Windows 10: Robocopy information

Discus and support Robocopy information in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As Robocopy is run silently after hours, is there some way to find out at what time it started and finished the task? Some kind of a log file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IvanDenisovich, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Robocopy information

As Robocopy is run silently after hours, is there some way to find out at what time it started and finished the task? Some kind of a log file indicating start and finish times?

All help appreciated.

:)

IvanDenisovich, Sep 15, 2020
  2. cShane Win User

Robocopy multi-threaded copies

Thanks. I
    posted
    a question there.

Shane.

cShane, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Robocopy speed question

I have 2 large files (total 210 GB) being copied by Robocopy between 2 external drives. Task Manager under "Disk" indicates a transfer speed of 30 MB/s.

A straightforward calculation indicates that it should take 117 minutes to complete the transfer. In practice, however, I am noticing a time to completion of about 250 minutes, or more than double the theoretical calculation.

Can anyone please explain this large discrepancy or, alternatively, suggest some way to improve on this performance? With Robocopy I use switches /mir /xo /mt:80.

All suggestions appreciated.

IvanDenisovich, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Robocopy information

Robocopy command is not recognized

Well, that's good news! It tells you there is nothing wrong with robocopy itself. Now please let's have a screenshot of this sequnce:

1. Press the Windows key + R
    2. Type cmd.exe and press Enter.

You should get a black frame. The prompt should read C:\Windows\System32
    3. Type echo %path% and press Enter.

Frederik Long, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Robocopy information

1. Robocopy information - Similar Threads - Robocopy information

2. Robocopy speed question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Robocopy speed question: I have 2 large files total 210 GB being copied by Robocopy between 2 external drives. Task Manager under "Disk" indicates a transfer speed of 30 MB/s. A straightforward calculation indicates that it should take 117 minutes to complete the transfer. In practice, however,...
  3. Cannot backup or robocopy windowsimagefile

Cannot backup or robocopy windowsimagefile: I am unable to either backup this file using File History, or copy it using a Robocopy script. Robocopy simply "skips" it, according to the result of the script from the cmd command. I suspect is has to do with all the permissions requirements, but have made sure I log in...
  4. Problem with Robocopy GUI, does not copy/mirror

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Robocopy GUI, does not copy/mirror: Hi 3 PC's Windows 10 fully updated I have used Robocopy on three PC's for a couple of years. I have a USB that I use at work then when I get home I mirror the USB to my PC's This has always worked well but now on one of my PC's nothing changes in the Target older. My...
  5. Hi. I need to use Robocopy to copy all email PST files from my Win 10 PC to a NAS Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hi. I need to use Robocopy to copy all email PST files from my Win 10 PC to a NAS Drive: I have mapped a drive N:\ to the NAS I have tried robocopy c:\*.pst N:\ /s but there is a syntax error. Appreciate any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-need-to-use-robocopy-to-copy-all-email-pst/f9ce093a-a511-4b66-82eb-77e912594c5d
  6. Robocopy broken in Win 10 v2004?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robocopy broken in Win 10 v2004?: Is robocopy in Win 10 v2004 totally borked? I have been using a batch file for 5 years now to robocopy my documents, desktop, etc to a folder on my Synology NAS. I bought a new Dell, upgraded it to v2004 kicking myself. I changed my script to robocopy from my NAS to my new...
  7. Robocopy options

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Robocopy options: I have a batch file that contains this line Code: robocopy "E:\ame\Documents\_kunddata" "\\DESKTOP-2S2F2DJ\Backup\Kunddata" /MIR /W:1 /R:1 /LOG:C:\TEMP\BACKUP.LOG In the log file I get this Code: Options : *.* /S /E /DCOPY:DA /COPY:DAT /PURGE /MIR /R:1 /W:1 So there are som...
  8. ROBOCOPY Log File Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    ROBOCOPY Log File Question: Hi Folks, I have been tinkering on and off with the Robocopy command to copy essential documents and files to an SD Card automatically, several times a day (this after my wife's laptop with SSD went belly-up and she lost her most recent work). At the moment, there is a...
  9. Robocopy Syntax required

Robocopy Syntax required: Hi I have a shortcut with the following script C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Robocopy.exe /MIR "C:\Users\Jandd\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default" J:\CHROME_BOOKMARKS_BACKUP /SEC Bookmark* Under Windows 7 this script copied the two Bookmarks files and put them in my...
  10. Robocopy Syntax Required

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Robocopy Syntax Required: Hi I have a Robocopy script for backing up my files. It always worked ok under Windows 7 but since I upgraded to Windows 10 it is now treating every file as "modified" so it takes a lot longer to backup my files. My script is: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Robocopy.exe I:\DATA...