Windows 10: Robocopy My data backup batch no longer works because of the new version, why? what did...

Discus and support Robocopy My data backup batch no longer works because of the new version, why? what did... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi to all, Recently, I noticed a backup problem. The new directories are well copied in the destination directorys but not the new files that go with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Elrick75, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Elrick75 Win User

Robocopy My data backup batch no longer works because of the new version, why? what did...

Hi to all,

Recently, I noticed a backup problem. The new directories are well copied in the destination directorys but not the new files that go with them! The problem is that there is obviously no error message in log file generated, the copy is done as if everything works correctly, it's extremely annoying.

Not having changed anything in my backup scripts, I noticed that the Robocopy command was updated by Microsoft on September 16, 2020 KB4577069

I checked the syntax with what I already have in my scripts and I don't see any particular change, so I don't understand the reason of this bug.

Extract from my script batch file :

start /wait /min Robocopy "G:\_PHOTOS" T:\ /E /EFSRAW /NP /XO /ETA /PURGE /R:0 /LOG+:!log1!

Extract from log file:

FindNextFile Difference = + 1609h:48m:18.0395678s G:\Photo\_2020\Avril\20200421_162835.jpg 0 ----------D-- \\?\G:\photo\_2020\Decembre\ 9 ----------D-- \\?\G:\photo\_2020\Decembre\Noel\ Nouveau fichier 5.1 m -A----------- IMG_3676.JPG Nouveau fichier 5.1 m -A----------- IMG_3686.JPG Nouveau fichier 5.5 m -A----------- IMG_3688.JPG Nouveau fichier 5.5 m -A----------- IMG_3689.JPG Nouveau fichier 5.4 m -A----------- IMG_3690.JPG Nouveau fichier 5.5 m -A----------- IMG_3691.JPG Nouveau fichier 5.3 m -A----------- IMG_3693.JPG Nouveau fichier 5.3 m -A----------- IMG_3694.JPG Nouveau fichier 5.7 m -A----------- IMG_3700.JPG

I tried /DEBUG with the command but it doesn't help me more. I tried to replace /E and /PURGE by /MIR, no change ...

Does somes can help me please to fix this issue ?

Best Regards.

:)

Elrick75, Dec 26, 2020
  2. KingNeil2 Win User

Robocopy backup won't work

I tried to use the built-in Windows program called Robocopy to back up my files using the following command on the command line:

robocopy Documents J:\robocopy /e

This command works fine on my laptop

But it would not work on my desktop computer for some reason

It just shows the very command that I typed over and over again repeating the command over and over on a new line each time, and it doesn't copy the files. There is no explanation for why.

On the other hand, using Windows Backup / File History works just fine, but I don't want to use Windows Backup because I don't like the format that the files are saved in.

Why isn't Robocopy working? How do I solve this?

KingNeil2, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Having batch file backup problem...help if u can!

You could use robocopy and save yourself a lot of trouble.
    It's one line in a batch file to do just about everything you want and it will only backup files that changed so you aren't running a full backup when you don't need it.
    I use it to backup my fileservers at work.
    The newer version (post-XP) will multi-thread the backup too.

Just a tip from yer Ol' Uncle Kreij

Kreij, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Robocopy My data backup batch no longer works because of the new version, why? what did...

Having batch file backup problem...help if u can!

i just did a search...and one guy says this:
    RichCopy is a free utility that comes to us from Ken Tamaru of Microsoft.
    Some people say richcopy is an improvement over robocopy. Guess i'll try both!

u ever hear of richcopy?

GraveFiller, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Robocopy My data backup batch no longer works because of the new version, why? what did...

1. Robocopy My data backup batch no longer works because of the new version, why? what did... - Similar Threads - Robocopy data backup

2. Robocopy Backup Files are no longer visible or accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy Backup Files are no longer visible or accessible: I've been using Robocopy for years to backup folders. All of a sudden, my backup folders and files are no longer visible or accessible. I've tried removing system and hidden file attributes which I never had to do before but that didn't help. I've also tried all the...
  3. Robocopy Backup Files are no longer visible or accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Robocopy Backup Files are no longer visible or accessible: I've been using Robocopy for years to backup folders. All of a sudden, my backup folders and files are no longer visible or accessible. I've tried removing system and hidden file attributes which I never had to do before but that didn't help. I've also tried all the...
  4. Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?: Evening, I'm just after a bit of help, I have a folder on my PC which has a load of files from my Nikon Camera - for my current example 1700 at around 42GB, I usually copy these to an external SDD but I'm guessing due to the SSD the speed tends to drop off so I start around...
  5. Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?: Evening, I'm just after a bit of help, I have a folder on my PC which has a load of files from my Nikon Camera - for my current example 1700 at around 42GB, I usually copy these to an external SDD but I'm guessing due to the SSD the speed tends to drop off so I start around...
  6. Backup and compare with robocopy not working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and compare with robocopy not working: I've backed up the Windows folder from a Windows 10 boot drive with robocopy F:\Windows E:\roboRubi\Windowsz /mir Both source and target drives are attached to internal SATA ports. None of the two drives (source and target) is the boot drive I'm booted into. I'm using an...
  7. HOW: Robocopy command to a batch-file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOW: Robocopy command to a batch-file: This working fine in a Command Prompt: robocopy "C:\¤Head Folder\Folder 01\Old folder" "C:\¤Head Folder\Folder 01\New folder" /mov /minage:930 How do I make a Batch file .BAT with that RoboCopy command...
  8. Webcam no longer works--it did work--even with new Skype version--but stopped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam no longer works--it did work--even with new Skype version--but stopped: My USB 2.0 webcam no longer works with Skype. I updated to the new version of Skype, and it worked fine at first. Now, my computer no longer recognizes this device. I checked the Device functions under Hardware "USB 2.0 2MP UVC AF Camera" for both "Imaging Device" and...
  9. Robocopy backup won't work

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Robocopy backup won't work: I tried to use the built-in Windows program called Robocopy to back up my files using the following command on the command line: robocopy Documents J:\robocopy /e This command works fine on my laptop But it would not work on my desktop computer for some reason It...
  10. Robocopy syntax doesn't work in my batch file anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Robocopy syntax doesn't work in my batch file anymore: I created the following text file & then changed the extension to .bat. The syntax is: Robocopy "C:\Users\Phil\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\MyProfile" "E:\Backups\Thunderbird\Profiles\MyProfile" /MIR /Z /W:5 /TS /MOT:180 /R:10 I also created a shortcut for it on...