Windows 10: Robocopy missing some files and folders

Discus and support Robocopy missing some files and folders in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We are planning to midgrade our fileserver from server 2012 R2 to 2019. When running robocopy to transfer files and fodders to 2012 R server to 2019,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by chicagotech, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Robocopy missing some files and folders

We are planning to midgrade our fileserver from server 2012 R2 to 2019. When running robocopy to transfer files and fodders to 2012 R server to 2019, it shows no failed. However, if I check drive size and files copied on these two server, they are different.2012 R2 shows 113Gb and 299,475 Files and 22,932 Folders.2019 showsWhy? Is it possible some hidden files and folders don't copy over?

:)

chicagotech, Aug 17, 2021

2. Robocopy copies folders not in Documents to my backup Documents folder on 2nd drive.

Two things:

• You must surroound your folder names with double quotes:

robocopy "C:\Users\my name\Documents . . ." "D:\Dropbox\my name\Documents
      . . ."
    • Robocopy often hides target folders, causing users to think they are missing. Look for hidden folders.

Frederik Long, Aug 17, 2021
  3. Robocopy Error 2 - copyying folder in dropbox

I have successfully created and used the following batch file in windows10

robocopy C:\Users\Julie\Documents\Test C:\Users\Julie\Documents\accounts-backup
    pause

However when I run the batch below to copy the contents of a folder in Dropbox I get

ERROR 2 (0x00000002) Accessing Source Directory C:\Users\Julie\Dropbox\accounts\
    The system cannot find the file specified.

robocopy C:\Users\Julie\Dropbox\accounts C:\Users\Julie\Documents\accounts-backup
    pause

Any suggestions to resolve this

ColinKinsella, Aug 17, 2021
  4. Robocopy missing some files and folders

Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

Robocopy missing some files and folders

1. Robocopy missing some files and folders - Similar Threads - Robocopy missing files

2. SOME Missing Files and Folders after Update to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SOME Missing Files and Folders after Update to Windows 11: Good afternoon,A relative has recently updated their laptop to windows 11 and is missing some data, typically very important data!All items were kept in subfolders within a main folder on the desktop. This was all backed up to an external hard drive but not backed up before...
  3. Robocopy failing on files in folder synced to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy failing on files in folder synced to OneDrive: Robocopy is failing on files in folder synced to OneDrive. I am getting this error New File 31338 C:\Clancy\A_Prime8\AA_FY23\Microsoft\Program - TerryClancy\Guides\MigratingCustomersFromXXXXToYYYY.docx 2023/05/10 10:59:51 ERROR 1 0x00000001 Copying File...
  4. Robocopy failing on files in folder synced to OneDrive

Robocopy failing on files in folder synced to OneDrive: Robocopy is failing on files in folder synced to OneDrive. I am getting this error New File 31338 C:\Clancy\A_Prime8\AA_FY23\Microsoft\Program - TerryClancy\Guides\MigratingCustomersFromXXXXToYYYY.docx 2023/05/10 10:59:51 ERROR 1 0x00000001 Copying File...
  5. Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.: G'day,I've made and have been using a batch file to back up my files. I was using xcopy, but I added a new folder which contains directories which are larger than the 254 character limit, so I started using robocopy. The only problem is, robocopy doesn't seem to support...
  6. Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.: G'day,I've made and have been using a batch file to back up my files. I was using xcopy, but I added a new folder which contains directories which are larger than the 254 character limit, so I started using robocopy. The only problem is, robocopy doesn't seem to support...
  7. Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.

8. missing some files and folders using Robocopy command

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    missing some files and folders using Robocopy command: We are planning to midgrade our fileserver from server 2012 R2 to 2019. When running robocopy to transfer files and fodders to 2012 R server to 2019, it shows no failed. However, if I check drive size and files copied on these two server, they are different.2012 R2 shows...
  9. File Explorer - This PC folder - is missing some folder

File Explorer - This PC folder - is missing some folder: Hello, File Explorer - This PC folder - is missing some folder than are present under C:\Users\billf How can I fix "This PC" folder? Thanks, Bill Fee...
  10. Some folders are missing in File History

Some folders are missing in File History: I have a strange issue because I can find some folders in Properties but File History panel doesn’t show them. How can I make them visible from the Control Panel?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. robocopy file history