Windows 10: Roaming with a USB cellular modem

Discus and support Roaming with a USB cellular modem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; While trying to roam internationally with a USB cellular modem I am unable to select any network other than the home network and therefore unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jjk0091, May 29, 2020.

1. jjk0091 Win User

Roaming with a USB cellular modem

While trying to roam internationally with a USB cellular modem I am unable to select any network other than the home network and therefore unable to connect. The instructions say you can chooseSearch for networks, and then select another cellular network, but there is no option to search. When I put the sim card in my phone I can search and connect to the local cellular network. I am using version 1909.

:)

jjk0091, May 29, 2020

2. Cellular Modem Windows 10 Creators Update

Hello Brian,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the exact error message you're getting when you encounter the blue screen?
    • Have you tried updating your cellular modem to its latest driver? You can contact the modem manufacturer to check the latest compatible driver for Windows 10.

Meanwhile, we suggest performing the steps on this article
    on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 29, 2020
  3. bro67 Win User
    Manage cellular connections - choose roaming operator

It will only connect to those providers that your carrier has a Roaming Agreement at no cost, or a cost if no agreement, as long as it is a Cellular radio that is the correct frequency and either TDMA/GSM/LTE or CDMA/LTE. depending on the cellular card in your laptop.

bro67, May 29, 2020
  4. bro67 Win User

Manage cellular connections - choose roaming operator

You cannot control what operators the card will connect to, unless you use a different SIM card and the Cellular radio is unlocked to allow you to use different carrier SIM cards. The reason that you do not want the card to just start connecting to any cellular tower, is because if you are on a country boarder, you could get hit with massive roaming charges.

bro67, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Roaming with a USB cellular modem - Similar Threads - Roaming USB cellular

2. USB Modem No Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Modem No Audio: I have a new USB Modem believed to be Conexant which I use for dial-out on Windows 11. It appears to dial out correctly but produces NO AUDIO. This makes the device useless as I don't know when to pick up. I have tried very many fixes, having Windows search for the best...
  3. Usb Modem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Usb Modem: Hello, I am using usb modem Huawei for the intenet on my pc and everything is working but the microsoft store and xbox app. When I switch to Wi-fi everything works fine. Why ? Error code : 0x80131500...
  4. Windows 10 PC 4G Cellular Modem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 PC 4G Cellular Modem: Hi,I have a windows 10 PC that has a Verizon 4G Cellular modem in it. The pc is not enabling the cellular modem upon startup. If I want to connect to the internet using the cell service, I have to put the PC into airplane mode and then back to normal. Then the PC will show...
  5. Ethernet Connection Disables Cellular Modem

Ethernet Connection Disables Cellular Modem: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 2004 with a DW5811e Snapdragon X7 LTE WWAN card for cellular access on my laptop and whenever I connect an ethernet cable to my system with routes, the cellular immediately turns off. If I remove any routes that use the ethernet connection, the...
  6. Sierra Wireless Cellular Modem not working

Sierra Wireless Cellular Modem not working: Recent updates have caused my cellular modem to stop functioning. All drivers are up to date. The modem functions perfectly on an older Win 8.1 machine. Have tried using the modem on three other systems that are all operating Win10 and all previously worked. All have the same...
  7. Cellular Broadband Modem

Cellular Broadband Modem: Cellular Broadband Modem: EM7345 has been working perfectly. Since some days - perhaps after an updating - the status of modem shows "No Service". Please help me to solve this problem in Windows 10 x64. Thank you....
  8. Active Ethernet connection disables Cellular Modem

Active Ethernet connection disables Cellular Modem: Folks, I came across an issue on my Windows 10 Enterprise Build 1803 with Cellular/Ethernet connections. I have a HP lt4120 Snapdragon X5 LTE installed in my notebook. I purchased it with the intent to work on the road and to leverage it for ICS. When I am connected...
  9. Manage cellular connections - choose roaming operator

Manage cellular connections - choose roaming operator: Hi Is there any way to manage cellular connections (mobile broadband) better in Windows 10? I would like to be able to see available operators and choose to which to connect. Maybe there is an app that gives you that level of control? Thanks for any suggestions. 113569
  10. Windows 10 sees ZTE USB 3G modem as a dialup connection, not cellular

Windows 10 sees ZTE USB 3G modem as a dialup connection, not cellular: Hello Everyone, I hope you're all doing well *Smile I have a 2GB/month data connection on a ZTE USB 3G modem. When I connect, it shows up as a dialup connection in Windows 10, meaning that there is no way for me to make it a metered connection. This morning, Windows ate...