQ port exhaustion: Hi, I'm running MSMQ on server 2016. I see the tcp ports in "bound" state growing for the msmq process. Till all the ports are used up. Is there a way to find out what is causing this? example: PS C:\Scripts> Get-NetTCPConnection -State BOUND select -First 5...
  8. Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Server 2019: Hello, I have a question to the new Windows Server 2019. Is it possible to divide a windows host server for performance sharing? With multiple users working on it at the same time. As an example, that multiple users can play simultaneously on this server? Thus, only the...
  9. Troubleshoot Port exhaustion issues in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Troubleshoot Port exhaustion issues in Windows: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Any network connection made between computers (TCP or UDP protocols), it is done through the ports. Imagine these as entry points or gateways which is used by a service or application. As more client connections are made, the ports shortfall [...] This post...
  10. Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Server 2019: My family is using Windows 2016 Essentials. What is our upgrade path to Windows 2019 Server? Our server has 2 cores. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-2019/e0e655e0-af27-4955-86f2-32f015eb0fff