Windows 10: Robocopy - Copying Files without Content?!

Discus and support Robocopy - Copying Files without Content?! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use Robocopy frequently to copy large folder structures, recently I've found a situation where many files were copied, names, dates, sizes all match,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JKriv2, Jun 14, 2022.

1. JKriv2 Win User

Robocopy - Copying Files without Content?!

I use Robocopy frequently to copy large folder structures, recently I've found a situation where many files were copied, names, dates, sizes all match, but many are missing content. Some were .xml files so I can open those in Notepad and see the content is missing in the target/copied file compared to the source file. There are many other files types that this happened with. Users attempt to open the files and then error. There wasn't anything in the log that anything came up. When I've run another Robocopy nothing is found as different needing to recopy the files. Is there any bug or known is

:)

JKriv2, Jun 14, 2022

2. Robocopy Error 2 - copyying folder in dropbox

I have successfully created and used the following batch file in windows10

robocopy C:\Users\Julie\Documents\Test C:\Users\Julie\Documents\accounts-backup
    pause

However when I run the batch below to copy the contents of a folder in Dropbox I get

ERROR 2 (0x00000002) Accessing Source Directory C:\Users\Julie\Dropbox\accounts\
    The system cannot find the file specified.

robocopy C:\Users\Julie\Dropbox\accounts C:\Users\Julie\Documents\accounts-backup
    pause

Any suggestions to resolve this

ColinKinsella, Jun 14, 2022
  3. sba923 Win User
    sba923, Jun 14, 2022
  4. Robocopy - Copying Files without Content?!

Robocopy vs Copy-paste

Actually, that command won't list files that are not being copied BUT it lists all the directories that it traverses. To suppress that. simply tack on a /NDL (No Directory Listing).

In the sample output below, note that the folder I am mirroring has 820 directories and 2708 files. The folders are already synced so not a single file or directory is displayed in the output.

Code:

hsehestedt, Jun 14, 2022
Thema:

Robocopy - Copying Files without Content?!

1. Robocopy - Copying Files without Content?! - Similar Threads - Robocopy Copying Files

2. Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?: Evening, I'm just after a bit of help, I have a folder on my PC which has a load of files from my Nikon Camera - for my current example 1700 at around 42GB, I usually copy these to an external SDD but I'm guessing due to the SSD the speed tends to drop off so I start around...
  3. Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?: Evening, I'm just after a bit of help, I have a folder on my PC which has a load of files from my Nikon Camera - for my current example 1700 at around 42GB, I usually copy these to an external SDD but I'm guessing due to the SSD the speed tends to drop off so I start around...
  4. Robocopy - copy changed files only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy - copy changed files only: Hi, I have restored not recovered a PC from a Windows 7 backup taken 28th June. I have a Robocopy of the PC taken 30th June. I would like to now copy to the PC any files which changed after I took the Windows 7 backup on the 28th. I specifically do not want to copy any files...
  5. Robocopy - Copying Files without Content?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Robocopy - Copying Files without Content?!: I use Robocopy frequently to copy large folder structures, recently I've found a situation where many files were copied, names, dates, sizes all match, but many are missing content. Some were .xml files so I can open those in Notepad and see the content is missing in the...
  6. Robocopy - Copying Files without Content?!

Robocopy - Copying Files without Content?!: I use Robocopy frequently to copy large folder structures, recently I've found a situation where many files were copied, names, dates, sizes all match, but many are missing content. Some were .xml files so I can open those in Notepad and see the content is missing in the...
  7. robocopy only copies a couple of files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    robocopy only copies a couple of files: Initially I'd like to simply copy updated or missing files from the source to the destination locally...make a backup basically. I created an empty directory "testfolder" on the destination. I've tried NTFS and FAT32 destination drives initially I thought FAT32 was the issue....
  8. robocopy only copies a couple of files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    robocopy only copies a couple of files: Initially I'd like to simply copy updated or missing files from the source to the destination locally...make a backup basically. I created an empty directory "testfolder" on the destination. I've tried NTFS and FAT32 destination drives initially I thought FAT32 was the issue....
  9. robocopy only copies a couple of files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Robocopy not copying newer file

Robocopy not copying newer file: I have a file in a OneDrive folder named bernie3_journal.txt. It has today's date which is 10/7. I'm trying to use robocopy to copy the file to my son's OneDrive folder as shown below. The bernie3_journal.txt file in my son's OneDrive folder has a date stamp of 8/5. I've...