Windows 10: Robocopy random total file count after first full transfer

Discus and support Robocopy random total file count after first full transfer in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi When using /mir or /e on a full directory it gives me random total files count on 1809. robocopy /log: /e /mt:16 /np /r:0 /w:0 /xa:s /XJ /v /fft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by kit, Dec 26, 2020.

1. KIT
    kit Win User

Robocopy random total file count after first full transfer

Hi

When using /mir or /e on a full directory it gives me random total files count on 1809.

robocopy /log: /e /mt:16 /np /r:0 /w:0 /xa:s /XJ /v /fft

Code:
    57964 is the actual files count in source.

Code:
    Code:
    Code:
    Code:
    Is this normal behavior?

:)

2. total number (count) of contacts / people?

Hello avioing,

Unfortunately at the moment there is no such mechanism to count all the contacts on the phone. As suggested, you would have to go to windowsphone.live.com and get the count from there. If you have Outlook with Exchange, you should go get the total count
    from within Outlook, same applies to Gmail and other contact lists. Thanks a lot for contributing to the forum!

Patrizia R., Dec 26, 2020
  3. Robocopy speed question

I have 2 large files (total 210 GB) being copied by Robocopy between 2 external drives. Task Manager under "Disk" indicates a transfer speed of 30 MB/s.

A straightforward calculation indicates that it should take 117 minutes to complete the transfer. In practice, however, I am noticing a time to completion of about 250 minutes, or more than double the theoretical calculation.

Can anyone please explain this large discrepancy or, alternatively, suggest some way to improve on this performance? With Robocopy I use switches /mir /xo /mt:80.

All suggestions appreciated.

IvanDenisovich, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Robocopy random total file count after first full transfer

Windows 10 file transfer

You write "the file transfer speed drops to zero", yet the xcopy command does not provide you with any feedback about speed or progress. I suggest you do this to drill down a bit further:

• Examine the event logger (as mentioned before)
    • Use robocopy instead of xcopy:

robocopy F:\ D:\ /s
    • Repeat the copy process on a different machine

Frederik Long, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Robocopy random total file count after first full transfer

1. Robocopy random total file count after first full transfer - Similar Threads - Robocopy random total

2. robocopy files but exclude files in root

in Windows 10 Gaming
    robocopy files but exclude files in root: Hello,I want to copy this directory, but exclude the files in root a,b,c:Source:c:\src\test\ - a.txt - b.txt - c.txt - sub1\ - d.txt - sub2\ - e.txtDestination:c:\dest\test\ - sub1\ - d.txt - sub2\ - e.txtI tried:- robocopy c:\src\test...
  3. robocopy files but exclude files in root

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    robocopy files but exclude files in root: Hello,I want to copy this directory, but exclude the files in root a,b,c:Source:c:\src\test\ - a.txt - b.txt - c.txt - sub1\ - d.txt - sub2\ - e.txtDestination:c:\dest\test\ - sub1\ - d.txt - sub2\ - e.txtI tried:- robocopy c:\src\test...
  4. ? on file counts during scans

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ? on file counts during scans: I have Malwarebytes paid on my 20H2 desktop. After running full scans with MB, it had shown 302k files. With Windows defender full scan showed 791k files . Why is that ? ...thanks in advance. 178962
  5. How to display file number count out of total files in a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to display file number count out of total files in a folder: In older versions of Windows Explorer, there was a feature where you could click on a file in a folder and it would display the file number out of the total files in a folder. Ex. 3/100, would mean you are clicking on the 3rd file of 100 files in a folder. That feature...
  6. QUICK SCAN OR FULL SCAN COUNT OF FILES NOT SHOWN

QUICK SCAN OR FULL SCAN COUNT OF FILES NOT SHOWN: HI WHEN I STARTED SCAN IT SAYS SCANING BUT THE FILES SCANNED COUNT IS NOT SHOWING. I DO NOT KNOW IF IT REALLY SCANNING OR HANGED AT THAT POINT...
  7. File and folder count are incorrect after copy

in Windows 10 Support
    File and folder count are incorrect after copy: Did a win10 copy of files and folders as a manual backup to an external disk. Source 2k8 server (via unc path) and destination win10 laptop with external usb drive. Did properties on the main destination folder and the source afterwards and could see that there was a...
  8. Backup with robocopy file count and size are different

Backup with robocopy file count and size are different: I always try to keep up 3 copies and found the tool robocopy /mir as very useful. After some years I run into a big issue. Why there is such a big discrepancy in file size and count eating up the space on my external drive? See attached screenshot: [ATTACH] If I compare...
  9. robocopy backup of important files

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    robocopy backup of important files: hi, I have a standard Windows 10 build and I'm using y to backup my data to an external drive. The goal is just to capture all my data so if the PC fails/gets stolen etc. I can restore my data on to another PC. I'm doing a backup of c:\users\ as this seems to capture...
  10. Directory file count

in Windows 10 Support
    Directory file count: Does anyone know of a program that when run will give you the number of files in each directory. Thanks Shane. 63754