Windows 10: ROBOCOPY Error 5 -BUT Using

Discus and support ROBOCOPY Error 5 -BUT Using in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; SYSTEM: Win 10 Pro (updated 8.3.2019 History: The Robocopy batch I wrote was working well for years. But due to another Problem MS Support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bonzadog, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Bonzadog Win User

ROBOCOPY Error 5 -BUT Using

SYSTEM:

Win 10 Pro (updated 8.3.2019

History:

The Robocopy batch I wrote was working well for years.

But due to another Problem MS Support re-installed my system but kept my files in place.

Since then robocopy fails on some directories with Error 5, sometimes Error 8 or 9.

I so I looking in the MS forum and corrected my scripts to include a /SEC and /SECFIX - which was recommended in this case.

robocopy "D:\Eigene Dateien" "%DEV%\Eigene Dateien" /log:"d:\EigenDatei.log" /V /s /mir /SEC /SECFIX /xd "D:\Exclude_Eigene_Dateien.txt"

however I am still getting the same Error 5 (in the above case). So the NTFS has still issure with permissions.

But if I use the XCOPY

xcopy "D:\Eigene Dateien" "%DEV%\Eigene Dateien" /f /h /z /D /E /Y /I /EXCLUDEROBOCOPY Error 5 -BUT Using :D:\Exclude_Eigene_Dateien.txt

This works with any problems. (apart from the known problem with long files names)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROBOCOPY :: Robust File Copy for Windows

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Started : Samstag, 9. M„rz 2019 15:27:54

Source : D:\Eigene Dateien\

Dest : G:\PC1-BACKUP\Eigene Dateien\

Files : *.*

Exc Dirs : D:\Exclude_Eigene_Dateien.txt

Options : *.* /V /S /E /DCOPYROBOCOPY Error 5 -BUT Using :DA /COPYROBOCOPY Error 5 -BUT Using :DATS /SECFIX /PURGE /MIR /R:1000000 /W:30

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

38 D:\Eigene Dateien\

2019/03/09 15:27:55 ERROR 5 (0x00000005) Copying NTFS Security to Destination Directory G:\PC1-BACKUP\Eigene Dateien\

Access is denied.

Total Copied Skipped Mismatch FAILED Extras

Dirs : 1 0 1 0 0 0

Files : 0 0 0 0 0 0

Bytes : 0 0 0 0 0 0

Times : 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00

Ended : Samstag, 9. M„rz 2019 15:27:55

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Can someone please assist?

:)

Bonzadog, Mar 9, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Robocopy infinite recursion

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Try running the /zb command from the article
    Robocopy
    for the Access Denied error and check if this helps.

If you are still facing any issues, then I would suggest you to post your query in

IT Pro TechNet forums

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 9, 2019
  4. ROBOCOPY Error 5 -BUT Using

Robocopy invalid parameter 3

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here but this script keeps telling me that a parameter is invalid and I can't figure out why.. I moved the parameters to a variable because somebody suggested that might work but I also tried

Robocopy "$StartLocation" "$EndLocation" /SEC /E /XX /MINLAD:1 /MOV /A-:SH /XF "*FULL*.bak"

Keep getting this error

Started : Thursday, December 13, 2018 5:11:51 PM

Source - L:\FakeLocation

Dest - \\ThisIsA\FakeLocation\ButThereAreNo\Spaces

NULL

Files :

Options : /DCOPYROBOCOPY Error 5 -BUT Using :DA /COPYROBOCOPY Error 5 -BUT Using :DAT /R:1000000 /W:30

NULL

NULL

ERROR : Invalid Parameter #3 : " /SEC"

Below is my shoddy code

PARAM($StartLocation="L:\FakeLocation",

$EndLocation="\\ThisIsA\FakeLocation\ButThereAreNo\Spaces",

$Job='1')

$Options = "/SEC /E /XX /MINLAD:1 /MOV /A-:SH /XF ""*FULL*.bak"""

$Options2 = "/SEC /E /XX /MINLAD:7 /MOV /A-:SH"

$Options3 = "/SEC /E /XX /MINLAD:1 /MOV /A-:SH"

IF ($JOB='1')

{

Robocopy "$StartLocation" "$EndLocation" $Options

Robocopy "$StartLocation" "$EndLocation" $Options2

}

IF ($JOB='2')

{

Robocopy "$StartLocation" "$EndLocation" $Options3

}

Michael Lanahan, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

ROBOCOPY Error 5 -BUT Using

1. ROBOCOPY Error 5 -BUT Using - Similar Threads - ROBOCOPY Error Using

2. ROBOCOPY - "The Parameter is incorrect." error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ROBOCOPY - "The Parameter is incorrect." error: I think there's a bug with "robocopy". I have a file, for whatever reason which has an invalid timestamp... but that I believe isn't the issue...K:\>dir IMG_3996.JPG Volume in drive K is photos Volume Serial Number is 0001-0123A Directory of K:\ 01/01/1970 10:49 AM 1,571,541...
  3. ROBOCOPY - "The Parameter is incorrect." error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ROBOCOPY - "The Parameter is incorrect." error: I think there's a bug with "robocopy". I have a file, for whatever reason which has an invalid timestamp... but that I believe isn't the issue...K:\>dir IMG_3996.JPG Volume in drive K is photos Volume Serial Number is 0001-0123A Directory of K:\ 01/01/1970 10:49 AM 1,571,541...
  4. robocopy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    robocopy: Hi robocopylog Total Copied ?1055, 197, log.txt818?/MIR /MT:8 /r:2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/robocopy/dca938b6-3089-4c84-ac33-6ae7c255f0b5
  5. robocopy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    robocopy: Hi robocopylog Total Copied ?1055, 197, log.txt818?/MIR /MT:8 /r:2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/robocopy/dca938b6-3089-4c84-ac33-6ae7c255f0b5
  6. robocopy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. is this Robocopy behavior a sign from Robocopy of fault or Errors ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    is this Robocopy behavior a sign from Robocopy of fault or Errors ?: the Indicator you see in the Image below highlighted in Red is Supposed to stay at the bottom and next to the file that is being copied but today while i was copying 300 gb of data like for example files from 1 to 100 it stayed next to file number 30 and followed this file...
  8. Robocopy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Robocopy: I like Robocopy and used it for a long time but after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, it got in a loop when I tried to back up via the Documents and Settings Junction. I know that I didn’t change permissions on this folder. But If I try to open it, I get "Access...
  9. Net Use Error 5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Net Use Error 5: I'm running from a command window opened with admin privligies. I'm trying to create a mapped drive of f: from pc1 a windows 10 pc to another win 10 pc2 on the same network sub-domain. net use N: \\pc1\f$ /user:pc1\user1 password /persistent:yes Causes "Error 5...
  10. Using RoboCopy

in Windows 10 Support
    Using RoboCopy: I'm trying to use RoboCopy to backup my data files to a USB stick and External HDD. I created a folder in each destination called DataBackup and run the following command. robocopy "d:\datafiles" "e:\databackup /e Problem is it doesn't copy to that folder. It simply...