Windows 10: Robocopy broken in Win 10 v2004?

Discus and support Robocopy broken in Win 10 v2004? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is robocopy in Win 10 v2004 totally borked? I have been using a batch file for 5 years now to robocopy my documents, desktop, etc to a folder on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BGood2, Jul 3, 2020.

1. BGood2 Win User

Robocopy broken in Win 10 v2004?

Is robocopy in Win 10 v2004 totally borked?

I have been using a batch file for 5 years now to robocopy my documents, desktop, etc to a folder on my Synology NAS. I bought a new Dell, upgraded it to v2004 kicking myself. I changed my script to robocopy from my NAS to my new PC. Everything appeared in the "failed" column. Eventually, running out of ideas, I copied robocopy.exe from my old Dell Win 10 v1909 and ran the same batch file using the old robocopy. Everything looks like it copied! But the log file generated had nearly no data inside and the format was a mess.

\\nas\home\robocopy \\nas\home\desktop %userprofile%\desktop /E /DCOPY:T /COPYRobocopy broken in Win 10 v2004? :DAT /EFSRAW /R:1 /W:3 /NP /log+:%userprofile%\documents\xfer_data.log

Once I got the data transferred to the new PC, I tried the script to back up data TO the NAS again. Nothing copied. Meanwhile, the ancient SyncToy still works like a champ.

:)

BGood2, Jul 3, 2020
  2. RBroberg Win User

Robocopy script no longer works after Windows 10 upgrade

I upgraded to WIN 10 from 7. I used Robocopy (with WIN 7) successfully. With WIN 10 I only get errors that Robocopy "is neither an internal nor external" program, yet I can see the Robocopy.EXE in the System folder. Scripts don't run at all. From the
    command line I get the same error with the command Robocopy /?. How can I make Robocopy work again?

Tx

RBroberg, Jul 3, 2020
  3. NormaJan Win User
    Is Robocopy available in Windows 10?

Original Title: Robocopy

Is Robocopy available in Windows 10?

NormaJan, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Robocopy broken in Win 10 v2004?

Robocopy infinite recursion

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Try running the /zb command from the article
    Robocopy
    for the Access Denied error and check if this helps.

If you are still facing any issues, then I would suggest you to post your query in

IT Pro TechNet forums

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Robocopy broken in Win 10 v2004?

1. Robocopy broken in Win 10 v2004? - Similar Threads - Robocopy broken v2004

2. win 10 broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 broken: SAD, all I get in this community forum of experts is junior solutions to professional problems. win 10 will not discover my network exists. win 10 did at one time. tried smb, network discovery, all services on, changed windows firewall. Edition Windows 10 Pro Version...
  3. variety of BSoD on win 10 v2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    variety of BSoD on win 10 v2004: I am getting a variety of BSoD errors - each time I reboot my session lasts for a while and then crashes with a new message (lately '21a' seems to be the most prevalent). I am at v2004 (H1) of Windows 10 Pro. When I do a 'sfc /scannow' I get this error upon completion:...
  4. Group Policies not saving. Win 10 v2004

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Group Policies not saving. Win 10 v2004: Hello, So I'm trying to disable anti virus, especially realtime protection, but every time I reboot, gpedit settings revert back to normal. Never had this issue before. I read some guy solved it by this method: did some digging and googling and found what caused it at...
  5. Camera issues on many pcs win 10 v2004??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Camera issues on many pcs win 10 v2004??: We offer support to local small businesses and we've seen a bunch of Lenovo and HP laptops all have the same issue lately where have recent updates to v2004 the cameras stop working and throw error codes. Privacy settings and reg settings all say the cameras are enabled. When...
  6. Win 10 v2004 won't start Outlook or Chrome on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 v2004 won't start Outlook or Chrome on startup: In the previous version, my Outlook 365 and Google Chrome would startup whenever I rebooted. Since I installed v2004, neither app will automatically startup. I checked Settings > Apps > Startup, and Outlook is not listed but Google is listed and the switch is ON. I also...
  7. Search Broken after v2004 Feature Update

in Cortana
    Search Broken after v2004 Feature Update: Does anyone have any advice on how to fix search being broken after v2004 feature update? - File Explorer unable to type anything in the search bar - Windows/ Start Menu unable to type anything to search - Search Icon/Bar unable to type anything or respond when click -...
  8. Win 10 v2004 & HP Device Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 v2004 & HP Device Drivers: I've got a relatively new HP laptop that became very erratic after the upgrade to Win 10 v2004. It appears to be a device driver problem. HP Support hasn't posted updated drivers for Win 10 v2004. Just about all of the drivers they do have posted are specified for ether Win...
  9. Win 10 v2004 update problem

Win 10 v2004 update problem: Since upgrading I noticed all my files are routed through One Drive cloud. Example Pictures folder used to be under This Computer with sub folders. Now it has all been placed in Cloud storage. Why did this happen? How do I undo it without loss of files? Thanks...
  10. Broken local network connection after v2004 update

Broken local network connection after v2004 update: Hi I have been using four systems on a home network for several years. It consists of a Windows 10 Enterprise PC; a Windows 10 Professional PC, and a dual boot PC with both systems also Windows 10 Professional. All are 64-bit and all have been updated to the latest v2004...