Windows 10: Robocopy command in CMD isn't working

Discus and support Robocopy command in CMD isn't working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm very conscious and careful about reserving the original date stamps of my files when moving or copying them in order to organize my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NabeelShahbaz, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Robocopy command in CMD isn't working

Hi there,

I'm very conscious and careful about reserving the original date stamps of my files when moving or copying them in order to organize my data. I've researched and found the Robocopy command. But my problem is that my PC can't access the source directory. Below is a screenshot just to let you know better. I'm not a computer nerd. But I can understand basics. I've tried Safecopy, Attribute magic and similar other applications. But either they're confusing, they don't copy everything or they change the datestamp even after selecting the options to not change the datestamps. The robocopy command seems to me the only hope. I'm moving files from my phone to my PC. I've tried to access 'C:\Windows\System32\PC\A51\Phone\Download\' manually but I find a shortcut of PC in system32 folder. I think Command prompt can't access the exact folder from this point. I'm really not sure what's the problem. Please help me in this regard.

Thank you!

Robocopy command in CMD isn't working ed28d862-aace-4ac3-82ef-10ec4c1e9114?upload=true.jpg

:)

NabeelShahbaz, Apr 17, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Jon Bonin Win User

Robocopy command in CMD isn't working

Robocopy command is not recognized

When I try and run robocopy, I get the following return statement within my command prompt:

'robocopy' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file

Is there any way to get this working? I would like to be able to use for transferring files around. Any help would be appreciated.

Jon Bonin, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Robocopy command in CMD isn't working

1. Robocopy command in CMD isn't working - Similar Threads - Robocopy command CMD

2. Robocopy element fail's in Robocopy but works fine in Copy command.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy element fail's in Robocopy but works fine in Copy command.: Command Prompt Copy Command Prompt works fine: Copy "C:\Users\Dennis\Documents\Tax Data\*.T*" "F:\Tax Data"Following command works fine except the Bolded element: ~*.T*Robocopy "C:\Users\Name\Documents\Tax Data" "F:\Tax Data" *.* /XF ~*.xls* ~*.docx ~*.pdf ~*.txt ~*.T* /E /XO...
  3. Robocopy element fail's in Robocopy but works fine in Copy command.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Robocopy element fail's in Robocopy but works fine in Copy command.: Command Prompt Copy Command Prompt works fine: Copy "C:\Users\Dennis\Documents\Tax Data\*.T*" "F:\Tax Data"Following command works fine except the Bolded element: ~*.T*Robocopy "C:\Users\Name\Documents\Tax Data" "F:\Tax Data" *.* /XF ~*.xls* ~*.docx ~*.pdf ~*.txt ~*.T* /E /XO...
  4. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  5. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  6. command shutdown dont work in cmd

in Windows 10 Customization
    command shutdown dont work in cmd: When enter comand "shutdown -s " in CMD get message " shutdown' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" . What must do to solve this problem?...
  7. All CMD Commands No longer Work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All CMD Commands No longer Work: Hi all, When I restarted my pc this morning I noticed a tool that requires a CMD command to run properly wasnt working and was giving the error: 'cls' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I thought that it was just a program...
  8. Cipher command on cmd not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cipher command on cmd not working: [ATTACH] When I try to use the cipher command on cmd, this happens. Can anyone help? I am using windows 10 home edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cipher-command-on-cmd-not-working/284fa5fd-7158-4303-a9e0-394f7a00fed8
  9. Command not working in Windows terminal but working in cmd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Command not working in Windows terminal but working in cmd: Hello, I am trying to use windows terminal, however I can't use any command see picture. I've tried to reinstall it and run as administrator but doesn't change anything Do you have an idea of what I can do? Kind regards [ATTACH]...
  10. Robocopy command is not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robocopy command is not recognized: When I try and run robocopy, I get the following return statement within my command prompt: 'robocopy' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file Is there any way to get this working? I would like to be able to use for...