Windows 10: robocopy files but exclude files in root

Discus and support robocopy files but exclude files in root in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I want to copy this directory, but exclude the files in root a,b,c:Source:c:\src\test\ - a.txt - b.txt - c.txt - sub1\ - d.txt - sub2\... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sba123, Apr 8, 2022.

1. sba123 Win User

robocopy files but exclude files in root

Hello,I want to copy this directory, but exclude the files in root a,b,c:Source:c:\src\test\ - a.txt - b.txt - c.txt - sub1\ - d.txt - sub2\ - e.txtDestination:c:\dest\test\ - sub1\ - d.txt - sub2\ - e.txtI tried:- robocopy c:\src\test c:\dest\test /s /xd c:\src\test => a,b,c are copied :- robocopy

:)

sba123, Apr 8, 2022
  2. MCF_895 Win User

File History won't exclude folders

I found at first that ChangoM's suggestion didn't work. For example, trying to select the Dropbox root folder didn't work. I found that if I drilled a bit further into the Dropbox folder, I could successfully add each Dropbox subfolder (weird but true).

For example

This would add to the list of excluded folders correctly: C:\Users\Martin\Dropbox\Private

This wouldn't: C:\Users\Martin\Dropbox

So, it worked for me, with tinkering.

MCF_895, Apr 8, 2022
  3. GillBatez Win User
    Excluded File Types

I want to exclude .jpg files from custom scans since AFAIK they do not carry malware. It would seem like a simple task, but what is the format of this exclusion list? In the past one usually made a list like: .jpg,.bmp,.gif etc... is it the same for Windows
    Defender in Windows 10? Nowhere can I find that simple bit of information. Go to Defender help and it dumps you here to sift through thousands and thousands of posts. What a system.

Can anyone give me the format of the excluded file type list? It seems Defender doesn't care what you put there. You could type in the lord's prayer for all it cares.

GillBatez, Apr 8, 2022
  4. robocopy files but exclude files in root

File History won't exclude folders

I just tried to exclude C:\Users\Donny\Downloads using the legacy control panel File History interface. When I clicked "Select Folder" the folder was added to the excluded folders list. When I clicked "Save changes" and went back into the excluded folders
    list, C:\Users\Donny\Downloads was not listed at all.

So certainly not fixed for me.

Donny Murgatroyd, Apr 8, 2022
Thema:

robocopy files but exclude files in root

1. robocopy files but exclude files in root - Similar Threads - robocopy files exclude

2. ROBOCOPY fails copying files from source root

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ROBOCOPY fails copying files from source root: When copying files from source root, it seems that ROBOCOPY see the files as directories and the resoult is, that the filename become a directoiry name on targetHow can I prevent thatMy code:$FileName = Get-Date.tostring"MM-dd-yyyy---HH-mm-ss"$oldpaths = Get-ChildItem...
  3. ROBOCOPY fails copying files from source root

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ROBOCOPY fails copying files from source root: When copying files from source root, it seems that ROBOCOPY see the files as directories and the resoult is, that the filename become a directoiry name on targetHow can I prevent thatMy code:$FileName = Get-Date.tostring"MM-dd-yyyy---HH-mm-ss"$oldpaths = Get-ChildItem...
  4. ROBOCOPY fails copying files from source root

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Files excluded from sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files excluded from sync: Hi,I have some audio files that will not open anymore. It says under the "status" colomn that the files are "excluded from sync". What does this mean? And how do I get my audio files to play again?Thanks....
  6. Files excluded from sync

Files excluded from sync: Hi,I have some audio files that will not open anymore. It says under the "status" colomn that the files are "excluded from sync". What does this mean? And how do I get my audio files to play again?Thanks....
  7. robocopy files but exclude files in root

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    robocopy files but exclude files in root: Hello,I want to copy this directory, but exclude the files in root a,b,c:Source:c:\src\test\ - a.txt - b.txt - c.txt - sub1\ - d.txt - sub2\ - e.txtDestination:c:\dest\test\ - sub1\ - d.txt - sub2\ - e.txtI tried:- robocopy c:\src\test...
  8. robocopy files but exclude files in root

robocopy files but exclude files in root: Hello,I want to copy this directory, but exclude the files in root a,b,c:Source:c:\src\test\ - a.txt - b.txt - c.txt - sub1\ - d.txt - sub2\ - e.txtDestination:c:\dest\test\ - sub1\ - d.txt - sub2\ - e.txtI tried:- robocopy c:\src\test...
  9. robocopy backup of important files

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    robocopy backup of important files: hi, I have a standard Windows 10 build and I'm using y to backup my data to an external drive. The goal is just to capture all my data so if the PC fails/gets stolen etc. I can restore my data on to another PC. I'm doing a backup of c:\users\ as this seems to capture...
  10. Robocopy exclude

in Windows 10 Support
    Robocopy exclude: Hello everyone, How do I exclude System Volume Information in Robocopy Windows 10? I tried XD\ "System Volume Information" "$Recycle.bin" System Volume Information doesn't work. Recycle.bin does. Don Cole 105420