Windows 10: Roaming folder entirely deleted after restart

Discus and support Roaming folder entirely deleted after restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I restarted my Computer the Roaming folder in Appdata was completely empty no previous versions either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sillyboyginty, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Roaming folder entirely deleted after restart

When I restarted my Computer the Roaming folder in Appdata was completely empty no previous versions either

:)

sillyboyginty, Aug 2, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Roaming folder entirely deleted after restart :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Roaming folder entirely deleted after restart :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 2, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 2, 2021
  4. Roaming folder entirely deleted after restart

Roaming folder's setting not loaded comepletely?

I assume you are talking about this folder:

c:\Users\Jianwei\AppData\Roaming

If so then these steps should fix the problem:

1. Mark the code line below, then press Ctrl+C to copy it.
    2. Click the Start globe.
    3. Press Ctrl+V to paste the code line.
    4. Press Enter.

cmd.exe /c attrib -h -r /s /d "%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming" & pause

Frederik Long, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

Roaming folder entirely deleted after restart

1. Roaming folder entirely deleted after restart - Similar Threads - Roaming folder entirely

2. Can I delete AppData Roaming Folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete AppData Roaming Folder?: My Antivirus Has detected a File Rep Malware in this file so What Should I do.Should I Remove It or Not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-appdata-roaming-folder/5ee75130-6620-4a51-b426-1ba3208bf282
  3. Can I delete AppData Roaming Folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete AppData Roaming Folder?: My Antivirus Has detected a File Rep Malware in this file so What Should I do.Should I Remove It or Not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-appdata-roaming-folder/5ee75130-6620-4a51-b426-1ba3208bf282
  4. Roaming Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Roaming Folder: I just received my laptop today from a company that replaced the hard drive with an SSD and did a clean install of Windows 10 version 21h2. While trying to move some data and apps to this computer from the spare computer I found that I do mot have a c:\users\username\roaming\...
  5. Roaming Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roaming Folder: I just received my laptop today from a company that replaced the hard drive with an SSD and did a clean install of Windows 10 version 21h2. While trying to move some data and apps to this computer from the spare computer I found that I do mot have a c:\users\username\roaming\...
  6. Roaming Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unable to delete a folder under roaming

Unable to delete a folder under roaming: So after deleting an application I went to the roaming folder to delete it and it keeps giving me a no permissions error. I cant change ownership, give permissions or anything, all show as no permissions. Even under command prompt open as administrator it gives the same...
  8. Deleting a folder in Appdata/Roaming/...

Deleting a folder in Appdata/Roaming/...: I've uninstalled a password manager app called ''Myki'' from my pc but it has still a folder in hidden Appdata/Roaming/.. i dont want any traces left because i need a fresh reinstall.. deleting a folder in hidden Roaming folder cause any trouble? actually i've deleted it but...
  9. I accidentally deleted the entire "WindowsApps" folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidentally deleted the entire "WindowsApps" folder: That's it. I was trying to uninstall the hidden files that Sea Of Thieves doesn't uninstall. And my dumbass accidentally uninstalled the entire file instead of the sea of thieves shit. Where can I get it all back? I'm sorry if I explained it bad, I'm fucking stupid...
  10. Deleted entire registry folder.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted entire registry folder.: So I was messing around with the pc and I found the registry. I deleted one of the folders which was Hkey_Local_Machine. After that I try to open safari and it said no memory. Then my pc shut down and went to automatic repair. The log file said:...