Windows 10: Robocopy information

Discus and support Robocopy information in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As Robocopy is run silently after hours, is there some way to find out at what time it started and finished the task? Some kind of a log file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IvanDenisovich, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Robocopy information

As Robocopy is run silently after hours, is there some way to find out at what time it started and finished the task? Some kind of a log file indicating start and finish times?

All help appreciated.

:)

IvanDenisovich, Sep 15, 2020
  2. cShane Win User

Robocopy multi-threaded copies

Thanks. I
    posted
    a question there.

Shane.

cShane, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Robocopy speed question

I have 2 large files (total 210 GB) being copied by Robocopy between 2 external drives. Task Manager under "Disk" indicates a transfer speed of 30 MB/s.

A straightforward calculation indicates that it should take 117 minutes to complete the transfer. In practice, however, I am noticing a time to completion of about 250 minutes, or more than double the theoretical calculation.

Can anyone please explain this large discrepancy or, alternatively, suggest some way to improve on this performance? With Robocopy I use switches /mir /xo /mt:80.

All suggestions appreciated.

IvanDenisovich, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Robocopy information

Robocopy command is not recognized

Well, that's good news! It tells you there is nothing wrong with robocopy itself. Now please let's have a screenshot of this sequnce:

1. Press the Windows key + R
    2. Type cmd.exe and press Enter.

You should get a black frame. The prompt should read C:\Windows\System32
    3. Type echo %path% and press Enter.

Frederik Long, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Robocopy information

1. Robocopy information - Similar Threads - Robocopy information

2. ROBOCOPY: quirky behavior after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ROBOCOPY: quirky behavior after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME: I love using ROBOCOPY to perform my file backups but just after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME occurs it appears to no longer perform a DIFFERENTIAL backup. Instead, ROBOCOPY starts copying as if it were the very first time. I know there is a 'DST' optional flag available but when...
  3. ROBOCOPY: quirky behavior after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ROBOCOPY: quirky behavior after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME: I love using ROBOCOPY to perform my file backups but just after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME occurs it appears to no longer perform a DIFFERENTIAL backup. Instead, ROBOCOPY starts copying as if it were the very first time. I know there is a 'DST' optional flag available but when...
  4. ROBOCOPY: quirky behavior after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Robocopy Backup Files are no longer visible or accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy Backup Files are no longer visible or accessible: I've been using Robocopy for years to backup folders. All of a sudden, my backup folders and files are no longer visible or accessible. I've tried removing system and hidden file attributes which I never had to do before but that didn't help. I've also tried all the...
  6. Robocopy Backup Files are no longer visible or accessible

Robocopy Backup Files are no longer visible or accessible: I've been using Robocopy for years to backup folders. All of a sudden, my backup folders and files are no longer visible or accessible. I've tried removing system and hidden file attributes which I never had to do before but that didn't help. I've also tried all the...
  7. Windows 11 Task Scheduler Robocopy

Windows 11 Task Scheduler Robocopy: I have a simple batch file with a robocopy command which runs perfectly by itself. The batch file will not run in Task Scheduler. It worked in Windows 10 Task Scheduler but not in Windows 11. All Task Scheduler settings are the same as the one I used in Windows 10. I read...
  8. Windows 11 Task Scheduler Robocopy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Task Scheduler Robocopy: I have a simple batch file with a robocopy command which runs perfectly by itself. The batch file will not run in Task Scheduler. It worked in Windows 10 Task Scheduler but not in Windows 11. All Task Scheduler settings are the same as the one I used in Windows 10. I read...
  9. ROBOCOPY - "The Parameter is incorrect." error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ROBOCOPY - "The Parameter is incorrect." error: I think there's a bug with "robocopy". I have a file, for whatever reason which has an invalid timestamp... but that I believe isn't the issue...K:\>dir IMG_3996.JPG Volume in drive K is photos Volume Serial Number is 0001-0123A Directory of K:\ 01/01/1970 10:49 AM 1,571,541...
  10. ROBOCOPY - "The Parameter is incorrect." error

ROBOCOPY - "The Parameter is incorrect." error: I think there's a bug with "robocopy". I have a file, for whatever reason which has an invalid timestamp... but that I believe isn't the issue...K:\>dir IMG_3996.JPG Volume in drive K is photos Volume Serial Number is 0001-0123A Directory of K:\ 01/01/1970 10:49 AM 1,571,541...