Windows 10: Roaming aggressiveness doesn't change anything

Discus and support Roaming aggressiveness doesn't change anything in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I'm having trouble with my wifi signal when roaming between range extenders. I have one main router and 3 range exenders; let's call them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by _gjg, Feb 7, 2019.

1. _gjg Win User

Roaming aggressiveness doesn't change anything

Hello.

I'm having trouble with my wifi signal when roaming between range extenders. I have one main router and 3 range exenders; let's call them extender A, extender B, and extender C. The router feeds both extender A and B, and extender A feeds extender C.

When I startup, it seems my laptop will connect to whichever signal it finds first - not necessarily the strongest signal. When I move between them, it stubbornly refuses

I can be half way between extender A and C, picking up (for example) a 90% signal from extender A, a 90% signal from extender C, and a 5% signal from the main router, but it will not change to either A or C - it stays with the main router. This continues even as the router signal goes down to 0%; only then will it change. But if the router signal goes back up to 1%, the wifi will return to the router connection, depsite getting a 100% signal from extender C. It will then switch back and forth as the router signal fades in and out. It's the same problem between all the different extenders. It is always trying to reconnect to the original signal, even if there are 2 or 3 other stronger signals on the same network.

My understanding is that this is what the roaming aggressiveness setting is supposed to solve. It does not. I already have my roaming aggressiveness set to 5 (highest).

And to answer what will probably be the first question - I am sure that extender A is always getting a strong enough signal from the main router, and that extender C is getting a strong enough signal from extender A. Extender B might sometimes get a signal weaker than 30% from the main router, but it is always getting something, and anyway when it is receiving a strong signal I still get the problem described above.

I'm using Windows 10, version 1803, OS build 17134.556.

Any ideas?

:)

_gjg, Feb 7, 2019
  2. TimmaSki Win User

Change Roaming Aggressiveness on Windows 8 Phone

Hi,

Thanks for your answer Karolina, I apprecaite it Roaming aggressiveness doesn't change anything :)

I was, however, asking if it's possible to alter the roaming aggressiveness on the Windows 8 phone.

Thanks, Tim

TimmaSki, Feb 7, 2019
  3. TimmaSki Win User
    Change Roaming Aggressiveness on Windows 8 Phone

Hi,

My friend has a Windows 8 Nokia phone (Nokia 532 I think) in Student Accommodation that is between two Access Points.

The device is roaming between the two access points that are broadcasting the same SSID.

This causes an intermittent connection, sometimes causing a self assigned IPv4 Address.

I was wondering if there was any way to lower the roaming aggressiveness on this device, and if so, how to do it.

Thanks for any help.

TimmaSki, Feb 7, 2019
  4. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Roaming aggressiveness doesn't change anything - Similar Threads - Roaming aggressiveness doesn't

2. changing power mode from settings doesn't do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing power mode from settings doesn't do anything: so i just searched for a solution because it only shows balanced mode in power plan options in control panel, then i found a solution that one worked, but when i try to change power plan it only works from control panel, if i change it from settings in system > power &...
  3. changing power mode from settings doesn't do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing power mode from settings doesn't do anything: so i just searched for a solution because it only shows balanced mode in power plan options in control panel, then i found a solution that one worked, but when i try to change power plan it only works from control panel, if i change it from settings in system > power &...
  4. Change roaming to local profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change roaming to local profile: Hi all,Hope you can help me with this. I have a computer with a roaming profile.When I try to change it to local, it remains as roaming I go to system, profiles, and change from roaming to local. I don´t get any error. It simply doesn´t change it.What is happening?. Any idea...
  5. Change roaming to local profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change roaming to local profile: Hi all,Hope you can help me with this. I have a computer with a roaming profile.When I try to change it to local, it remains as roaming I go to system, profiles, and change from roaming to local. I don´t get any error. It simply doesn´t change it.What is happening?. Any idea...
  6. Change roaming to local profile

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Cortana doesn't respond to anything

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn't respond to anything: Cortana was just doing fine when one day I realized she doesn't respond to ANY command. Whatever I say, my message just reaches her. No reply. If I try to speak using the mic button, Cortana starts to hear, but after just half a second, Cortana stops listening. Some of my...
  8. Roaming Aggression unavailable on Surface 5 and 6?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Roaming Aggression unavailable on Surface 5 and 6?: Hello, I support about 325 Surface Pro's for retail salespersons across 10 locations. Our wireless in a retail setting can be a bit challenging as our sales staff move around retail floors and we find that as they travel away from an access point and pass another, they are...
  9. Cortana Doesn't anything

in Cortana
    Cortana Doesn't anything: i'm trying to use my Cortana, it doesn't do anything, i cannot talk to it, I cannot write, It opens but without results https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-doesnt-anything/7a0e07eb-9b06-4b9e-b7c8-ee4b18b35319"
  10. Cortana doesn't anything

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn't anything: I try to find things for my Cortana and Cortana doesn't nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-doesnt-anything/35043d35-0f3e-4e5a-850c-b0b06fe8d2c2"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 roaming aggressiveness

2. Roaming aggressiveness doesnt change anything in windows 10