Windows 10: Robocopy command is not recognized

Discus and support Robocopy command is not recognized in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try and run robocopy, I get the following return statement within my command prompt: 'robocopy' is not recognized as an internal or external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jon Bonin, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Jon Bonin Win User

Robocopy command is not recognized

When I try and run robocopy, I get the following return statement within my command prompt:

'robocopy' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file

Is there any way to get this working? I would like to be able to use for transferring files around. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Jon Bonin, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Robocopy command is not recognized :)

3. Robocopy infinite recursion

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Try running the /zb command from the article
    Robocopy
    for the Access Denied error and check if this helps.

If you are still facing any issues, then I would suggest you to post your query in

IT Pro TechNet forums

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 14, 2019
  4. ryanly Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Robocopy command is not recognized - Similar Threads - Robocopy command recognized

2. Robocopy element fail's in Robocopy but works fine in Copy command.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy element fail's in Robocopy but works fine in Copy command.: Command Prompt Copy Command Prompt works fine: Copy "C:\Users\Dennis\Documents\Tax Data\*.T*" "F:\Tax Data"Following command works fine except the Bolded element: ~*.T*Robocopy "C:\Users\Name\Documents\Tax Data" "F:\Tax Data" *.* /XF ~*.xls* ~*.docx ~*.pdf ~*.txt ~*.T* /E /XO...
  3. Robocopy element fail's in Robocopy but works fine in Copy command.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Robocopy element fail's in Robocopy but works fine in Copy command.: Command Prompt Copy Command Prompt works fine: Copy "C:\Users\Dennis\Documents\Tax Data\*.T*" "F:\Tax Data"Following command works fine except the Bolded element: ~*.T*Robocopy "C:\Users\Name\Documents\Tax Data" "F:\Tax Data" *.* /XF ~*.xls* ~*.docx ~*.pdf ~*.txt ~*.T* /E /XO...
  4. missing some files and folders using Robocopy command

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    missing some files and folders using Robocopy command: We are planning to midgrade our fileserver from server 2012 R2 to 2019. When running robocopy to transfer files and fodders to 2012 R server to 2019, it shows no failed. However, if I check drive size and files copied on these two server, they are different.2012 R2 shows...
  5. Robocopy command in CMD isn't working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robocopy command in CMD isn't working: Hi there, I'm very conscious and careful about reserving the original date stamps of my files when moving or copying them in order to organize my data. I've researched and found the Robocopy command. But my problem is that my PC can't access the source directory. Below is a...
  6. HOW: Robocopy command to a batch-file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOW: Robocopy command to a batch-file: This working fine in a Command Prompt: robocopy "C:\¤Head Folder\Folder 01\Old folder" "C:\¤Head Folder\Folder 01\New folder" /mov /minage:930 How do I make a Batch file .BAT with that RoboCopy command...
  7. Commands on command prompt are showing up as "not recognized"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Commands on command prompt are showing up as "not recognized": I executed some commands like ipconfig,netsh, cipher, etc etc but they all showed up as "not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". I have worked with these commands before and they were working properly until today. What could be the...
  8. A command is not recognized as an internal or external command

in Windows 10 News
    A command is not recognized as an internal or external command: [ATTACH] I am sure you had tried launching programs like ‘CMD’, ‘DISM’ directly from the Run prompt. Ever wondered how they launched instantly? How is Windows OS able to find where its located? A simple example is when you create a [...] This post A command is not recognized...
  9. Tough Command Line Backup using Robocopy or Xcopy

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Tough Command Line Backup using Robocopy or Xcopy: I must backup my BSOD'd PC from the command line before re-installing Windows 10, but Robocopy is glacially slow and Xcopy emits"Insufficient Memory" (due to long pathnames). I am now running Windows 10 from a USB 3.0 drive downloaded from MSft which brought me to [Install...
  10. Command Prompt didn't recognize one of the commands

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt didn't recognize one of the commands: This evening I tried to get into command prompt by right-click " run in administrator " This part had no problem but after this --it's not. What I am trying to fix MBR issue on my laptop. I found the link that I search on Google and tried it. Here is the link below: How...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. robocopy not recognized

2. robocopy is not recognized as an internal or external command

3. robocopy not recognized as a batch command

4. robocopy is not recognised,
  5. robocopy is not recognized,
  6. robocopy is not recognized as an internal win10,
  7. robocopy is not recognized as an internal command windows 10,
  8. windows 10 roboocoy not recognized