Windows 10: Roaming Profile Adjusting DPI Scaling (Looking for Fix)

Discus and support Roaming Profile Adjusting DPI Scaling (Looking for Fix) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, We have a roaming profile that we use on multiple pc's however each pc has a different screen size. Some are 4k screens, some are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dtex, Apr 30, 2018.

1. dtex Win User

Roaming Profile Adjusting DPI Scaling (Looking for Fix)

Hi guys,

We have a roaming profile that we use on multiple pc's however each pc has a different screen size. Some are 4k screens, some are projectors, some are double projectors also some are normal monitors. Each time we log onto a PC with the roaming profile, Windows 10 tries and predicts the scaling we want.

4k - 300%
    Double projector - 150%
    Single projector - 200%

We want the PC's where this profile logs on, to be set to 100%.

If we use a local profile, screen settings are obviously saved as a Registry key. So they stick when you come to log back in, however with the roaming profile the PC tries to predict what DPI Scaling & the registry is defaulted no changes are made.

We've tried:

• Group policy the known registry keys "LogPixels" in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
    • Group policy the known registry key "AppliedDPI" in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\Windowsmetrics
    • Manually editing numerous registry keys in HKEY_Current_Users.For them all the default back, and the edits not to be saved.

We are now thinking about a "log-in" script, or .BAT to change it, my question is does anyone know an easier way to do this, where the settings will stick. Is there a key somewhere that can be changed or and easier way to achieve this?

Thanks!

:)

2. Why does version 1709 affect font size in other software?

Microsoft has been making significant adjustments to try to correct the decades of high-DPI scaling issues on modern devices that have higher pixel density than 96 DPI. For example, older software if you go to the Properties of the icon, you'll see the
    scaling option now has 3 options instead of just 1. Depending on the scale method the older software used (or more typically, no native handling at all), it may need an adjustment here.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 30, 2018
  3. Louie Del Win User
    What does the new DPI options do?

As an additional information, the term Per-Monitor Aware is an application that checks for the DPI when it’s created. It also adjusts the scale factor whenever the DPI changes and it’s not automatically scaled by the system. The
    bitmap stretch is a method that draws a rectangular block of pixels on the display device. It also stretches or shrink the rectangular area as necessary.

Louie Del, Apr 30, 2018
Thema:

Roaming Profile Adjusting DPI Scaling (Looking for Fix)

1. Roaming Profile Adjusting DPI Scaling (Looking for Fix) - Similar Threads - Roaming Profile Adjusting

2. How to adjust DPI scaling level in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to adjust DPI scaling level in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]In this article, we will show you how to change the DPI scaling level on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computers. DPI, short for Dots Per Inch is a measure of the number of pixels accommodated in each inch of your monitor’s display. It’s a metric that decides your...
  3. How to fix Windows Scaling issues for High-DPI devices

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix Windows Scaling issues for High-DPI devices: DPI stands for Dots Per Inch. It is used to represent the screen or display resolution. You can know the DPI of your laptop screen or monitor in the Display settings. The Surface Pro display is among the high DPI displays. When you use such devices, like Surface Book, Surface...
  4. anyone know how to fix dpi scaling issues?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    anyone know how to fix dpi scaling issues?: I've reset my PC about 4 times and used a system restore 8, because my dpi always messes up after playing Win32 applications like l4d2. i have a 1360x768 screen but now it says its the same resolution but its scrunched down to but seems like 1200 x700. ive tried driver...
  5. Is there anyway of fixing blurry apps without changing the DPI scaling?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there anyway of fixing blurry apps without changing the DPI scaling?: So my issue is that some of my apps (e.g. Audacity) looks blurry on my 14-inch laptop. I tried a few tutorials of changing the DPI but that just makes everything look smaller. Does anyone have the solution to fix this blurry issue without making everything look small?...
  6. Roaming profile error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Roaming profile error: Can anyone help me with this? I have already done 2 clean installs so far, and the last one I had restored from a backup on my external. I learned the hard way to back up your back up But for some reason not to long after my pc started to freeze up, not respond and then I got...
  7. DPI scaling fixed and cannot be altered

in Windows 10 Customization
    DPI scaling fixed and cannot be altered: Hi I am getting this when I try to change the DPI, I am curious cause originally it wasn't like this ( the scale and layout is fixed and cant be changed) but it happened after I played a game at fullscreen, namely epic battle fantasy 5. Could this be caused by a virus and can...
  8. Roaming Profile Adjusting DPI Scaling (Looking for Fix)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Roaming Profile Adjusting DPI Scaling (Looking for Fix): Hi guys, We have a roaming profile that we use on multiple pc's however each pc has a different screen size. Some are 4k screens, some are projectors, some are double projectors also some are normal monitors. Each time we log onto a PC with the roaming profile, Windows 10...
  9. DPI scaling on the second screen?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DPI scaling on the second screen?: Windows 10 Anniversary... I can go to 150% scaling in PRIMARY and MIRROR but when I use only the secondary screen (it's a TV) the DPI scaling is disabled... why? 63249
  10. High DPI scaling

in Windows 10 Support
    High DPI scaling: Hey, I bought a 4k screen yesterday and I have this annoying issue with scaling. In 100% I can't see anything, so the solution is windows scaling. The issue is that a lot of programs doesn't work well with this method and makes the app almost unusable. Example:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1803 projector dpi