Windows 10: Robocalls RE Windows OS for 10 is shutting down

Discus and support Robocalls RE Windows OS for 10 is shutting down in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got another robo call and was given a phone number to call. It stated that My OS under windows 10 had a license that was expiring and to call 835 245... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JillSolem, Mar 2, 2019.

1. JillSolem Win User

Robocalls RE Windows OS for 10 is shutting down

I got another robo call and was given a phone number to call. It stated that My OS under windows 10 had a license that was expiring and to call 835 245 3614 DO NOT CALL THEM as my system was shuttling down.

I wanted all to know this number and to NOT call it. Windows and Microsoft does not make contact as far as I know and NOT by phone and NOT as a robo call.

The con artists are creative and use many different come-ons to get access to your system. DO NOT CALL THEM. You can contact micro soft support as I have int he past. A sure way to tell is the grammar they use. If there is any grammatical error it is likely a con job.

Good luck and be careful of scams.

:)

JillSolem, Mar 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Robocalls RE Windows OS for 10 is shutting down - Similar Threads - Robocalls shutting down

2. Windows 10 shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 shut down: I can't shut down my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shut-down/4c0dcc26-48b1-4029-8890-367f81b552fc
  3. window 10 will not shut down

window 10 will not shut down: i have re-installed windows 10 from a new disc and i still have the same problem. i have tried all the trouble shoot problems disable this disable that and still it will not shut down. i was sent a link by somebody 3 moths ago when i had the same problem, i ran the link and...
  4. windows 10 will not shut down

windows 10 will not shut down: i have tried everything that people suggest but still have the problem. i have re-installed windows 10 but still the pc will not shut down. what do i need to do??...
  5. VirtualBox Crashes Windows 10 After Virtual OS Shuts Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VirtualBox Crashes Windows 10 After Virtual OS Shuts Down: This happened to me today and I want to help others prevent this from happening to them. I was finishing up what I was doing on Kali Linux using VirtualBox, when I shut down Kali from inside the OS. It froze for a second, thenblue screened. I got a Kernel Security Failure....
  6. Windows 10 shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 shuts down: After installing a critical update Windows turns my laptop off within 45 seconds of startup. Sometimes I get to my desktop but it turns off with a few seconds after that. Sometimes I get a Recovery screen with options to "See advanced repair options" or "Restart me PC". In...
  7. Windows 10 shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 shut down: When I shut down Windows 10 keeps my account logged in. How do I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-shut-down/e66b7a53-439e-41f0-b355-55fd1129b52d
  8. RE : sleep vs shut down

RE : sleep vs shut down: For 10 years I have been setting my laptops to go to sleep when closing the lids. I did that because a) laptop went back to desktop a lot faster, and b) I was told years ago that "hard shut down" using the power butter was not "healthy" for the computer. In any event,...
  9. windows 10 shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 shut down: windows 10 shuts down but computer will not turn off. Also, windows sucks up lots of memory when playing my FSX game. It stutters. 26025
  10. Windows 10 will not shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not shut down: Hey Everyone, I have a desktop that I ran the update on from windows 7 up to windows 10. When I go to shutdown on this system it appears to begin the shutdown process. However, after a few moments with black screens and appearing to have shut down, the PC near turns off...